• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes **Falcon customer service**

nainud

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2008
Thailand
I had bough the Falcon Menace 5.5-18x56 since 2008 to use with Rem 700 xcr compact. After I fired around 500 ammo I found that there are some black dot or dirt inside the scope. I try to clean the glass with soft cloth but it's no gone. So I am sure that there is inside.
I mail the problem to Falcon in UK about the problem, Falcon (Mr. Nick Watt) reply me very soon " It's need to be replace". After I sent the scope back to factory and take for several month. They replace me the new one which better than my old own. It's was a Falcon 5.5-25x50 FFP . Yes, it's a very good one, clear glass with rigid body.
Here below is the new one in box and I have to thank for Falcon that take good care and respond.
Just for all Hide member information , and you can make sure to use the scope.
Thank you.
Regards
STA46125.jpg

STA46127.jpg

STA46128.jpg

STA46129.jpg

Re: **Falcon customer service**

The "after several months" does not seem too assuring to me, since it means your rifle need to stay in the safe for months (unless you buy with your own money another one).
The overall Falcon Optics business practice is shady IMO. There are better ChinaCom scopes around, which at least are backed by US operations directly, and are not one-man shops.

Hotice,

I'm not going to defend or attack Falcon's CS, But please consider the following:

First, I don't believe the OP is in the US, so we don't know how long his replacement scope might have been held up by his country of origin's customs.

Second, I seem to recall that both a Zeiss and S&B I had a few years ago taking "months" to repair on round trips to and from Germany. I guess they have "shady" business practices as well.

Third, although I have no idea where all the pieces/parts that comprise Falcon scopes are made, apparently you do, so please enlighten us as to which Chicom scopes are better than the FFP MIL/MIL Falcons? And tell us pray tell who is the that one man that runs Falcon, produces the scopes, boxes and ships them, and answers all the e-mails. He must be quite busy, but at least he replaced the OP's scope.....

Bob

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobinNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hotice,

I'm not going to defend or attack Falcon's CS,</div></div>

Sure you don't ...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobinNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Third, although I have no idea where all the pieces/parts that comprise Falcon scopes are made, apparently you do, so please enlighten us as to which Chicom scopes are better than the FFP MIL/MIL Falcons? And tell us pray tell who is the that one man that runs Falcon, produces the scopes, boxes and ships them, and answers all the e-mails. He must be quite busy, but at least he replaced the OP's scope.....</div></div>
Haha, <span style="font-weight: bold">Produce The Scopes</span>?!?
The <span style="font-weight: bold">Boxes</span>?!?!? Have you seen them?!?
Listen, I'm not looking into crashing your dreams, so I'll leave you with the idea that Falcon Optics has a big factory in the UK, with an R&D group, QA and a full team of customer service.

It was nice of them to send you a better scope as a replacement.

HotIce,

Apparently reading comprehension is not one of your strengths. I have no earthly idea where Falcon's are made, produced, tested, how big the factory is, or even if they have a factory somewhere, how many employees they have, nor what color the boathouse is. For all I know the scopes could be assembled by displaced Tibetan monks, or in the reddest part of Malaysia, Thailand, Taiwan, or Uzbekistan.

Apparently, however you do. So please enlighten us. I have no dreams to crash. Falcon makes a nice $400. scope, that has features that many $1000.+ scopes should have. They are not the most rugged and reliable scope on the planet, nor for the price should they be. Certainly, if $400. is the best somebody can afford, Falcon's are a "good buy", no matter where they are made. And also certainly, if one can buy better, then one should do so.

Apparently where something "might" be made, is more important to you than, how it is made, how it functions, or how much it costs. I certainly do not profess to be an expert on Falcon Optics, but you seem to be, so please educate us all with your erudition.

And yes I seen the boxes. And it looks exactly the same as the last box I got with a Super Sniper 3-9x42mm, which are made in Japan. I also got no documentation with my SS or warranty card, just like my last Falcon. In fact the Falcon box was better made than my $600. SS, but I did not buy either for the box.

If we are comparing boxes, my Bushnell 4200 has a better box than the last Zeiss and S&B I bought. But frankly I don't know were the boxes were made, perhaps you do?

So how does that all work out in your mind and Falcon's country of origin???? I've also seen your posts espousing the virtues of Simmons scopes for your 22 rimfire. I guess $40. ChiCom Optical crap is OK, but $400 ChiCom Optical (if that's where they are indeed made, I'm sure you'll tell us) crap is $360. too much to pay for crap. Good to know you have standards...

