• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FAL's

DrDeath

Colonel
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2009
Are the DSA precision model FAL's accurate enough for real world- precision shooting? Will they go toe to toe with a M1A match? or better?

The words "precision" and "FAL" generally should NOT be used together!

Some of the DSA's I have seen were quite capable with ammo tuned to their liking, along with a decent optic and shooter doing their part, but at best, I'd call them no better than 1.5 MOA on any meaningful, consistent basis. Now, some of the Vandenberg HIGHLY modified FALs I have seen were sub-MOA capable, but no idea on wait-times or prices these days. Most folks have more or less abandoned the FAL platform these days for any number of vastly more capable platforms, but I digress...

If you want a gasser for gun games...at least on a cost-effective basis...skip the FAL and grab any number of highly adaptable large-frame ARs, many of which are capable of sub-MOA accuracy right out of the box (again...with a competent shooter and quality ammo fit for those purposes).

You will never know how many of us falfiles types chased accuracy in this platform. I finally realized it was a true battle rifle, capable of minute of man with milsurp ammo out to 500 or so. If you want precision buy any of the AR 308 types and put a better trigger in it, then a better barrel if you are not getting the results. Most of the factory AR 308 types with an upgrade trigger will shoot better then the loose nut behind the wheel.

As already stated above - FAL's are not precision rifles. However, for an awesome, soft shooting, reliable and flat out fun as hell battle rifle...the FAL is it. Everyone should have at least one "Right arm of the free world" in his collection. Here's a pic of my DSA G1 and former DSA Stg58 (now sold).:cool:

293k01g.jpg

A real good FAL with good ammo will get you 2 moa. With milsurp, expect 4 moa. They are an awesome battlerifle

I love my DSA FAL, and have tried hard to get it to shoot around 1 moa. Being realistic, it is a 2 moa rifle with handloads.
If I want accuracy I bring out the OBR.
I still really enjoy owning the FAL.