• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Factory 6.5 creedmoor

cgbills

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2013
Florida
I have really been lusting after a 6.5 creedmoor or 260 Remington, but do not want to go down the custom route due to cost. About the only two factory heavy barreled rifles I can find in the caliber are the Savage 12 and Ruger M77 MarkII. I have had Savage before, but it just didn't do it for me. Does anyone know know anything about the M77, such as accuracy and availability of after market stocks/chassis, availability of bottom medal, etc. I could pick up a rifle for around 800, drop it in a chassis and have a good tactical rifle for about 1600.

I know you said you are not fond of savage but check out the LRP in 6.5 cm or 260. Great out of the box or drop in a chassis. Great shooters.

I have had two of the Ruger MKII's, a 30-06 and a 270, the 30-06 would not shoot less than 2" and the 270 about 1 1/8" @ 100 yards . My Savages shoot just under 1" @ 100 with factory ammo. I say go with the Savage.

Anyone for see other companies jumping on the creedmoor bandwagon? What gun company would most likely be next to start producing a factory 6.5 creed in the future? Did savage and ruger unveil these new chambers at shotshow when they were first released?

I have the Savage Predator Hunter Max 1 in 6.5 Creedmoor, and it is definitely a shooter.

Anyone for see other companies jumping on the creedmoor bandwagon? What gun company would most likely be next to start producing a factory 6.5 creed in the future? Did savage and ruger unveil these new chambers at shotshow when they were first released?
Not anytime soon I think. Shit hornady can't even produce enough factory ammo to feed what they already started.

DPMS makes a 6.5. Since you posted in in the bolt action forum it's probably not what you're looking for, but they're by all accounts very accurate rifles.

After doing some research and getting my hopes up about a T3 super varmint in 260, it*appears that super varmints are no longet imported to the US. Can anyone confirm?

I was looking for a super varmint as well in the T3, but it looks like it's not being imported anymore. The Sporter has the same or better barrel. And if you don't like it, you can always sell that stock and get a GRS or Manners or similar.

I have 2 of these and they both shot 3/4''-1'' at 200 yards! and is sup out to 800yards (they are hunt guns so 800 is all i try to go) my chick even shoots it good out to 600 yards..