• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Falcon Scopes

Re: Falcon Scopes

Thanks for the info. A friend of mine was telling me about these scopes and I want to check them out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.sightwonders.com/wonderopticstactical.html

Some of the guys are saying this guys customer service is top knotch. I'm looking at buying one of his in house designed scopes.</div></div>

He just needs to have mil turrets and I'd order 2 right now.

+1 for Matt at sight wonders. He is a great guy and stands behind the products he sells, his prices aren't bad either!

Another +1 for Matt, who provides some of the best customer service in the business.

another +1 for Matt i got my falcon from him. he was back ordered and offered to either cancel the order or keep it with him and he would waive shipping costs. stand up customer service and he doesn't mind answering tons of questions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MTETM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try a Board Sponsor...

Has been great to work with on multiple purchases of Falcon Scopes.

http://www.rwsnydergunsmithing.com</div></div>

Guys....remember to support those that support us. You like this site being free? Then support the vendors that are sponsors.

www.rwsnydergunsmithing.com is GTG on Falcons!

BY ALL MEANS get yours from RWS, but I was just staing that i got mine from Matt, and he was extremly curtious in his dealings, not saing RWS is not but i have not dealt with them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kahlendrrari</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BY ALL MEANS get yours from RWS, but I was just staing that i got mine from Matt, and he was extremly curtious in his dealings, not saing RWS is not but i have not dealt with them.</div></div>

No worries, just as I was not saying anything negative about Matt. Simply stating that when given a choice I will always give a hide supporter my business first.

Sometimes the toughest decision is which Hide guy to go to....

RWS is a notch above top notch. He delt with my changing of my order a couple times. Will go to him for more purchases when the money comes my way.

scope orderd on monday from RWS now i'm sitting here at my desk playing with it.

they shipped it the same day. seam like a good NO BS company.

scope seams to be built like a tank.

1.8 lbs on the postal scale here at work.

Which reticle do you guys like the best and why, and can someone please explain this "Mil-Mil" thing I keep seeing pop-up?

Thanks,

-Pat

Mil-Mil means a miliradian-based reticle (such as mil-dot), with the knob adjustments also in a miliradian-based unit (usually .1 mils).

Much more handy than having non-matching units on you reticle and knobs (such as the common mil-dot w/ 1/4 MOA knob combo in many 'tactical' scopes).

I like their SLR reticle -- mildot with .5 mil hashes -- and I like the solid posts, kind of help "find" the center of the scope, esp. at low mag or in lower light (since no illum).

I have the Skeletal Mildot Reticle with 1/4 MOA turrets.

I would much rather have the SLR and Mil/Mil. I ordered the GAP Reticle and Mil EREK and windage on my SN-3.

I would have saved a round on a 660 yard Unknown Distance target yesterday if my knobs matched the reticle. Since they didn't, I put two in the dirt instead of just one.

I like the SLR/Enhanced mil dot reticule, but the ML16 is good as well. To me the Enhanced mil dot is faster to determine how many mils you are and easier/faster to keep track if you are using a mil or 1/2 mil to aim with (Since full mils are dots), but the ML16 is capable of a more fine aiming point since the full mils are fine crosshairs instead of dots.

The Mil/Mil thing simply means having your reticule hold over/off marks the same as the adjustments on the turrets. Simple that if the reticule is in mils, and you see through the scope you are .5 mils high, you can simply dial .5 mils up on the knob. Instead of many scopes that have a mil style reticule but have 1/4 MOA adjustments so you have to convert between them when making adjustments.

With the falcon scopes you have the option of having 0.1 mil per click adjustments or 1/4 MOA adjustments.

SO a Mil/Mil scope has mil scale reticule and 0.1 mil per click adjustments.

I have the SLR with Mil/Mil and it's great. Matches the ret and turrets on my Heritage, so it's a cheap way to have my 22LR trainer match my centerfire.

I have heard some bad things about Falcon and their scopes, can anyone comment on this? I was considering getting one for a AR...
Thanks.

Be more specific than "bad things", mine is proving to be excellent and will be ordering anotherone to replace a leupold.

Yes, please be more specific. I've never had any problems at all and @ $380 or so I consider it to be an excellent value for features available.

Another +1 for Matt, who provides some of the best customer service in the business.

I bought a FFP scope and I think its the best thing I've ever owned. Easy to use and accurate at ANY power. . . . check em out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: krink85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">RWS is a notch above top notch. He delt with my changing of my order a couple times. Will go to him for more purchases when the money comes my way. </div></div>

+1 I've had good experiences with RWS.

Love my Falcon so far too.

There have been some problems with falcon scopes, my 10x42 for example had a parallax issue, but the customer service from RWS and some of the other vendors and Falcon themselves has been stellar. If you do run into a problem it will be handled quickly and professionally.

Okay, sweet. This means i don't have to hunt for a used leupold!
laugh.gif