• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F-Class Products AutoDOD preview

orkan

Primal Rights, Inc.
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Oct 27, 2008
    South Dakota, USA
    www.primalrights.com
    Got mine setup and have been running some cases. Pretty impressive unit so far.

PEzobBTh.jpg

Last edited:
    Flexing on another level here dude.

Looks like you have it set to take quite a bit of material off though. Was this a quick and dirty run or is this your final setting for neck thickness?

Damn, that's pretty anal...you sure you're not...funny?

BNaFHR9h.jpg

I installed a new tool head to setup for 300NM a while ago. Took about 10 minutes total on my first time through to remove the 30° setup I was running and replace it with this other tool head with a 20° cutter. Another 5 minutes or so to set it up for a full clean up on this virgin Lapua brass. They start out just under .015" and I'm ending up at a very consistent .0135.

VExLOtDh.jpg

• Love
    Reactions: Joel Danielson
    BNaFHR9h.jpg

I installed a new tool head to setup for 300NM a while ago. Took about 10 minutes total on my first time through to remove the 30° setup I was running and replace it with this other tool head with a 20° cutter. Another 5 minutes or so to set it up for a full clean up on this virgin Lapua brass. They start out just under .015" and I'm ending up at a very consistent .0135.

VExLOtDh.jpg
    1000 pieces of Lapua 284 coming soon...may have to get one of these. My 21st Century knock-off doesn't come close to this.
    Cheers

Reactions: orkan
    I've seen the videos and I like it. My question is how does it hold the case. Is there a machined taper specific to each case size?

I had an IDOD.

Cutting the inside of the neck isn’t a good idea. Think about a screw.

brass is never perfectly concentric. So if your cutter is stationary but you neck has run out it will be thinner in certain areas. No matter how small.

I can think of better ways to spend $1500 to $2500.

I know some other folks who have had issues.

the only upside to using an IDOD is speed and it’s only marginally better.

Glad I'm not having that experience. My necks are holding roughly 2 ten thousandths in thickness for the entire circumference, on average... across 4 cartridges I've done so far. A lot of it has been virgin too.

Though I'm not sure I can even measure ten thousandths accurately. I'm not using tools that have been certified recently. So more accurately might be to say, the machine is producing brass more uniform than I would claim I could reliably measure.