• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Fasttrack (ski) carry system...

tea&jam

Master of none
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2014
Idaho
Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

*If* you prefer the weight of your rifle on your pack, rather than shoulder-slung, would this be better than a scabbard? For 5 years my hunt/hike/ski day pack has been a Eberlestock with a scabbard. I just ordered the Targhee 45L for overnight backcountry skiing trips with my dog, and I'll be checking how the Fasttrack system works with my rifle too.

Shoutout to @THLR for rifles & skis; loving my Asnes Nansens

Last edited:
Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

*If* you prefer the weight of your rifle on your pack, rather than shoulder-slung, would this be better than a scabbard? For 5 years my hunt/hike/ski day pack has been a Eberlestock with a scabbard. I just ordered the Targhee 45L for overnight backcountry skiing trips with my dog, and I'll be checking how the Fasttrack system works with my rifle too.

Shoutout to @THLR for rifles & skis; loving my Asnes Nansens

I would just make sure that your rifle doesn't weigh more than a pair of skis.

Most of my up-track has my skis on my feet with skins.

The few times it doesnt, I have to stop and put on crampons and grab other gear anyways.

I dont “side country” in a way that necessitates skis on a pack. Usually 10 min or less.

Reactions: 308pirate