Tell us

Bob

You already made yourself a fool hinting that Nick Watts, the only man behind Falcon, actually <span style="text-decoration: underline">produces</span> the scopes. But that wasn't enough apparently.
I have nothing against ChinaCom scopes, which sadly nowadays invades the market.
I own myself a Falcon 10x MP20, and a few other ChinaCom ones, like the $40 Simmons, as your research shows.
If the Simmons breaks, I'll just throw it away, but I doubt it will, since it's riding a 22LR.
About your beloved Falcon, the optics of mine are borderline fine for the price category, while the turrets are pure CRAP.
No, I did not return the scope, since I already knew I was going to wait a long while, and that very likely I'd have got the same thing over again.
As for your analogy with the SWFA SS.
The glass of the SS (mind, mine is not the HD) is a tad better than the Falcon, the turrets are a lot better, and SWFA is a US operation which have had a story of proven quality customer service.
Have you ever wondered why there are so few US distributors, or why the first US distributor dropped the ball on them?
The answer to the latter, is that they had a way too high fault rates, and the time to get new ones was well over what a good customer service would mandate. On top of that, there were the shipping costs, which the US distributor had to swallow (or pass to the poor customer).
As for your request of ChinaCom scope compare, my Millett TRS-2 I bought time ago, costed less, has slightly better glass, and a lot better turrets than the Falcon. And, yet again, Millett is backed by Bushnell.

Hotice,

So basically you know nothing other than Nick Watts name. You own one Falcon, so that's, that. I don't think that Nick Watts produces the scopes, what I asked was who you THOUGHT produced the scopes. If you don't know, you don't know, just say so. I already said I don't know who makes them, or assembles them. I was hoping you did, but I guess not.

For your information, I don't have any "beloved" Falcon's. I have Falcon's as backups, to better glass in case they fail. Because a ChiCom POS that has FFP and MIL/MIL, is better than a ChiCom POS that doesn't. I glad you like your Millet, and I'm glad it "costed" you less. I like my Falcon fixed 7.5x50MM MIL/MIL and my 10x42mm that I spent a whole $250. for. Oh yea, cleaning the grease off the cams and replacing a .15 cent O ring makes the clicks less mushy on the Falcons, BTW.

Also you did not return the scope to Falcon because you "Think" it might take a long time. But you don't really know do you, your just guessing? I also seem to remember that in another post, you said you haven't used your Falcon for some time. In that case the length of time it takes to get it replaced or fixed is kind of irrelevant is it not?

In short, the Falcon's work for what I want them for, just like the Millet or Simmons works for you. I don't have problem with your use of them for any purpose. Why are you getting so worked up where Falcons are or aren't made. And if you don't like yours sell the friggen thing. Life's too short to worry about mushy turrets on a $300 scope for God's sakes.

Let's make a deal; I'll enjoy my ChiCom crap, and you enjoy yours.

Bob

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobinNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hotice,

So basically you know nothing other than Nick Watts name. You own one Falcon, so that's, that. I don't think that Nick Watts produces the scopes, what I asked was who you THOUGHT produced the scopes. If you don't know, you don't know, just say so. I already said I don't know who makes them, or assembles them. I was hoping you did, but I guess not.</div></div>
Oh, for what matters, my $40 Simmons could be made in Switzerland with German glass. I don't know, you don't know, so I guess I'll go to sleep tonight with that funny pipe dream.
Nick Watts is the only guy that people reported to have contact with, when pinging Falcon, and he's the guy to which the falconoptics.com domain is registered.
But as I said before, if you want to think of Falcon Optics as a UK factory, with R&D and QA groups, and full customer service staff, feel free to live the dream.

Why is it a bad thing to like the Falcon scopes?
I regard mine as a freaking wonder!
Why do some feel the need to attack them? And the attacks are never anything tangible like they don't track or the glass is no good. It always seems to be some political BS.

I use one on my training 'economy' rifle. This rifle (Savage 223AI) and scope both way overperform for the $$$ I have into them and rather than feeling under equipped when using them I sometimes wonder if the money I have in to my other rifles was worth it.
I could spend a lot more money and still not have any real advantage over this combo.
I have no complaints with either, regardless of how much they cost or where they are made.

BTW, the turrets are pretty crisp after a little tuning.

Someone want me to fill the profile, I would like to tell all that I live in Thailand. So far away from UK. Nick Watts has always reply my mail and replace the new better one for me. In my opinions, there are many scope brands made in Asia, specially China as you known. Some scope are good quality and some are not. I would like you all to look what in hand, suitable price go with quality or not. I don't want to post this to make you against each other. I just want to tell some good story that I got to you.