• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Factory 6.5 CM rifles.

Nuke Man

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2012
North West, Illinois
Looking to try a 6.5 cm bolt gun. Not really ready for a full out custom rifle yet. Looks like I'm looking at either a Ruger M77 Hawkeye or Weatherby Vanguard. I wish I could get the Ruger without the fancy laminate stock though. What's everyone's opinions on these or anything I left out. I purposely left out the Ruger American Predator rifle. Wasn't impressed with it at all.
Was really hoping Tikka or Kimber had some available.

Savage model 10/110 predator every savage I have bought shoots as good or close to my custom builds.

Savage has a rebate right now to on several models. The 11 Trophy Predator Hunter, Mossy Oak Brush Camo in 6.5 creedmoor is on sale and has a $75 rebate.

I have a Vanguard in 6.5 and the factory 120 and 140 Hornady Match i wold take hunting tomorrow. They have held MOA or just slightly above out to 400 yards. I'm in the process of working on reloads. The trigger is my only concern. It's a two stage. It has taken several range trips to get adjusted to feel, etc. But overall a great rifle.

I have a savage predator 6.5 cm. No doubt that they are shooters. I can't imagine getting a factory gun that could shoot much better.

I have two Savage Predator's one is a 243 Win the other a 6.5 Creedmoore. They are very accurate, I am happy with them.

I have the Savage 16 weather warrior... Accustock, accutrigger. It is light and shoots really well with the 140 match ammo.
I just got a bunch of the Berger 140 Hunting VLD's, so I need to work up a load for those.

Savage model 10 predator or if not afraid of going heavy, model 12 lrp. Have both of them and they are both absolute hammers. Have done nothing to either of them but adjusted trigger and developed a load (both shot 1/2 minute with hornada factory 140 gr amax ammo as well....basically duplicated that load for both rifles). I have a bunch of savages and a few customs....savages shoot just as well for a fraction of the cost.

Sportsmans outdoor superstore has Kimbers in stock and savages on sale

I'm currently waiting on my tax refund to buy a browning hell's canyon speed in 6.5 Creed. Haven't got to shoot one yet but the trigger and action feel great and it's super light.

What about the tikka ctr with 20 or 24 inch barrel. I'm not a huge fan of the stock but as an overall opinion I think its great value for money spent. I

I have the Savage 16 weather warrior... Accustock, accutrigger. It is light and shoots really well with the 140 match ammo.
I just got a bunch of the Berger 140 Hunting VLD's, so I need to work up a load for those.

I have the same model, I am loading the 140 VLD hunters at 42.7 gn of 4350, 2.87 OAL in my chamber.. it is amazing with those loads.

I can attest to the accuracy of the Savage 10 Predator. We've had it a couple of years now and it shoots in the .2s & .3s with handloads, when I do my part. Tikka also builds a great rifle. I've got a CTR in .260 w/ a 20" and it shoots in the .3s & .4s. I prefer the stock on the Predator, though. One of these days I'm going to upgrade that stock.

Either rifle is a terrific choice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tikka has the ctr offered in 6.5cm now. Available in 20 or 24" barrel length I believe. Look into those. I have the .308 ctr and am very pleased with the performance out of the box.

Whittaker Guns has/will have the T3X CTR in 6.5 Creedmoor with 24" barrel.
Remington will be putting out a factory 6.5 Creed 8 twist this year, and rumors are they'll have a 6 Creed as well.
Factory options will be great this year as manufacturers need to increase their offerings to sell rifles in this Trump era...