• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition F-TR Stocks, what are you using?

XTR

F-TR junkie
Minuteman
  • Sep 4, 2010
    Lebanon, NH
    www.onlinehumidor.com
    I'm shooting an McM A5 right now but I'm definitely looking for something with an integral adjustable cheek and not a saddle.

I'm not talking about F-O rest rider stocks, but stocks for a bipod.

What are the other options out there?

Re: F-TR Stocks, what are you using?

I have a new Manners design coming fairly soon. Tom is oing all out to make the best all around F TR Stock for me. He is making it more stable than whats currently available while also making it lighter

I have been using a McMillan Prone for many years and it works very well

Robertson Composite H&H model. It works well and the slant of the butt stock which i thought was a hinderance has become a help as it allows me to adjust my elevation off of my bipod without touching the bipod. it comes in regular or light fill. My version with 3 way butt plate and adjustable cheek riser came to 5lbs. something to consider when ordering actions or barrels. I don't know what the light fill version weighs.

When I get around to getting my 30" built I think weight will be a concern. At this point I'm planning to run Rock Creek med Palma contour, but that's still a heavy tube, add in three pounds of NF scope and a pod and I don't think there is a lot of room left below 18.1.

My current 24" with a 24" Rock Creek #7 in a McM A5 is 15.1 pounds, but it's also set up with Badger knob, rail, rings, M4 bottom metal, recoil lug. All that steel is adding some weight.

i am running a Rock 32" heavy palma, with a harris i easily made weight other bipod systems no. I have a Borden action. others like Tactical who use a Barnard have to account for the additional weight in the action.

It is a numbers game action, barrel, stock, scope, bipod and Incidentals screws trigger guard, rings. all have to be accounted for. not to mention the accuracy of the scale at the f class event. My scale has me under but will there's... fun fun fun.

I am running manners T4 in both open and TR, very satisfied so far and weight is not a problem. They are very comfortable for me.
    hope this helps.

McMillan Prone and AICS are my favorite "belly" stocks. I am currently using the chassis.

The match that I shot, I used my M40 A1 return stock.

My current F T/R stick uses a non-adjustable McM A5 and 24" #7 contour Bartlien. I'm considering building a "throwback" next using a McM Baker Special stock or an A1 adjustable stock, which are two options for an integral adjustable stock.

Early on I used a trued and tuned Rem 700P skim-bedded in the factory HS stock.

I'm on the AICS. Every one that shoots it says it works and looks good! It all depends on what you like and what you prefer!

Having a custom stock built now. This A5 has to go. Good for tactical, but not for F Class T/R.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Leaddog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Having a custom stock built now. This A5 has to go. Good for tactical, but not for F Class T/R.</div></div>

I concur!!!!!!!

I know they don't have the cool factor of other, more expensive, stocks but I have used and currently used H-S Precision long range stocks for competition. I have no complaints.

Chris

Rifle #1 has a McMillan Adj A3-5. Rifle #2 wears a Manners MCS-T5 with a home made saddle. If I was building again, it would be a Manners MCS-T5A.
    If total weight is a concern, look at the carbon fiber bi-pods like Cen-Shot. Would need to have a rail mounted in your stock.

Started off with a H&S Pro stock, moved on to a B&C Adjustable A5 stock, but rifle got heavy. Now am using a B&C Medalist A2 stock with a Mcgee adjustable cheek piece installed, altogether weighs in at ~17lbs.

SY

Been using a Manners GAT or T4A. Both work great. Its all about what you feel comfortable behind.

My first F-tr is on a McMillan A2, now I use the PR&T Lowboy.

Rifel.jpg