• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition F-Class shoots in Michigan

Re: F-Class shoots in Michigan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AJ300MAG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bob, re Cadillac, I'll have scrambeled eggs, sausage, and wheat toast.
smile.gif
</div></div>

Al, you bring one of those Breakfast in a Bowl meals and I will be glad to throw it in the microwave for you. And I will give you ice cream at the end of the match ! Nothin' too good for you bud!

Good fullbore match at Midland, Stinkin' Hot by noon though.
5 Ftr shooters, 2 F open and aix or seven sling shooters.

In Ftr Brad Sauve was the winner 446 and a bunch of X's 450 is the possible. Brad is also a member of the National F tr team.

Second and spanking me badly again was AJ300mag, aka Al Walewski with a 444 and a bunch of X's And may have set a national Fullbore 600 Ftr record with a 149-9 or more X's.

I was a distant 3rd with a 440-12X

So it takes better than 99% to win at Midland!

Our "Coasty" did very well once he caught on to the goofy swirling wind at Midland. Not much wind today but when it came up it was the usual swirl. We had a bit of a "home field advantage" knowing about the swirl for those of us who shoot there regularly.

Next Sunday is at Cadillac a 3x600, then the following Saturday is a 3x600 at Midland, Then Long Range matches in Grayling on July 29,30,31. Oh, there is also a Washtenaw 3x600 on July 17. Plenty of Midrange shooting in Michigan.

Tomorrow at Iosco Spts Club is a 3x600.

We are anxious for that new 1000 yd range!

R/S
Bob L.

Fullbore is 300yds, 500yds and 600yds. .308Win or .223 Rem calibers only except for F open class, they can shoot any caliber .35 cal or less. All prone shooting, single shot.

well i had a great time Bob. I probably lost about 10lbs, thankfully there was a bit of a breeze through the pits on the last relay. After today though i'm thinking that i might need a little more than a 14x scope to hang with the big boys.

I was a little fustrated shooting that "9" on my last shot. It was one of those relays where everything was working right. Never gave the record a thought until I was walking back up the hill to get my gear and Brad met me half way to congratulate me.

Just into the string my scorer called out a 10, before I could say anything Brad told him that it was an X. The record was 149-8X set in 2009 by.... Brad Sauve. That my friends is a class act!!!

The new record is 149-9X
grin.gif

It looks like everyone is having fun and that there are some very good shooters attending these matches. I intend to give one a 'shot' and to try to learn more about F class shooting. Unfortunately I can't make July 10th, but I hope to make one this summer with Stiggy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SpiritZeroThree</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well i had a great time Bob. I probably lost about 10lbs, thankfully there was a bit of a breeze through the pits on the last relay. After today though i'm thinking that i might need a little more than a 14x scope to hang with the big boys. </div></div>

Yea, even at the 22X I am using that is about the minimum power scope. You really have to be able to pick out a particular spot on the target to aim at for accurate hold offs. Another reason why we ask for new targets once the 10 and X ring get too many pasters on them and the lines start to disappear.

Glad you had a good time, hope you can make the Cadillac match next Sunday and the special Effing match in August.

Bob L.

Bob and I shot the inaurural 3X600 match at Iosco Sportsmans Club (Oscoda)Sunday. Very nice range! You can see that they put a lot of time in to develop their range. One nice feature is that the wind you see is true, you don't get the swirly crap at Iosco that you'll see at Cadillac or Midland. They plan on holding a couple more matches this year, just informal and then having a firm schedule next season. Iosco is looking at holding a match on July 24th. I'll post the confirmation when it becomes available.

I am looking forward to trying this. Boblor has been graciously answering all my questions. Thanks Bob. I hope to make it soon to one of these. I think I found a Savage 10FP to start with, working on the deal as we speak.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AJ300MAG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bob and I shot the inaurural 3X600 match at Iosco Sportsmans Club (Oscoda)Sunday. Very nice range! You can see that they put a lot of time in to develop their range. One nice feature is that the wind you see is true, you don't get the swirly crap at Iosco that you'll see at Cadillac or Midland. They plan on holding a couple more matches this year, just informal and then having a firm schedule next season. Iosco is looking at holding a match on July 24th. I'll post the confirmation when it becomes available. </div></div>

I will also commend the Iosco Spts Club for building a really nice 600 yard range. Al, do keep us informed if they do decide to have another 3x600 on July 24. Looks like I could make it and maybe Ken O. and Jim D. too. Shared rides for both of us.

