• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Facebook's Fastest Rising Star

Re: Facebook's Fastest Rising Star

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoltOveride</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ill probably get roasted for this, but do you realise that you guys are all screaming about the disrespect to veterans, but your problem is the way she is using her first amendment rights, a right provided by those same deceased veterans?

Dont get me wrong, I think her behavior is atrocious, but since when is it ok to completely ruin someones life for doing something that is guaranteed by our constitution?

By that logic it should be ok for libs to find out that I have a big gun collection, and lobby my employer to fire me because these libs think Im a nut. You can argue its different all you want, but it isnt. Its opinion, plain and simple. </div></div>

The protections of the constitution are extremely limited in the conduct of private individuals and companies. If I want to say she is a douche-bag bitch who should be tarred and feathered... that is my right. It is also my right to say she should be fired for her actions on a work-funded trip... just as it is the right of the employer to do so... She has no first amendment protections in her employment; any idiot should understand this. And if her employer was like most... she signed an "at will" letter of understanding outlining the fact that she can be fired at any time for any reason... Causing a national uproar over inappropriate actions while on a company trip... yup, that's plenty of cause to terminate employment.

As far as the gun rights comparison... It is the right of any individuals to contact your employer (or anyone else) and complain about whatever they want... So long as they are not conducting slander or libel. At some point, some sort of harassment/stalking charges could likely be brought against them... but as an individual, making one call to your employer is within my rights so long as I am truthful in what I say and honestly believe what I say.

Re: Facebook's Fastest Rising Star

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mission_fail</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just hope her quest for a new job is a long and adventurous one. </div></div>

I'm sure it will be- can't imagine many companies DO NOT do a google search for prospective employees...