• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Famous Maker at J&G.com?

Brandon1

Private
Minuteman
Who does the famous maker for them (or who do they buy it from). They have what looks to be an identical copy of a Falcon Menace for $149. They also have a rubberized "tacti-cool" looking 3-9x40 for $40 or so. I dont know if these are just great "sleeper" deals, or still junk...

Re: Famous Maker at J&G.com?

I bought 1 Famous Maker from them a few years ago and it fell apart shortly after I bought it. I'd never buy another.

Famous maker - that's kind of a funny thing. You can get famous for being really good, or really bad!

They have been doing that for many years. I called and asked about it 15 years ago and was told the one I was interested in (6X20) was either a Tasco a Simmons or a Bushnell depending on stock. They buy discontinued or returned products and are not allowed to mention the brand at the prices they sold them. Could be a good deal as long as you have reasonable expectations for the price.

From what I've been able to find, Famous Maker is a Chinese brand playing off everyone thinking it's a discount purchase from a better name. If you look close in some of the pictures on j&g you'll see the FM logo marked on the scope.