• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Factory AR's In 6.5 CM

jladd

Private
Minuteman
May 8, 2017
Illinois
Looking for factory manufacturers who produce AR's in 6.5CM, would like to get into a decent one for $1300 or less.

Thanks!

Armalite does, no experience first hand but I have one in 308 & debating a 6.5 upper

Reactions: GhostFace
For a new factory rifle, under $1300 will put you squarely in the budget category. Find a manufacturer with the best, or at least tolerable, warranty and customer service. Probably start with Palmetto State Armory. If you find anything that you like, no matter where, post the specific info to get any input that anyone might have.

With that budget, I think you'll be better off building on an Aero Precision M5 builders set. Get the best barrel you can afford, and shop sales for the other components. That's what I did, and I'm really happy with my Aero M5 with a Craddock Criterion barrel at the heart.

Daniel Defense. But nothing in that $ range. My bud has the 18". So far so good. It's been 100% after a 150rnd break in.

Reactions: simonp
You will not get a quality large frame AR for that budget. If you looking for a precision rifle save you money and buy a Seekins at the minimum. If you’re looking for a DMR/battle rifle you’re still going to spend 2k minimum on getting something reliable and decent accuracy. And big And if you build one, don’t and if you have to prepare to mess with it and have to tune and tweek it.

Reactions: simonp and rpoL98
I second the vote on the SP10. They are hammers out of the box. A lot of the cost increase is going to come with the quality of the barrel. If you are looking to get anywhere below sub-MOA, the SP10 is a good place to start.

Reactions: simonp
Did you ever purchase the AR in 6.5CM? I purchased PSA's Gen 3 PA65 which is a 20" Rifle-Length 6.5 Creedmoor with Stainless Steel barrel for just over $1K in May 2023. It's been very reliable - the only significant adjustment I had to do was to dial back the Gas Block quite a bit since it was ejecting shells at 1 pm and I dialed her back to 4 pm which significantly reduced recoil (and improved bullet velocity). I've had it to the range about a dozen times now and typically shoot 100 yard & 200 yard targets; I'm shooting about 1 MOA Groups right now using S&B 140 Gr FMJ and happy with that but hope to improve with time. For the price range, I couldn't be happier with this AR-10, it's easy to breakdown and clean, very reliable, and pretty decent accuracy.

Reactions: bfoosh006