I cut all the firing lines at Cadillac today and refaced all the targets, so Cadillac is ready for this weekend.

At 600 yd. practice today shot a 198-9X, now why couldn't I do that last sunday on match 3!!! Maybe I need to cut grass for a couple of hours before I shoot! Mirage was not quite so bad today as sunday. I also put up two of the canopies to shoot from underneath, much nicer than having the sun roasting us.

See you Sunday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JWV</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Bob. Are there any pictures of the Cadillac range. I was on the website but could not find any.

Justin </div></div>

Justin, you know I do not think we have taken any pictures of the range. I usually have a camera with me at the matches but am usually too busy to even take it out of the truck. I'll ask around and see if anyone has taken a picture of the range.

Bob L.

Also, is there a student discount for the match fee? I know a few ranges have such a thing but no biggie if not!

Junior shooters pay 5 dollars. So if you are under 21 and in school you get the Junior rate.

Bob L.

• Reloading done
• Range Bag packed
o Eyes and Ears
o Rear Bag
o Ammo
o Chamber indicator
• Rifle packed
• Shooting Mat packed
• Rest packed
• Directions printed
I’ll set the alarm clock, throw some waters in a cooler, and hit the road at 6am. See you guys at the range.

Had a blast!!! Thanks Al and Bob. You guys were a big help. I shot a 573-17x. I completely dropped a shot in my 2nd string, otherwise I would have placed 4th. Had a great time and learned a lot regardless.

Justin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marksman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">• Reloading done
• Range Bag packed
o Eyes and Ears
o Rear Bag
o Ammo
o Chamber indicator
• Rifle packed
• Shooting Mat packed
• Rest packed
• Directions printed
I’ll set the alarm clock, throw some waters in a cooler, and hit the road at 6am. See you guys at the range.
</div></div>

Marksman, I do not know who you are, but I hope you made it to the range and had a good time.

Justin, you did great for your first F match, too bad about that one low shot. It was nice meeting you. Hope to see you at Midland or Grayling this month and or at Cadillac next month on the 21st for the special Effing match.
Bob L.

Damn I'm missing out.

I told myself this was going to be my season to get into it and compete.

Wish I could of found a job back home and stopped having to travel for work.

Well maybe next year.

Thanks Bob! You will be seeing me at the remainder of the Cadillac matches including the effing match and at least 1 midland match. Hopefully I can make it to Grayling for one day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Boblor</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marksman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">• Reloading done
• Range Bag packed
o Eyes and Ears
o Rear Bag
o Ammo
o Chamber indicator
• Rifle packed
• Shooting Mat packed
• Rest packed
• Directions printed
</div></div>

Marksman, I do not know who you are, but I hope you made it to the range and had a good time.

Justin, you did great for your first F match, too bad about that one low shot. It was nice meeting you. Hope to see you at Midland or Grayling this month and or at Cadillac next month on the 21st for the special Effing match.
Bob L.
</div></div>

I was (am) Scott. Spot 3, first relay. I saw a few other snipershide folks there but didn't have a chance to introduce myself.

Have to say, shooting with Kurt, and sitting next to Harry, they made me feel like I'd been shooting with them my whole life. Great group of guys, and although I've got a friends wedding on the Effing match, I'll make it up for the following one for sure.

Ok Marksman (scott) I know who you are now. Glad you had a good time. You had a 96% average, excellent shooting.

Yea, I think there were 5 shooters that I know of that are also on the "Hide" site.

See you at a later match in Cadillac or one of the other ranges.

Bob L.

Was a pleasure to meet you Jason!

Plenty of potential there, thinking there's a "Master" classification for Mid-Range in your near future
grin.gif

If you enjoy gettin your aze kicked on a regular basis keep comming to Cadillac. The competition is always ready, what's not to like about a match that comes down to the last ten shot string to determine the winner.

Hey Bob, take it Al and Jeff have been a little practice in?

The existing F-TR record for a 20 round match is 200-14X. Alan Barnhart shot a 200-15X in match #3 Sunday. That my friends is the calibre of competition that shoots at Cadillac!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AJ300MAG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was a pleasure to meet you Jason!

