• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Fake Mark 4's

TapoutSniper

Private
Minuteman
Oct 22, 2009
North Carolina
I dont know if this has been previously discussed, as I was unaware of this until today. Apparently the market is being flooded with fake Leupold Mark 4's... I found one on a local classifieds page today. The guy sent me pics of what appeared to be a 4-12X40 Mark 4. Upon looking it up via Leupolds webpage I discoverd that Mark 4's come 3.5-10 and 4.50-14 power... I then seen the warning issued about the fake scopes. Just wanted to give anyone who was unaware a heads up.

Re: Fake Mark 4's

Old news. Leupold has pics of telltale signs to look out for on the scopes

I think Leupold is scared because the cheap chinese copies are better than the real thing
grin.gif

The chinese are faking everything that is either high/over priced or that appears Americans are willing to pay too much for. My nephew stationed at Quantico just got back from Georgia{ex-soviet country not the state} and picked up several Micro-Tech knives...box, instructions, even a warranty card...everything there but the quality and address to send the warranty. When you look thru the fake scopes you see a yellow tint because the lens coatings are no good. Some of the junk aint too bad though, Aimpoints and Rolexes with real Swiss movements, etc.

I saw a fake Aimpoint 3x a few months back. It was good enough that we had to compare it to a "real" one to be sure it was a fake.

Some, and as say "some" of the copies are quite good. I have one of those clone 3x magnifiers and it does work very well. I dropped it while taking it off and not even a scratch.

I've had one of the fake ACOGs and have one of the fake Mark4s. They are both junk. The ACOG had a mirror alignment problem, you could see part of the inside of the scope. The glass was kinda of dirty. I bought it just have something on my flattop at the time.

The Mark4 I have on my 10/22. The glass is okay, about as good as any other $100 glass. Not as clear as my real one. For plinking on a 22 it's good enough, I wouldn't put it on something with punch. Definitely wouldn't depend on it. The Mark4 I bought was supposed to be an M3 model, but it has 1/4 clicks, guess they didn't take the time to copy everything.

Unless you are sure about the person selling the scope, FTF only. To easy for someone to take a pic of the serial as has been posted elsewhere.