• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Fake ACOG's on the hide???

Metalhead0483

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2008
Brunswick, GA
WTF is going on here??? In the commercial section no less!
mad.gif
"Acog Replica Scopes"

These piss me off just as much as those fake Mark 4's. A shitty ChiCom copy of a quality american made product...

Re: Fake ACOG's on the hide???

I agree... if they're marked ACOG, Trijicon, TA_ _, "NSN_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _", or otherwise. If they are a look alike (like the Bushnell Trophy T-Dot for example). However, I as long as they're not marked to "fool" the public into thinking that they are somethg that they are not then I'm okay with that. In the blown up pics, I cannot see any markings that say "Trijicon", "ACOG" "TA_ _", "NSN_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _", or otherwise to try and fool the public.

I understand these optics place in the industry. They are for Airsoft and .22LR conversions where people don't want to put a $1,300+ optic on a $200 gun or $600 .22LR upper. I get that... I sure as heck wouldn't even if I could afford to.

The ad says "Replica" doesn't it?

I don't think it's an attempt to fool anybody.

I have nothing to do with airsoft, I'm not into it at all. But unless there's a there's a prohibition against listing this stuff on the forum I don't think there's anything wrong with trying to peddle it here.

The replicas may still be violating a design patent or other intellectual property of Trijicon.

The other thing is, why support knock offs. Keep putting money in the hands of people that make them, the more they make them. I REFUSE to do business with the outfits that support them, hopefully that hi tactical is not a hide vendor.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PadronAniversary</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The other thing is, why support knock offs. Keep putting money in the hands of people that make them, the more they make them. I REFUSE to do business with the outfits that support them, hopefully that hi tactical is not a hide vendor. </div></div>

Agreed! +1000000000

You don't have to mark it ACOG to be copyright infringement. If it uses the likeness of the real thing to sell, then it's bad ju-ju. Kind of like KIA making an import that is the same dimensions and shape as a Corvette. They don't have to print Corvette on it to violate the law.

From Trijicon:

"The company also believes that the distinctive design and appearance of the ACOG® should be protected from duplication under current U.S. trademark laws. Therefore, Trijicon maintains that the Chinese-made clone constituted both Patent Infringement and Product Configuration Infringement, and promised to pursue legal action if New Century Science & Technology, Inc. continues to offer the ACOG® knock-offs for sale.

I believe that NcSTAR also makes a Docter MRD knock-off that is available for under $100. Also a no-no, IMO. Even if you use them on an airsoft shooter, you are supporting these clowns!

Jack just curious how is what NCSTAR does is any different then all the companies other then colt making ar-15s.Dont misunderstand me I would never in my life by one of those piece of crap knock off imports.But years back companies like black hawk just flat out copied Eagle stuff and it was ok.
I'm just wanting to know if it is a moral issue because it's china doing it or that it's being done period?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You don't have to mark it ACOG to be copyright infringement. If it uses the likeness of the real thing to sell, then it's bad ju-ju. Kind of like KIA making an import that is the same dimensions and shape as a Corvette. They don't have to print Corvette on it to violate the law. </div></div>

Sure looks that way to me:

http://www.hitechtactical.com/product.php?productid=16300&cat=0&page=&featured=Y

ripoff.jpg

ripoff2.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmg308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jack just curious how is what NCSTAR does is any different then all the companies other then colt making ar-15s.Dont misunderstand me I would never in my life by one of those piece of crap knock off imports.But years back companies like black hawk just flat out copied Eagle stuff and it was ok.
I'm just wanting to know if it is a moral issue because it's china doing it or that it's being done period? </div></div>

I still won't buy Blackhawk gear because of their copying habits. Doesn't hurt that it's just plain inferior to Eagle gear either.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmg308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jack just curious how is what NCSTAR does is any different then all the companies other then colt making ar-15s.Dont misunderstand me I would never in my life by one of those piece of crap knock off imports.But years back companies like black hawk just flat out copied Eagle stuff and it was ok.
I'm just wanting to know if it is a moral issue because it's china doing it or that it's being done period? </div></div>

I still won't buy Blackhawk gear because of their copying habits. Doesn't hurt that it's just plain inferior to Eagle gear either.
</div></div>

Understood but are all your ar15 components made by Colt? Again I'm not bashing or judging at all just trying to see were the lines are.Unlike the Ar's or the blackhawk stuff I find it very unlikely that Trijicons dollars are in the least bit threatend by NCSTAR there shit is basically toy's and no one looking at ACOGs would even glance at them.