Plenty of potential there, thinking there's a "Master" classification for Mid-Range in your near future
grin.gif

If you enjoy gettin your aze kicked on a regular basis keep comming to Cadillac. The competition is always ready, what's not to like about a match that comes down to the last ten shot string to determine the winner.

Hey Bob, take it Al and Jeff have been a little practice in?

The existing F-TR record for a 20 round match is 200-14X. Alan Barnhart shot a 200-15X in match #3 Sunday. That my friends is the calibre of competition that shoots at Cadillac!

</div></div>
Lets see, Jeff sandbags us at the practices just to keep us off balance. Jeff just put that barrel on Al B's rifle last Monday. Al has only practiced last Tuesday for maybe 15 or 20 rounds. Never even worked up a load, just used the load from his last barrel. That new barrel and Al were shooting like last Sunday right off the get go. I think Al got a good barrel, Jeff did his usual excellent chambering job and Al B. has some good talent. The rest of the seaon is going to be tough on us. I am going to the range tomorrow to practice up for Midland on Saturday.
Bob L.

I just emailed Bob asking for info, so I'm not trying to duplicate that effort but I do want to say that I plan on coming to the August "effing" match and like many others, it'll be my first match. If someone has a POC that I can connect with ahead of time and once there, that'd be nice. Otherwise, any prep advice is appreciated (not so much "preparing to dominate" as "preparing to not be in the way").

I sent a reply back to biglakesrule last night, for new guys coming to the EFfing match at Cadillac next month, we will try to squad you with an experienced shooter. Really it is all pretty simple, listen to the Line Officer, be on the line when you are supposed to and be in the pits when you are supposed to. You will be told when to go where. Come with a 600 yd zero on your rifle. Handle your rifles in a safe manner. Learning how to score and pull targets takes about five minutes of experience.

Bob L.

If you are planning to attend the Effing match at the Cadillac Sportsman's Club in Michigan on August 21 please let me know by e-mail. [email protected] The range capacity is 40 and as of this morning, Aug 7,2011 we have 34 shooters signed up.

If you would like a paid pit puller let me know. Paid pit pullers cost 25 dollars.

The match fee for non club members is $30.00. 60 rounds total for record at 600 yds. Prone slow fire. unlimited sighters in match one. In match 2 and 3 only two sighters. 3 matches of 20 shots plus your sighters, 25 minutes for your sighters and record shots. You will also pull targets and score your partner. 4 relay system will be used.

Bob Lorenz [email protected]

sorry no muzzle brakes

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Boblor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you are planning to attend the Effing match at the Cadillac Sportsman's Club in Michigan on August 21 please let me know by e-mail. [email protected] The range capacity is 40 and as of this morning, Aug 7,2011 we have 34 shooters signed up.

If you would like a paid pit puller let me know. Paid pit pullers cost 25 dollars.

The match fee for non club members is $30.00. 60 rounds total for record at 600 yds. Prone slow fire. unlimited sighters in match one. In match 2 and 3 only two sighters. 3 matches of 20 shots plus your sighters, 25 minutes for your sighters and record shots. You will also pull targets and score your partner. 4 relay system will be used.

sorry no muzzle brakes </div></div>

As of 11:55 hrs. Sunday August 7 we are at 38 shooters of a range capacity of 40 shooters.

Bob L.

I shoulda posted this much sooner, but there will be a 3x600 match (three 20-round strings) at Washtenaw Sportsmans Club on Sunday (THIS SUNDAY) and FTR and F open shooters are welcome. If I can shoot Sunday like I did Wednesday, I could classify as High Master. Wish me luck!!!

Be there at 9:00AM to register.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Boblor</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Boblor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you are planning to attend the Effing match at the Cadillac Sportsman's Club in Michigan on August 21 please let me know by e-mail. [email protected] The range capacity is 40 and as of this morning, Aug 7,2011 we have 34 shooters signed up.

sorry no muzzle brakes </div></div>

As of 11:55 hrs. Sunday August 7 we are at 38 shooters of a range capacity of 40 shooters.

Bob L. </div></div>

46 competitors attended the Cadillac Special Effing match on August 21st. The weather was good, we all had fun.
http://www.appliedballisticsllc.com/scores.pdf is the place to go to see the scores.

Bob L.

