• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Factory Ammo for 300 win mag

rogers0311

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 27, 2007
Camp Lejeune and elsewhere
What do you guys recommend for factory ammunition for 300 win mag? Are there any ones you would recommend for shooting within 500 yards? Anything relatively cheap?

Re: Factory Ammo for 300 win mag

best ammo i have shot in my win mag is the Hornandy TAP AMMO,
which is basically the facorty tactical offering from hornandy.
178 gr tips which offer decent stability in wind
bit hard to find here in OZ though

there are other offerings which i am finding ok, winchester supreme's seem to be ok, though im not sure i like the brass as it is silver and dont know how it will go in the reloading process, which i plan to do in the future.
any one can shed light on this?

Eagle_eye
I've full length resized Ni plated 300WM without any problems, just make sure the cases are well lubed. Not sure I like doing it all that much however as its definately tougher than normal brass through the die.

interesting...

call me old fashioned but im still in favour of the brass cases rather then nickel/zinc plated versions.

still.. for factory ammo, it shoots well, went through a few boxes on the weekend and was happy out to 600 yards with constant accuracy.