• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes falcon menace paralax problem

Re: falcon menace paralax problem

Elaborate a little on what you mean by "focus".

Regardless that doesn't sound right and you should send it in to get checked.

it can be focused crystal clear from 10-300 yards anything past 300 yards is blurry and out of focus. any thing past 500 yards is so blurry I can't even make out what it is.

Did you properly focus your reticle on the ocular housing first? If so, and your parralax/focus isn't working I would send it in.

ocular housing? all I know is when the parallax is maxed out to the little infinity symbol 300 yards is the furthest I can see clearly. If you could tell me how to adjust the ocular housing that would be awesome.

I'm not familiar with that exact model but it is usually pretty standard. There should be a ring that you can spin in and out just in front of the rear lens on the scope housing. While looking at the sky, turn this ring in and out until the reticle is crisp and sharp. This focuses the reticle and compensates for your vision. Then leave it alone from then on. Now use the parralax knob to focus at a long distance target. If it still fails to focus, send your scope in.

On my 4-14 falcon menace, it has notches cut into it. This ring on my scope is about 1/4 inch in front of the rear lens, but behind the magnification ring.

yep it's a lemon I will send it in as soon as I can. thanks for all the help guys. I was hoping for a quick fix but it looks to be an internal problem and I don't want to fool with that.