• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Factory Match 175 SMK's

tuckner

Private
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2007
Minnesota
I've been shooting 168 FGMM and have a good stockpile of them. This is before I really knew that 175's are much better past 800 out to 1000 yards. I didn't have a problem with that until the FDAC came out that is calibrated for 175 grains. I'm drooling to switch over to 175 SMK now and will be replacing my ammo as I shoot it, what is a good match brand to pick up without doing my own reloading?

175 FGMM are going for about $38 a box most places, which is far too much. Black Hills 175 match I've been seeing for $30 a box. Any other recommendations for match 175's that are a lesser cost?

Re: Factory Match 175 SMK's

Awesome price on that group buy stuff. I'm picking some up. Thanks!

Re: Factory Match 175 SMK's

HSM 175g SMK Match ammo is great for the money. I shoot a LOT of there 77g Match 223 ammo and swear by it. I hand load all my Bolt 308 ammo but I chew up quite a bit of the HSM 175g SMKs through my M1A and SASS. I have run a box or two through my 20 inch M77 Hawkeye and it shot under a MOA repeatedly.