• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

SOLD Fake Bartlein Barrels Warning from Bartlein Barrels

Frank Green

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 27, 2006
wisconsin
www.bartleinbarrels.com
I'm posting this here as probably the best place to post this.

This isn't the first time something like this has happened but now twice from the same overseas customer in one month. He purchased what was suppose to be Bartlein Barrels. They are not.

For example....the 224cal barrel pictured. The s/n actually was made as a 6mm and sold to GA Precision back in Sept. of 2017. The lot code of the steel wasn't received till the very end of the year in 2018. Also the stampings and manufacturing isn't the same as ours. I won't get into what is missing in how the barrels are made. Also it's stamped as a 6R. We've never made a single barrel with 6R type rifling to my knowledge and I know for fact never in a 224cal!

The 30cal barrels pictured. Two of the barrels are stamped with the same s/n. Not saying it can't happen but not in this case. Also some of the s/n would put us in the 1.4m range for manufacturing of barrels. We're not that high yet! Also one of the s/n's listed is for a 30cal barrel made for Southern Precision Rifles but was a 1-10 twist. Not a 1-11.25 twist. Also we made a very few and I mean a few 4R rifled barrels in 30cal. They went for testing up to Canada for the Canadian FTR team for the most part. They didn't shoot any better than the 5R or 4 groove we made them so none where made for them after that. That was like 4 years ago now.

It isn't the first time something like this has happened. We've gotten barrels in from customers claiming they where ours but where not. Even ones that where put on guns.

Currently this is an overseas problem but like I said this has happened here as well. So again I tell guys....you buy a barrel from us or from the gunsmith and you never see the barrel. Ask and record the s/n that is stamped on it or keep the cut off ring of the breech end like some guys do. This helps us to answer problems or questions a customer might have regarding a barrel.

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

PS....Happy New Year to everyone on the Hide!!!!

Attachments

• Bartlein fake barrel2.jpg
    Bartlein fake barrel2.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 569
  • Bartlein fake barrel3.jpg
    Bartlein fake barrel3.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 444
Any chance they cut off the ends and rebranded them?

Maybe find a company that can run arc spark spectroscopy to see if you can Id the material they used for compositional differences.

Any chance they cut off the ends and rebranded them?

Maybe find a company that can run arc spark spectroscopy to see if you can Id the material they used for compositional differences.

I'll say that's what is happening. They are facing the end of the barrel blank/or cutting a sliver off and restamping the blanks and them selling to other people/customers.

Trying to import a blank to run a metallurgical test would be nice but not economical at this point in time or should I say it hasn't gotten to the point to try and do that.

30cal is a good example. I had one customer call and complain that he had 6 not one or two but 6 of our 30cal barrels that wouldn't shoot. One maybe. Two...the odds are against it but 6! I said send them in so I can look at them. All came in and all 6 barrels where button rifled and 6 groove. We 99.99% of the time make no 6 groove 30cal barrels. The only ones we make is when it has to be Saami spec. ammunition test barrels. the rare occasion for a 30BR shooter which we've only done like 12 of them in 20+ years. So not even one a year and the twist rates are around 1-17. This guy has 6!

He didn't have s/n's and was told they where Bartlein's when he bought the blanks etc....but nothing was stamped on the ends that even came close to our stamping. The blanks where just stamped 30-10.

Later, Frank

Thank goodness they’re getting the word out. It’s a damn shame that thieves aren’t hung like horse thieves were or have their hands chopped off like in some Arab countries. This shit would stop if they did.
I don’t have to ask about the quality of the counterfeit barrels because if they were any good Bartlein wouldn’t know they were out there.
Should Bartlein implement security measures to deter this? That would increase cost to the honest customers. I’d rather they require their barrels be purchased from Bartlein or take your chances. Retain your the cut off piece with the numbers or forget about any warranty. Maybe a combination of several things but all of them on the customers not Bartlein. Of course that’s just my humble opinion.
Bartlein is definitely on top of the problem and the best defense against this is letting everyone know like they’re doing.
Thank you Frank for letting all of us know and for everything y’all do at Bartlein barrels.
Happy Holidays To You and the entire Bartlein team.

Frank,

Am I the special .01% if I have a 6 groove Bart m40 spec 30cal 12 twist barrel?

In all seriousness.......great heads up on fake barrels.

It's mind blowing that fake marking a barrel blank is worth the time and effort. Even a shitter contoured blank from brand X is like $150......then you have to turn the end and start stamping (even terribly takes time)......not to mention the sale interface and dealing with payment/shipping.

Seems like you can make more money jerking dudes off at a dickless support group.

Ern

Reactions: Frank Green
Appreciate the comments Frank, the fuckery going on over your barrels is eye opening, amazing how many scammers we've got to deal with these days.

Maybe its the Pakistani gun makers breaking into the barrel business with hand made barrels .😯

Frank,

Am I the special .01% if I have a 6 groove Bart m40 spec 30cal 12 twist barrel?

In all seriousness.......great heads up on fake barrels.

It's mind blowing that fake marking a barrel blank is worth the time and effort. Even a shitter contoured blank from brand X is like $150......then you have to turn the end and start stamping (even terribly takes time)......not to mention the sale interface and dealing with payment/shipping.

Seems like you can make more money jerking dudes off at a dickless support group.

Ern

Nope....I did forget we have made some 6 groove 30cal barrels for individuals and GAP wanting to make an exact replica of the M40 type guns etc...so yes we have made them but they are not a standard item we do. That marking on the 6R was totally BS in those pic's though! Had to actually laugh about that.

Reactions: AccuSol-ERN