• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Fallow buck @ 110yrds

Geno C.

Dirty Carnie
Minuteman
  • Oct 24, 2007
    Wautoma, WI
    Hunting in TN 300 WSM at 110yrds. Shot was nothing too special but a nice animal
    smile.gif
    DSCN1161.jpg
    DSCN1163.jpg
    DSCN1164.jpg

Re: Fallow buck @ 110yrds

Oh yeah, rifle specs;

M70 blueprinted
    31" Rock M24 1-10
    Manners T4
    Hometuned trigger (most crisp 3lbs I've pulled)
    5.5-22 50 NXS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StealthMode223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the blood spot the entrance or exit? </div></div>

Entrance, he was quartering away hard. 210 Bergers leave a little bigger exits
    smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Balthasar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh yeah, rifle specs;

M70 blueprinted
    31" Rock M24 1-10
    Manners T4
    Hometuned trigger (most crisp 3lbs I've pulled)
    5.5-22 50 NXS
    </div></div>

Good gawd! I bet shes a little heavy luggin around in the woods. That deers just lucky you didnt range him out at grand...lol!

31" plus the 10" for the phantom can
    smile.gif
    I'll go weight it. It was a little ackward in the woods for sure. The montains weren't too good to me this trip.

18.6lbs on the head. Not near as heavy as it felt when I was carring it all day!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MG-70</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice deer, rifle, and pics! </div></div>

Thanks! I just dropped him off at the taxidermist friday, along with the all white doe from the same trip and the little 8 pointer from this deer season. The euro mount whitetail will be back in my hands by May 1 and the shoulder mount for the fallow buck and the doe rug will be done by Sept. 15 for the grand opening of his new shop
    smile.gif
    I'm stoked to get them all back that fast!

Congrats on the fallow, I am trying to decide whether to harvest an Axis of Fallow next year when I go to Texas.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bebberson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats on the fallow, I am trying to decide whether to harvest an Axis of Fallow next year when I go to Texas. </div></div>
    The axis was on my list but they had dropped their antlers by the time I got there. That is one thing that I would as about before you book a hunt.