• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fair priced spotting scope

Micdalen

Private
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2012
Middle TN
I am looking for a lower priced spotting scope for grandson and granddaughter. Presently both are shooting at the same time. I making it hard for them , having to share mine. I would like to keep them under 250 a piece. I look at lower priced ones, but then I get to thinking why waste money, and starting leaning to mid and upper range.

We keep adding grandkids to the shooting mix, and I am going to have to take out a second mortgage on the house.

For the money it's hard to beat Celestron. Try one of the hide vendors to see if they have this one.

L

edt: They also have a lifetime 'no fault' warranty. I've used it and it's as good as they advertise. Better in my case as they sent me a new eyepiece free of charge and didn't want the old one back and it was my fault.

Last edited:
I ended up picking up two Vortex Diamondback 20-60x60. After I used the discount I had been saving ended up a little over $310 a piece with the shipping. I considered the Celestron and almost bought one, till I decided to use my discount I had been saving on these two.

For the price , I was really impressed with the quality and clarity of the optics. Not on par with my Leupold, but not far below it either.

Thanks for the input on the thread and all the private messages also. As always more than helpful.

Kudos to you Micdalen, for getting your grandkids into shooting. That's the future of our 2nd Amendment rights; if there were more grandparents like you around, we'd be in a whole lot better shape where gun rights and the future of the shooting sports are concerned.