I/ve had people put knock-offs on WCT, I get emails for any posts in certain forums and as soon as I see one I nuke it and ban the user.

I'm a hard ass about no chinese replicas.

Now, were the chinese to build their OWN with their own technology (They've never done this on anything they own to date) then I'd have a change of heart.

Their torpedo is a derivitive of the MK46 and a german torp, their boats are soviet, their rockets are ours (Tyhank you Clinton!!) and their P3 Spyplanes are ours too LOL

Their aircraft are soviet reproductions..

Damn people can't be creative on their own...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I still won't buy Blackhawk gear because of their copying habits. Doesn't hurt that it's just plain inferior to Eagle gear either.
</div></div>

Agreed, know an individual who's livelihood is directly threatened by them right now. If they pursue a specific product line, I will definitely never buy any of their products...

I can understand making ad eal with the mfg and pying a price for it but to just COPY despite no patent, it's the American way but it's also dishonorable, IMHO.

Some of our guys can't afford patents...

Tons of 1911 and AR15 clone's out there! I don't see these people taking away business from Trijicon! I hope one of you will call Les Baer and tell him to stop making clones; and let me know how that goes for you?
grin.gif

Newsflash for you guys........

The Patent Rights on the Colt 1911 and AR-15 EXPIRED. This means anyone can make them without license. Not so on ACOG's. Now in twenty years or so (i don't remember offhand) the Patent Rights on the ACOG will expire and the design can be knocked off without legal recourse.

There is a reason for this. If a company busts it ass to produce something new and innovative it's reasonable to allow them a monopoly on it until they can recover the investment required to bring the idea to market. Otherwise as soon as one individual brings out a product another big name can reproduce it for less and sink you. This would destroy any new inventors or small companies.

This is not the same for "names and trademarks" which can be held indefinitely IIRC.

If you are a cheap bastard with no morals you can attempt justify it until the cows come home. Me? If I can't afford the real deal then I save for it. If it's not important enough for me to save for it, then I buy something else that will work. BUT I DON'T BUY KNOCKOFFS.

The only exception to this is that I MAY purchase a knockoff Aimpoint or ACOG in the future to test to destruction for the purpose of a Web Writeup.

Lone Wolf I'll accept that as I stated I would never buy any of this shit and personally despise it's existence.But companies like Blackhawk built themselves direct copying Eagle for many years.So there does seem to be a level of "wink wink it's ok" double standard at times.

I don't see anyone in the market for an authentic Acog buying one of the fakes! Btw morally not legally there are alot of knockoff 1911's and AR15's out there!

AL,
<span style="font-weight: bold">"Damn people can't be creative on their own..."</span>

Yes they can, this is done STRICTLY to save the MAJOR cost of R & D.
And, getting up to SPEED w/ latest Technology..........asap.

Boils down to ECONOMICS.

This gents is what happens to our battlefield losses, reverse enginering.
China has had a MAJOR defense advance in the realm of body armor and weapon systems since '03.

I remember this specific scope and trijicon's cease and desist on thier sale in the US. While they still can be imported they cannot be stocked here. What you see on that thread is admitidly BY TRIJICON an EXACT copy of the ACOG with all the same atributes sans the tritium (I'm sure the little bastards would put it in there but then it is impossible to import). Trijicon admited this but based on thier C&D did not want a less expensive item to lower the demand of thiers to the civilian market.

If you have no need for tritium and want to support communisim go ahead and buy it!