I need to get back out there and start bustin some ass! I got my new 308 and its ready to go.

Rich

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SSG3K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I need to get back out there and start bustin some ass! I got my new 308 and its ready to go.

Rich </div></div>

Ok Rich, Iosco Sportsmans Club 3x600 this Sunday at 10am. Midland next Saturday 9-3-11 Then another Iosco on Sunday 9-4-11, Grayling 1000 yds on Sept-10,11, and the last Cadillac 3x600 on Sept. 18 and a Washtenaw 3x600 on Sept 18. Midland 3x600 on Sept.24.

There you go.................Did you shoot Washtenaw last Sunday?

Bob L

I am going to try to get to Midland. Cadillac was awesome, really good shooters, and great guys to to shoot with. Now that I have had my F-Class cherry popped, I understand the game a little better. I will bring enough ammo for the next match. I was told unlimited sighters, and 20 rounds for score. I brought 50 rounds, I about crapped when I was told at the range 3 relays. LOL! John's gun certainly didn't agree with me on the last relay, that's for sure.

Nick,
Nuts, sorry I did not explain the match better to you. I am glad John loaned you a rifle and ammo. I thought I sent you a match program, must have forgot.

Any way I am glad you had a good time and it was nice meeting you. See you at Midland or some of the other shoots. I plan on shooting the Iosco match this Sunday, then Midland next Saturday. etc, etc. F nationals are coming up quickly.

Bob L
Cadillac

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Boblor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nick,
Nuts, sorry I did not explain the match better to you. I am glad John loaned you a rifle and ammo. I thought I sent you a match program, must have forgot.

Any way I am glad you had a good time and it was nice meeting you. See you at Midland or some of the other shoots. I plan on shooting the Iosco match this Sunday, then Midland next Saturday. etc, etc. F nationals are coming up quickly.

Bob L
Cadillac </div></div>

You sent the data that I needed, but I just didnt read it close enough, it is not your fault at all, Bob. It was great meeting you, and really look forward to Midland. Hell, I might try to get up to Iosco, but not sure as of this moment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I shoulda posted this much sooner, but there will be a 3x600 match (three 20-round strings) at Washtenaw Sportsmans Club on Sunday (THIS SUNDAY) and FTR and F open shooters are welcome. If I can shoot Sunday like I did Wednesday, I could classify as High Master. Wish me luck!!!

Be there at 9:00AM to register. </div></div>

Y'all musta wished me luck, because I did make High Master! 590-18X. My strings were 198, 194, 198. I think if I had the pits reface my target for string two, I coulda eeked out a couple points more...

Excellent shooting Turbo54.

Shooting High Master is a note worthy accomplishment.

bob L.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Boblor</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SSG3K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I need to get back out there and start bustin some ass! I got my new 308 and its ready to go.

Rich </div></div>

Ok Rich, Iosco Sportsmans Club 3x600 this Sunday at 10am. Midland next Saturday 9-3-11 Then another Iosco on Sunday 9-4-11, Grayling 1000 yds on Sept-10,11, and the last Cadillac 3x600 on Sept. 18 and a Washtenaw 3x600 on Sept 18. Midland 3x600 on Sept.24.

There you go.................Did you shoot Washtenaw last Sunday?

Bob L

</div></div>

Rich you missed an excellent 3x600 yd. match at the Iosco Spts.club. Beautiful weather with some challenging wind conditions. Rich and Tom at Iosco run an excellent match and the range is fantastic. Great covered pits and firing line so you are not roasting in the sun. Well worth the drive to the Oscoda area.

We will wait for our ".308 win. ass busting" until a later match, ha ha.

John P. was there and should be able to give you his impression of the range and match.

See you soon Rich.

bob L.

Only a few more boating weekends left. I did manage to get the guns zeroed for ASC on the 17th. No need to worry Im not that good anymore.

Rich

Only a few more boating weekends left. I did manage to get the guns zeroed for ASC on the 17th. No need to worry Im not that good anymore.

Rich

Michigan Long Range Championship coming up this weekend at Camp Grayling all 1000 yd matches. Set up and practice on Friday starting at noon. Matches on Sat and Sunday. Sept 9,10,11.

Last of the season Cadillac 3x600 yd match on sept. 18, also a Washtenaw 3x600 on the 18th.

