• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Falcon Menace

mrbooks10

Private
Minuteman
May 30, 2012
indiana
Hey gun nuts,
I would like to see you guys honest opinion on falcon menace optics. I was looking at one for a 17 hmr to replace my nikon prostaff. I like the 90 moa of elevation and additional 40 moa in the reticle. The only dislikes i heard were mushy knobs and the eye relief being touchy. Again i would love to hear your guys opinions.
-joey

Re: Falcon Menace

Get something that's made in the USA or at least one from a company that can fix it here in the USA. My friends Falcon came with a reticle that was twisted clockwise about 5 to 10 degrees. He had to go through all kinds of customs BS just to get it there and back.

Yep they work just fine, I've had three and use them regularly out to 1000 yards with no issues - good repeatability and return to zero. Sure they're built to a price (knobs are a little mushy but I've had no issues with eye relief or adjusting paralax) and are quite heavy but one would be just fine for your application and more besides.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MR JOSHUA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get something that's made in the USA or at least one from a company that can fix it here in the USA. My friends Falcon came with a reticle that was twisted clockwise about 5 to 10 degrees. He had to go through all kinds of customs BS just to get it there and back. </div></div>

i agree in the fixed in the usa, but there jsut isnt alot of options made int the us anymore

Please dont yell at me to use the search but, wotac vs falcon menace? I love the moa reticle and like both, but i dont have any hands on experience at all on either and need someone who has

One of my buddy has a Falcon on his Savage .308 for almost 4 years with zero problem. He's put about 1k rounds with this scope all the way out to 700 yards.
I think WOTAC and Falcon are made by the same manufacture and both scopes look identical.

I have owned 3 Falcons, still have 2 and sold off 1. All 3 worked for me without any warranty problems or broken parts.
However, when I first started with long range rifles I asked the same question because of start-up money.
Over the years I have owned 6 new from Matt Wonders [WoTac]
WoTac scopes a Gen.1, failed, a Gen.3 failed, the replacement Gen.3 still works, and now have 2 Gen.5, had 3, one of them failed, [50% failure rate].
Falcon and Wotac, 2 scopes for about the same money my story should tell you something about the difference.
I see WoTac scopes all the time in forums. Buyer beware.
You may get a good one, you most likely will have problems in the near future.
However, I will likely own another Falcon.
Thanks, JOE

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vferguson3006</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have owned 3 Falcons, still have 2 and sold off 1. All 3 worked for me without any warranty problems or broken parts.
However, when I first started with long range rifles I asked the same question because of start-up money.
Over the years I have owned 6 new from Matt Wonders [WoTac]
WoTac scopes a Gen.1, failed, a Gen.3 failed, the replacement Gen.3 still works, and now have 2 Gen.5, had 3, one of them failed, [50% failure rate].
Falcon and Wotac, 2 scopes for about the same money my story should tell you something about the difference.
I see WoTac scopes all the time in forums. Buyer beware.
You may get a good one, you most likely will have problems in the near future.
However, I will likely own another Falcon.
Thanks, JOE </div></div>

That really sucks. I like the idea of a sfp scope with a moa reticle and american made? i guess im gonna have to go with falcon.

I've noticed that they've released an moa/moa version now. I'm wondering if they've cleaned up the knobs to give more firm and solid clicks as opposed to the previous mushy setup.

I'll let you know as soon as mine arrives, it should be here soon...

GhostFace... How's that Falcon treating you? Did you end up getting it? I'm seriously debating getting this scope and I would like to get some feedback from someone who has got a recent version. If it still has eye relief issues I will not be going with them. Please let me know! Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mrbooks10</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey gun nuts,
I would like to see you guys honest opinion on falcon menace optics. I was looking at one for a 17 hmr to replace my nikon prostaff. I like the 90 moa of elevation and additional 40 moa in the reticle. The only dislikes i heard were mushy knobs and the eye relief being touchy. Again i would love to hear your guys opinions.
-joey
</div></div>

You will get exactly what you pay for,...these scopes run about $50 USD ex-factory.

The "mushy" knobs take about 30 seconds to fix.

Mine are crisp with a nice, audible click.

I have posted the fix before.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DeuceFour</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GhostFace... How's that Falcon treating you? Did you end up getting it? I'm seriously debating getting this scope and I would like to get some feedback from someone who has got a recent version. If it still has eye relief issues I will not be going with them. Please let me know! Thanks! </div></div>

I didn't get it, I ended up getting a 6-24 PST in MOA instead. I had two Falcons before and I was happy with both but I really wanted illumination and zero stop. Plus when I thought about it, the repair part.... I know you can send a Vortex to Wisconsin with out any problems. I didn't want to have to jump through all kind of hoops to send a scope in for repair because its only a matter of time before you will have to send any scope back if you actually use it. I just sent back a Leupold MK IV after 7 years of use...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Emouse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

You will get exactly what you pay for,...these scopes run about $50 USD ex-factory. </div></div>

Where?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GhostFace</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I didn't get it, I ended up getting a 6-24 PST in MOA instead. I had two Falcons before and I was happy with both but I really wanted illumination and zero stop. Plus when I thought about it, the repair part.... I know you can send a Vortex to Wisconsin with out any problems. I didn't want to have to jump through all kind of hoops to send a scope in for repair because its only a matter of time before you will have to send any scope back if you actually use it. I just sent back a Leupold MK IV after 7 years of use... </div></div>

Ok Thanks for the reply! I'm currently stuck scouring every forum, you tube, manufacture websites, etc.. Trying to decide on my first scope for my Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD. Want to grow into the scope, using it for some Deer, Bear, Hog hunting, plus long range targets. I like the FFP tactical variable mag scopes, plus Mil/Mil, and illuminated reticle, target knobs. My budget is about $600. That Falcon Menace had it all! Except for the fact that they are Euro company so Warranty issues would be a pain like you said. I'm apparently just going to have to sacrifice some of the features I want for right now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rover31</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Emouse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

You will get exactly what you pay for,...these scopes run about $50 USD ex-factory. </div></div>

Where? </div></div>

Maybe he meant to say $500 USD?

I think the Falcon is a pretty damned good scope for the money. It wouldn't be a bad choice of a scope but I wouldn't want it as my only scope because when it goes tits up you are going to be with out glass for a while. If you are at $600 or so in your budget you might be able to find a used SFP PST 4-14 four about that price. I would think it would be well worth the wait to save a few dollars more. Just a thought....