• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Fake Mark 4, 8.5-25 x 56

marzo2

Minuteman
Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Qc, Canada
Hi,

Is there a way to know if the scope is a fake from the look of a box ?
Here is what someone is trying to sell me

Thanks for your help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 33
107347y is the serial number and should match on the scope, call Leupold to verify
Leupold employs serial number tracking for all its riflescopes, so if a customer finds a scope that is suspect, he or she can simply write down the serial number and call 1-800-LEUPOLD to confirm if it is indeed authentic.

Hi,

Is there a way to know if the scope is a fake from the look of a box ?
Here is what someone is trying to sell me

Thanks for your help
Hi.
My authentic packaging from Leupold M4 ER/T 6.5-20x
P8070010.jpg

It's what's in the box that needs to be verified. You'll have to see the scope itself to look for fake characteristics. If you can't get the seller to open the box, see if they can produce a receipt tying the scope purchase to a reputable dealer.

my fakes didnt come in that nice of a box i still have 3 of them i use on kids 22 lr if u need a ref all serial numbers on fakes are they same

Your Thread Title really threw me . I never saw or owned a ' 56mm ' . only ( 8-25x 50mm Obj.) in the ( 8-25 Mk4 ) model's you are talking about & ( don't think ) Leupold ever produced a 56mm obj. in that model .
But Pic. of the box says it all & it looks real/factory even before you called Leu. for reassurance .
At 1st glance at your Thread Title & the misprint of 56mm . I was screaming FAKE to myself .