Midland 3x600 on Sat. the 24 Sept.

The Iosco 3x600 last Sunday was excellent, no rain, well run just an all around good match. Thanks Rich and Tom.

We had a few thunder storms for the Midland Mid range Championship last Saturday so the match program was cut down to two 600 yard events. That worked well, we managed to shoot in between the rain storms. Again a good match.

I enjoyed two good days of shooting.
Bob L.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Boblor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Michigan Long Range Championship coming up this weekend at Camp Grayling all 1000 yd matches. Set up and practice on Friday starting at noon. Matches on Sat and Sunday. Sept 9,10,11.

Last of the season Cadillac 3x600 yd match on sept. 18, also a Washtenaw 3x600 on the 18th.

Midland 3x600 on Sat. the 24 Sept.

The Iosco 3x600 last Sunday was excellent, no rain, well run just an all around good match. Thanks Rich and Tom.

We had a few thunder storms for the Midland Mid range Championship last Saturday so the match program was cut down to two 600 yard events. That worked well, we managed to shoot in between the rain storms. Again a good match.

I enjoyed two good days of shooting.
Bob L. </div></div>

I'll assume everything is still a go for tomorrow at Cadillac?

Bob is over at Cadillac running the Highpower match today....

Should be good to go tomorrow, haven't seen them ever cancel a match.

Watch out for the Cadillac sandbaggers...
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AJ300MAG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bob is over at Cadillac running the Highpower match today....

Should be good to go tomorrow, haven't seen them ever cancel a match.

Watch out for the Cadillac sandbaggers...
grin.gif
</div></div>

Yep the Cadillac Match went on as scheduled, Cool weather with with just enough wind to give you a 9 or worse if you did not keep watch on the wind flags. Looking at the score sheets of the f shooters only 4 of the F open shooters did not shoot an 8, and they shot a lot of 9's. All the F tr shooters shot at least one 8 or worse. So the wind did have an effect.

We had a total of 24 shooters on Sunday, not a bad turnout for Sept and there was also another 3x600 match down state. Two thirds of the shooters were F class, 9 F open and 7 F tr.

The alleged F tr Sandbagger came from the Midland club this time, Jim Dietlein of Dietlein Swaging Custom bullets,he won the Ftr match with a 587-22x. Bob Lorenz was second F tr with a 584-18X. Ok here is the shameless advert. both of us used Dietlein bullets.

Winner of F open was Bill Hammers with a score of 589-21X which included a 200-10X in the first match. Second in F open was Roger Franklin with a 581-14X.
"Marksman", from the Hide here, did fine in matches two and three his trigger failed in match one and he had to take a DNF for the first match.

After the match during the awards we enjoyed a homemade chili lunch, sort of a tradition now for our Sept. match. We also had ice cream and chocolate syrup to put out the belly fires from the chili.

The Cadillac NRA High Power season is over for 2011.

Hope to see some of you at the F Nationals next week.

Midland still has two 3x600's coming up one on the 24th of Sept and one on 29 Oct, a Boy Scout Charity match were the Boy Scouts will be doing the target Pulling.

Bob L.

Is Al still whinning over that "7"?
grin.gif

Still can't figure where that one came from. I know he was pretty much centered up, the flags didn't show anything that would send one out that far. Thinkin I need to get a hat made up real quick that has a "7" on it...

Oh yea, he is not going to get over that seven too soon!

I am sure he will have it all figured out by the Nationals. He will be "loaded for Bear" at Lodi.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Boblor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh yea, he is not going to get over that seven too soon!

I am sure he will have it all figured out by the Nationals. He will be "loaded for Bear" at Lodi. </div></div>

That poor poor 7.

I'm still working on my trigger, not totally sure what the problem is. I didn't realize how well I did in the last two matches. I think I would have been pretty competitive had I completed them all. Considering I didn't pull a 7 .........

Yep Scott, you shot real well. That 6xc is a excellent cartridge and you were doing your part very well.

Hope you enjoyed the tournament and the chili lunch after the tournament.

Hope to see you next season

Bob L.

Midland halloween match 10-29-11 600 yard match 60-70 rounds charity match. I shot it last year had a blast will be there again.

Rich

My rifle will be done soon, and I would like to enter some f class matches. What time of the year do they stop having them in or around washtenaw?