Who knows maybe one day an "airsofter" may like it enough to buy the real deal. These two scopes are not in the same league! If you don't want to support communism start w/ your computer first!
grin.gif

<span style="font-style: italic"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will not peddle cheese dick CHICOM knock offs here on the hide</div></div></span> Thats all folks
laugh.gif

I don't see how there is even a venue for sales of the knock offs here. I figure if you hang out here you are looking for the upper crust in shooting. Not airsoft crap. But I guess enough are buying them to support the need for the advertising.

Has anyone looked at that guy's "tactical gear" sight? It is NOTHING but knockoffs. Unfrigginreal.

I have never seen anything like it, his website is just filled with shit, I fucking hate that shit. I may not always be able to afford american made products but that just means I wait a while. Dont go buy some turd just to look cool.I guess if you want to shoot little rubber balls at each other go for and your gear should be priced accordingly.

It just doesnt make sence to try and peddle that shit where people pay a premium to have some of the highest quality gear out there. Not to mention when my Nightforce went down, Ken a member here was all over it without me even asking for help. See if the owner of the sweat shop is going to hop on this forum to take care of any warranty problems when you fake ass ACOG takes a shit.

I understand owning a company and trying to make money, but dont do it by selling inferior products. I just couldnt look myself in the mirror if I knew that every product I sold was some cheap copy of someones great idea.

RANT OFF.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MUGEN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ArcticLight: Please spend sometime to study history. You will be surprise what Chinese people have invented in the past, including gun powder that the modern firearm rely on thousands years ago. </div></div>

Is the FNG serious with this garbage?

Mug, people here are all well aware who invented gun powder.

What people take exception to, is the Chinese (NC Star is NOTORIOUS for this) who reverse engineer items and skip the R&D process - and the money associated with it, then try to sell these cheap pieces of garbage (just like this seller did) as "comparable" items.

Now, a good idea would be to shut your <span style="text-decoration: line-through">man</span>Turkpleaser and stop talking down to guys on here before you know who they are or what they know.

they also invented Freeze Tag

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmg308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jack just curious how is what NCSTAR does is any different then all the companies other then colt making ar-15s.Dont misunderstand me I would never in my life by one of those piece of crap knock off imports.But years back companies like black hawk just flat out copied Eagle stuff and it was ok.

Very simple. They are using the intellectual property of others without paying for it. Do you think that Trijicon and Docter sanction these inexpensive knockoffs that take away from their business <span style="font-style: italic">illegally</span>? The difference with making Colt-like ARs is that there is a time limit to the exclusive use of some intellectual properties. Moreover, Colt is able to protect its rights in US courts, which is not the case with most Chinese-made tech knockoffs. I don't know anything about Blackhawk and Eagle. Yeah, it's a moral issue - I don't condone stealing, whether it's a pig or a patent.

I do sense a little condescending attitude from MUGEN; perhaps an oversight in his part, and the "manpleaser" is original, but I don't see these fakes "comparable" by a stretch! Stevie Wonder can see the difference!

China is the cancer of the world.

China's ingenuity and inventiveness ended sometime around 1600 AD.

Here is an accurate description of the Chinese economic machine.

Dictionary: par·a·site

1.)Biology. An organism that grows, feeds, and is sheltered on or in a different organism while contributing nothing to the survival of its host.

a) One who habitually takes advantage of the generosity of others without making any useful return.
b) One who lives off and flatters the rich; a sycophant.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the "manpleaser" is original</div></div>

I gave up cursing for Lent. If youve got something original, lay it on us, Chief.
laugh.gif

In the meantime, I edited it...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MUGEN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Not everyone in the world are lucky enough to have easy assess and ownership of real firearms.
</div></div>

If you happen to be travelling to Utah in the future, contact me and I will take you shooting. This is a serious invitation. Regards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaggyback</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the "manpleaser" is original</div></div>

I gave up cursing for Lent. If youve got something original, lay it on us, Chief.
laugh.gif

In the meantime, I edited it...

