• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Fieldcraft Fanny Packs

wilwith1l

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2013
Heart of Dixie
My old trusty fanny pack has finally given up. I bought it at Wal-Mart the night before my class started, and it has lasted 8 years, with countless repair jobs and upgrades along the way.

I'm in the market for a new one, but everything I've seen looks huge, way to big for stalk lanes, or is a civy model. I carry a pretty light kit, and need something smaller than what I've been able to find.

I'm looking for something to use on the firing line and stalk lanes, not one of those ccw fanny packs I keep finding. What models do you guys use, or have experience with? Thanks.

Wil, I've used this one for a few years. BDS Medical Fanny Pack. It's worked for me on the range and hunting/scouting. Not too big, I just added a nalgene holder.

Take a look at mountain smith.

Or the successor to mountain smith, Kifaru. I use a Tailgunner 1, it has nice internal organization, lots of carry (non fannypack) options, and if you want to carry big loads (gold bars) you can buy backpack straps for it. Also, you can dock small pouches on it for quick access or just adding a little extra overflow space for a little longer trip.

Lol..no advice here sorry, but have to say that fanny this side of the pond means pussy.I always get a laugh when ye guys talk about fanny packs !!We call them a bum pouchs and to be honest I dont use them ,I have pockets sewn into the back of my smock and shirt depending on what im wearing.Dont like a big pouch sticking up when crawling on a stalk.

Or the successor to mountain smith, Kifaru. I use a Tailgunner 1, it has nice internal organization, lots of carry (non fannypack) options, and if you want to carry big loads (gold bars) you can buy backpack straps for it. Also, you can dock small pouches on it for quick access or just adding a little extra overflow space for a little longer trip.

+1 for the Kifaru Tailgunner 1. Check it out Tailgunner I (900c.i./14.75 liters) ? Kifaru Intl. Online Store. Bomb proof and highly organizable but it might be too large and expensive for the OP's needs, especially when you add the omni belt. You really don't have much to worry about if you don't like it. They sell like hot cakes used.

+1 on the ares armor fanny pack. Buddy of mine used one at the school house that he had them sew in some elastic to hold his 40 mags and it was pretty freaking sweet, they made a bunch more guys have went back and bought. Might give them a call tell them what you are looking for and they can usually make it.

I'm very hesitant to order from Ares Armor since they already had to turn over a customer list once. If I could go and pay cash I wouldn't mind, but who knows what BATF has planned for them or their customers.
I'm gonna be in Tacoma next week, so I'm gonna see if Tactical Tailor has some options for customization.

Sent from my Sega Dreamcast using Tapatalk

I use a Maxpedition Octa for hiking and kayaking. It's pretty much your standard fanny pack made out of bomb-proof materials. They're expensive but they will also last several lifetimes.

Mine has been submerged in salt water, covered in mud, soaked in rain, dragged over rocks, etc. Still good as new.

url]

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited: