• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition F class information...

XTR

F-TR junkie
Minuteman
  • Sep 4, 2010
    Lebanon, NH
    www.onlinehumidor.com
    ... seems to be hidden really well, that or my google-fu is just awful.

Searching I can't find anything. The usfclass.com website is great for seeing what the team has done but it's news of past events and only covers the team. I cant find F class mentioned on the NRA site w/o going to the rules and anything else requires going hitting a particular clubs website and they are somewhat hard to find in the weeds.

The point of all this is that I was talking to someone at the TN state championships about F class being at Camp Perry next year. They said that it we their understanding that the 2012 F-class national championships were being held out west somewhere (I forget where). There was also some discussion that this may be a "one time", at least for now, event at Perry. The reasons behind the event are that some national teams are coming in for it (Canada was mentioned). Anyone heard.know anything about this?

Re: F class information...

I believe the 2012 F Class National Championships will be at Raton New Mexico. Could be wrong but that is where I believe it will be held

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe the 2012 F Class National Championships will be at Raton New Mexico. Could be wrong but that is where I believe it will be held </div></div>

That makes sense with what I remember. I somehow don't see an F-class event as a regular thing at Perry if it doesn't become the national title match. obviously if the 2013 on match locations aren't chosen it can happen but it's something to ponder.

You are correct Mike, the 2012 F-Class Nationals will be at Raton.
    More information about the 2012 America Match at Perry can be found here: http://www.usrifleteams.com/lrforum/index.php?showtopic=13879

Also, from Larry B.:
    The 2012 FCN is scheduled for Sept 17-21 including practice. It will start after the SoA Sept 8-15, 2012.
    The 2013 FCN will be held August 18-23 including practice. The 2013 F-Class World Championships will be held August 23-27, 2013 including practice on 23rd. All matches will be held at the Whittington Center in Raton, NM.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XTR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The point of all this is that I was talking to someone at the TN state championships about F class being at Camp Perry next year. They said that it we their understanding that the 2012 F-class national championships were being held out west somewhere (I forget where). There was also some discussion that this may be a "one time", at least for now, event at Perry. The reasons behind the event are that some national teams are coming in for it (Canada was mentioned). Anyone heard.know anything about this?
    </div></div>

The reason, probably the *only* reason they are 'allowing' F-class @ Camp Perry next year is because of the Americas Cup. Basically it is a USA-vs-Canada team match. In 2010 it was held in Ottowa as part of their National LR Championship and F-Class was a part of it for the first time. The schedule for the Americas Cup basically alternates countries every two years - so in 2012, the Americas Cup will be a part of Camp Perry. Hence, the allowance of F-Class to shoot alongside, while not really being a part of, Camp Perry.

Whether they 'allow' F-class to be a part of Camp Perry in 2013 will be interesting to see... then again, with FCNC & FCWC in Raton in August 2013, who the heck would *want* to shoot @ Camp Perry that year
    wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: memilanuk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">... then again, with FCNC & FCWC in Raton in August 2013, who the heck would *want* to shoot @ Camp Perry that year
    wink.gif

</div></div>

For me Camp Perry is about a 9 hour drive (do it in a day), Raton on the other hand is two very long days or 3 if you aren't killing yourself. So two days travel vs. four to six and the added fun that there are at least half a dozen local slingers who shoot at Perry.

Camp Perry, where you are 'allowed' to compete as a second class citizen... vs. F-Class Nationals and F-Class *Worlds* at the NRA national shooting center.

Camp Perry will be there in 2014. Gonna be a long while before FCWC rotates back to the USA. Make the time!

Will the F class matches at Camp Perry in 2012 be team matches only or will there be individual matches also?

B.L.

If I understood it right all LR matches will be open for F class. No idea how they will do trophies and awards for the winners. My guess would be some nra medals if we are lucky. Im happy that we will finally have the opportunity to shoot at Camp Perry along side some of the best LR marksmen and women in the world.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 280man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I understood it right all LR matches will be open for F class. No idea how they will do trophies and awards for the winners. My guess would be some nra medals if we are lucky. Im happy that we will finally have the opportunity to shoot at Camp Perry along side some of the best LR marksmen and women in the world. </div></div>

That is not what I got from reading the link above. Looks like 4 and 8 man teams to me, but I've been wrong before.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XTR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 280man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I understood it right all LR matches will be open for F class. No idea how they will do trophies and awards for the winners. My guess would be some nra medals if we are lucky. Im happy that we will finally have the opportunity to shoot at Camp Perry along side some of the best LR marksmen and women in the world. </div></div>

That is not what I got from reading the link above. Looks like 4 and 8 man teams to me, but I've been wrong before. </div></div>

On my initial read I also thought that individual F class would be shooting too, most likely I just assumed that. It seems there are usually always individual competitions included at big team events. On a second reading of the initial post on Long Range.com I too concluded it would only be team matches. Eventually someone who is really in the Know will give us the straight scoop. In the mean time start making up some teams and practice together.

Bob L.

"We invite all International teams and competitors to join us at the history making event and to shoot shoulder to shoulder with us during our National Championships.

To those overseas competitors, our National Long Range Championships consist of four, 20-shot 1000 yard matches (winners to be determined by a separate shoot-off by rifle type), an individual Palma course of fire, and two 4-man, 1000 yard team matches.

This is 140 rounds at 1000 yards (including teams), 15@900, and 15@800 over four days. Additionally, F-Class competitors will be welcomed to compete at Camp Perry for the first time."

Quote from Emil's post on LR forum