• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Falkor Defense

I have one and love it! I got it on a trade and had a few hiccups at first. later on I found out I had an early production model and it had early production problems. The gunsmith sent me their updated bolt and bolt stop free of charge and my action has been awesome since. Very smooth and solid. Feeding it out of AICS and and ARC mags has been no problem from an MPA chassis

1D906F51-9A5B-417F-924C-9935D84205BC.jpeg

I have one and love it! I got it on a trade and had a few hiccups at first. later on I found out I had an early production model and it had early production problems. The gunsmith sent me their updated bolt and bolt stop free of charge and my action has been awesome since. Very smooth and solid. Feeding it out of AICS and and ARC mags has been no problem from an MPA chassis

View attachment 7800418
I’m looking at getting one to build a new hunting rifle. Thanks for your input.

Reactions: jhutch3313
I have a 7even and it's a well made action that's very slick and functions well.
I have found 2 "issues" with the action so far.
First is that the bottom profile of the action is not true to R700. The very bottom of the receiver is mostly rounded but there is a point where the round bottom meets the flat sides of the octagonal(ish) receiver. That line is wider than a R700 is at that point and it has caused me bedding issues with 2 different chassis/stocks.
Both required substantial removal of material just so the action would sit properly in the bedding. It even split my Grayboe stock because the receiver sidewalls act like a wedge if the base of the receiver is not supported.

I will say that the bedding areas both on both chassis/stocks that I tried are profiled for a full round receiver so the Falkor action might work ok in a chassis that has a relatively low bedding platform where the action sits "on" rather than "in" the bedding area.

The second issue I've had is that the distance from the action screws to the recoil lug is longer than it should be so to get proper recoil lug seating you either have to remove material from the pillars or action screw holes or place a shim or bedding material behind the recoil lug.

If I had known about these two issues before I bought the action I would not have bought it.

I have a 7even and it's a well made action that's very slick and functions well.
I have found 2 "issues" with the action so far.
First is that the bottom profile of the action is not true to R700. The very bottom of the receiver is mostly rounded but there is a point where the round bottom meets the flat sides of the octagonal(ish) receiver. That line is wider than a R700 is at that point and it has caused me bedding issues with 2 different chassis/stocks.
Both required substantial removal of material just so the action would sit properly in the bedding. It even split my Grayboe stock because the receiver sidewalls act like a wedge if the base of the receiver is not supported.

I will say that the bedding areas both on both chassis/stocks that I tried are profiled for a full round receiver so the Falkor action might work ok in a chassis that has a relatively low bedding platform where the action sits "on" rather than "in" the bedding area.

The second issue I've had is that the distance from the action screws to the recoil lug is longer than it should be so to get proper recoil lug seating you either have to remove material from the pillars or action screw holes or place a shim or bedding material behind the recoil lug.

If I had known about these two issues before I bought the action I would not have bought it.
Thank you for your input

What’s the difference between the 7even actions and MT7s?
The biggest one is weight, the 7even is 32oz while the MT7 is 25oz, the 7even has an integrated 20MOA pic rail where the MT7 does not have a rail on it, but has options for aluminum bolt on split or full rail. The 7even was designed for long distance shooting and to be very rugged, where the MT7 was designed to be a lighter simpler action for hunting. both have integrated recoil lugs, DLC coated bolts, and nitride bodies. They are built with the same tolerances and have the same thread tenon for prefit barrels, which Proof Research is now making for them.

View attachment 7800418
This looks nice, I would love to build one of this.

The biggest one is weight, the 7even is 32oz while the MT7 is 25oz, the 7even has an integrated 20MOA pic rail where the MT7 does not have a rail on it, but has options for aluminum bolt on split or full rail. The 7even was designed for long distance shooting and to be very rugged, where the MT7 was designed to be a lighter simpler action for hunting. both have integrated recoil lugs, DLC coated bolts, and nitride bodies. They are built with the same tolerances and have the same thread tenon for prefit barrels, which Proof Research is now making for them.
Sell me a css chassis

Early pic with no scope but this is in 6GT. My son is shooting it. Been shooting awesome with no issues. It's an early 7even action.

Yes from what I remember the bottom of the action isn't a true 700 foot print but Manners fit it to the stock with no issues.

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

Attachments

• Coltons Falkor action rifle.jpg
    Coltons Falkor action rifle.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 136
Reactions: jhutch3313