</div></div>
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 500grains</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MUGEN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Not everyone in the world are lucky enough to have easy assess and ownership of real firearms.
</div></div>

If you happen to be travelling to Utah in the future, contact me and I will take you shooting. This is a serious invitation. Regards. </div></div>

If you can't do it i'll be happy to oblige, i'm gonna dress him in rags and sandals so he can be a human knock-off jihadi target. It's getting expensive to import genuine human jihadi targets these days...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EvilPistolGrip</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 500grains</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MUGEN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Not everyone in the world are lucky enough to have easy assess and ownership of real firearms.
</div></div>

If you happen to be travelling to Utah in the future, contact me and I will take you shooting. This is a serious invitation. Regards. </div></div>

If you can't do it i'll be happy to oblige, i'm gonna dress him in rags and sandals so he can be a human knock-off jihadi target. It's getting expensive to import genuine human jihadi targets these days... </div></div>

I had actually planned on having him do the shooting. We have berms that catch the bullets just fine.

Reminds me of a great line from "Leave it to Beaver." The Beav wanted to order a typewriter from the back of a comic book but Wally was pretty skeptical.

So Beaver points to the ad and says "but look Wally, genuine imitation plastic keys!"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 500grains</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EvilPistolGrip</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 500grains</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MUGEN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Not everyone in the world are lucky enough to have easy assess and ownership of real firearms.
</div></div>

If you can't do it i'll be happy to oblige, i'm gonna dress him in rags and sandals so he can be a human knock-off jihadi target. It's getting expensive to import genuine human jihadi targets these days... </div></div>

I had actually planned on having him do the shooting. We have berms that catch the bullets just fine. </div></div>

I know, I know, you were willing to make an effort to help him see the light, and for that you're a better man than I. I'm not that patient with people like that. Thus my offer to "substitute" for you if you couldn't make it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cartman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Reminds me of a great line from "Leave it to Beaver." The Beav wanted to order a typewriter from the back of a comic book but Wally was pretty skeptical.

So Beaver points to the ad and says "but look Wally, genuine imitation plastic keys!" </div></div>

LOL, yeah like that, or remember those magazine ads for "Genuine Faux Pearls"?

First ACOG knock-off I saw was at a gun show on a table of a guy I always thought carried high end black gun stuff. When I questioned him about it, he said it's really good glass for the price, around 350.00 if I remember right. I looked through it, no glow ju-ju, and thought, how many are being sold to guys that "know the look" but not the guts and think they are getting a "steal". So ACOG is right in their claim to appearance and the Chinese continue to be deceptive. BUT The Chinese could not do this WITHOUT American businessmen willing to whore around with them.

And for the record, "Accu-Shot" trademark is owned by B&T Ind. L.L.C., and is in no way associated with the Chinese scope "Accushot".

Thankyou very much for all your frank replys.

Just don't understand that why this fake ACOG is getting so much noise.

You guys may missed my point here. I only wanted to point out that this fake ACOG is not a real scope that you and I would put on your gear to use since it is just for "TOY GUN". They are not for real gun market but for airsoft. And if you expect to spent $130 and to have a comparable ACOG scope is not possible at this moment.

500grains: Sincerely thank you for your invitation.
I am lucky enough to own and shoot some of my stuffs.

LOL!!! for all those comments and some individuals seem really naive here.

It's amazing how popular airsoft accessories are at the gunshows here. NCStar and other crap meant to ape the patented or copyrighted merchandise and yet every other table has it out for sale. Yet I seldom see actual airsoft toys and BBs on these tables.

I guess it's kind of like the lock picks, crappy tools and other shit selling for 30% less than the real stuff. Scumbags selling anything if indifferent and ignorant consumers will buy it.

BTW the original link is unavailable. Guess the message was received.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
BTW the original link is unavailable. Guess the message was received. </div></div>

That was the object of the exercise. Mission accomplished
wink.gif

I actually emailed Leupold and Trijicon about it, and got really nice emails back from both of them.