• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition F Class in NE?

DropZone

Shooter
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2006
Nebraska
www.chamberscustom.com
I've been away from the hide for a long time. Just took some time to get moved to NE a few years ago and learn a new trade. Now that I'm back a few rifles have re-entered my collection. After meeting a new friend (who lives far away unfortunately) that shoots hi-power and has lots of experience with F Class I decided to have a rifle built.

Talked with Randy Gregory today and he is going to do the build for me. Going with his 240NMC as I already have a .223 and .308 if I wanted to shoot F/TR for fun. Really, this is just an excuse to get a nice, accurate, custom built long range varmint rig and be able to use it on something else.
grin.gif

Right now the plan is to use this new New Haven Win M70 Coyote in .22-250 for the donor rifle with a Rock 5R 30" tube, trued action, pillar bedded stock and TPS scope base. I got the rifle for a steal and already have a very accurate .22-250...

Anyways, I have a couple of questions. First, what glass would you guys use? I've been reading about Sightron a lot. They seem nice. I've owned NF and know they are nice, but a bit spendy...what are your thoughts?

Secondly, are there any of you on here that are in NE that shoot F Class or Hi Power that can direct me to a place to partake? I've heard that Eastern NE Gun Club (ENGC) might have some matches from time to time. I live just southwest of Lincoln if that helps. Also, any of you enjoy varmint shooting in NE?

Well, that is all. Glad I'm back and glad to find some info about F Class. Looking forward to enjoying myself!

Best Regards,
Joe Chambers

Re: F Class in NE?

ENGC member here

http://engc.us/schedules.shtml
Take a look- they keep us pretty busy there. Im not a HP shooter yet, stick to USPSA mostly but only because I never seem to be home for the right matches. I would contact Bill for NRA High Power Rifle to 600yds -Bill Keil 402-933-4881. He seems to be the match directors for most of the matches. They're always welcoming to new shooters, they charge entry fees for matches, of course, but you dont have to be a club member to shoot the match, all matches are open to the public. Just need to be a member to practice on off days.

ENGC has matches every month for about 5 months. There is one the coming weekend and one in October. After that it will be next April before it starts back up. A good group of guys shooting at the matches. Gene holds the matches. No big thing there. Shoot what you bring. If you don't have a 600 yard zero yet. We will get you on paper and have you shooting.

There is a few other hide members shoot out there.

Good shooting
RIch

Just moved from Omaha to San Diego last month; but I'm actually flying back for the mid-range match this Sunday. ENGC is a fantastic facility and you won't find a better bunch of people to shoot with. It's probably only about 30 min or so from you. Definitely worth your time to look into it.

Their general membership application is held 4 times yearly, the next one is Oct. 18th.

This is great news guys! If I can get away from my work bench, Sunday might just be a great time to drive up and see what it is all about. I know a few of the guys that shoot USPSA there and have even worked on some of their pistols for them. It is about an hour or so from me but that isn't that far.

Guess I need to get in touch with someone to see about going to the meeting for membership also. I have a place here to shoot out to just over 700 but you have to haul your gear for about a half mile over the pasture, if they don't have cattle grazing, to shoot. Would be nice to have a place to just pull up, unpack and shoot.

Thanks for the heads up on this. Now, any thoughts from you gents regarding the scope question? Currently on my .308 and .223 I have the exact same set up. Both guns are sporting the TPS 20moa rail with TPS rings and Bushnell Elite 10x40 scopes which work fine out to 600 or so but not sure that is the route desired for F Class. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated. And thanks again on the ENGC info!

Best Regards,
Joe Chambers

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jpspeeddemon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">10x is low for f-class or benchrest, but if you shoot well with it, then it don't matter </div></div>

Yes, it is a bit low for those two. But I do like them for general purpose and do shoot good with them. When I set them up my intention was just for hunting/general shooting purposes. I got the .308 for myself in trade from a client and liked it so much that I got the same gun in .223 to teach the wife how to shoot due to the zero recoil...ya, uh-huh, sure I did...no really! I did!...ya...o.k.
wink.gif
Then along came another, the .22-250 donor rifle...ugh...I have a sickness. HA!

Best Regards,
Joe Chambers

Joe - keep an eye out on this site for the 2012 match calendar. I'm going to run a series of F-Class and long range matches again. We'll try to make the drive over worth your while. If you want in the night before to camp, contact me directly to arrange that.

www.crci.org

Joe,
Pretty much all you need to do to join is to show up at the October 18th meeting with your NRA card and checkbook. More info here if you need it:

http://www.engc.us/member.shtml

Believe me, you won't be sorry, it's a great organization. ENGC is the one thing that made me really sorry to leave Omaha for San Diego.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gstaylorg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Joe,
Pretty much all you need to do to join is to show up at the October 18th meeting with your NRA card and checkbook. More info here if you need it:

http://www.engc.us/member.shtml

Believe me, you won't be sorry, it's a great organization. ENGC is the one thing that made me really sorry to leave Omaha for San Diego. </div></div>

Oddly enough, it actually helped me stay in Omaha rather than move back to home (SD)

+1 on ENGC. i just moved from NE and i was a member at ENGC its a great facility with great people, and they have matches going all the time, just check their schedule

I know what you mean. I flew back this past weekend for the midrange F-class match. Had a great turnout and the weather couldn't have been better (although my score could have LOL). It's a great place to shoot.

Don't know about western NE, but the ENGC matches are still going strong - 30+ shooters on any given match, about 60/40 TR/Open. You do not need to be a club member to shoot matches, if I recall correctly, so if you're in the area check it out. It's a good time.

Don't know about western NE, but the ENGC matches are still going strong - 30+ shooters on any given match, about 60/40 TR/Open. You do not need to be a club member to shoot matches, if I recall correctly, so if you're in the area check it out. It's a good time.

It was indeed a great season this year. Was sad when it was over...

Nope not even close to the area. I am out in the panhandle.

Alliance Rifle Club has great 1000 yard matches. They are a great group out there. Planning on making some trips up there to shoot this year. If I was in the middle of both I would go to Alliance before ENGC. Not very many clubs have 1000 yards to shoot. They start on the 800 yard line shoot, move back to the 900 yard line shoot and then to the 1000 yard line. Chris Ford puts the matches on.