• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fathers Day gift ideas for a poor...

bought him a scope I was hopping he would leave mine where they are on guns my guns sadly sticky fingers are not limited to kids dam lol
I tried to be mad about it but found I could not as when i was younger I did the exact same thing to him .

Last edited:
bought him a scope I was hopping he would leave mine where they are on guns my guns sadly sticky fingers are not limited to kids dam lol

LOL...my dad is to the age where half the stuff he used to use, he can't anymore. I've been guilty of getting it for him anyway, just because I know I'm going to inherit it (e.g. a large frame AR that I put together for him last year).

A phone call is better than anything my kids could buy for me. If they really want to send me a gift, something they made themselves has much more meaning (they are both artists). Since they are 1700 and 3000 miles away, I rarely see them (been 2-3 years)

My dad will turn 91 later this year. Mentally he is still very sharp, but Parkinsons has ravaged his body for the past 20+ years. He was diagnosed shortly after my mom passed.
I've been in the process of writing him a letter for several months intending to give it to him tomorrow. I'm still not finished!
The letter is to tell him about all the fond memories I have about him... fishing, shooting, camping, playing catch, him teaching me things, how to do stuff, how to fix stuff, and perhaps most important how to be a man. He's far from perfect, but who is? But he was there, trying. Doing the best he could. He's still there, still trying. He never complains, never quits.

He's a man of few words, always has been. Now Parkinsons has made it difficult for him to talk. His voice just fades out. He can't control it.

This fathers day I want to thank him for being my dad. Let him know that he's always been the yardstick upon which I've measured my success, that I'm proud to be his son, and I'm proud of him as a father.

A phone call is better than anything my kids could buy for me. If they really want to send me a gift, something they made themselves has much more meaning (they are both artists). Since they are 1700 and 3000 miles away, I rarely see them (been 2-3 years)
When my dad passed it had been years since we spoke. Ten page hand written note went down with him.

• Sad
Reactions: candyx and Jscb1b
Roadtrip!

Reactions: SilentStalkr
Its not exactly a 'poors' gift but some blow and a couple hookers should make him smile. Or just the hookers.

• Haha
Haven't spoke to either of my parents since I moved out when I was 17, but if I did I'd get my dad a bottle of mezcal. As for my own 2 sons, all I care about really is getting a card from them because they always write rather lengthy personal messages which I thoroughly enjoy reading. What can I say? I'm a sucker for gifts my kids make with their own 2 hands.

I'm doing a FaceTime or whatever the video chat thing is on the phone with my dad so he can see his grandkids. Making a trip over to see (10hr drive) him so he can finally meet his granddaughter in person in early July. Hoping to have him move in with us eventually as diabetes, dialysis and complications due to both have destroyed his body.

Enjoy your dad's everyone, whether they are here in memory or still kicking ass. I never really appreciated what my parents went through until I had kids of my own.

I go drink some beer with my dad. Nothing better than just chilling out having a cold one making memories

Sometimes “time” is the best gift you can give or get
My dad is becoming increasingly more reclusive as he gets older. He has sold off most of the things he used to love toying with, ever gets out and does anything anymore. Quite sad really.

• Sad
Reactions: Jscb1b
My dad is becoming increasingly more reclusive as he gets older. He has sold off most of the things he used to love toying with, ever gets out and does anything anymore. Quite sad really.
My grandpa suffered from dementia for several years before he passed

There is nothing worse than watching a man you knew your entire life turn into something you’d never imagined he’d become

That’s why it’s so important to spend the time with your dad, or you with your kids now. Each day counts. The days on the other end aren’t promised to come or ever be the same

Now some people don’t have a close relationship with their dads. For them I’m sorry to hear that. My dad is my best friend and the greatest guy I know. If he asked me to go fishing or just stop by to bs I’m dropping what I’m doing and going

You don’t get the time back

I have invited my dad to come visit us here, since 2003. He won't, because his ex-wife/my mother live in this city. He's been all around the world in the past 20 years, and to visit my sister in Ontario (not far from me) a few times. When she was alive.

Hell, I even told him that I'd protect him from her.... and that he needn't worry. He just won't come here, too many other things to do, too many other places to go.... too many others to drink with.

I've come to terms with this a long time ago. He hasn't even met my wife yet, and we've been married for 11 years.

I'm not saying any of this to drag anyone down. The reason I'm saying this here, is so that ya'll APPRECIATE what you DO have! Relish in the ability, and/or the memories. Not everyone's got 'em.

Blessings,

My father left when I was around 5 years old. Bad divorce and an lot of hate between the parents. Never saw him again after that and found out he died last Christmas Eve. Some regret that I never reached out to him, but I've been blessed with two kids of my own and a good wife of nearly 30 years. Both kids are grown, but here at my home for Father's Day. Life's good.

My dad is 86 years old and 1500 miles away, I see him every couple years, but talk to him every day, and miss being around him. I send him a card for fathers day and a gift card to his favorite restaurant.

My dad and i hang out all the time, i get him guns for gifts most times. Since i do that i only give him gifts every so often. Last year i got him a ruger m77 in 7 mag, may get him some bullets and a 12 pack this year and help him with the 12 pack.

Haven't seen or spoken to my father in 30 years.
My dad called me a prick consecutively the last time I saw him. He was a puppet on my moms strings. That was 20 some years ago. I think he passed last year, but i have no idea. I dont recall my dad ever saying a nice or loving thing to me as a kid.

If youre a dad, please tell your kids often that you love them. If you havent spoken to your kids, reach out.... youre the parent in the room. Im sorry, but you have that responsibility as the parent....fuck ego!

To all the dads....happy fathers day!

Oh man... this world got me all ate up. I saw the title talking about father's day gift for poor...

My stupid brain when right to all the assholes making everything political these days. I thought to myself. "This is gonna be good." Somehow, I got the idea this was gonna be one of those joke posts. Maybe something about fatherhood (or the lack thereof) in the poor community. You know, how so many assholes get chicks knocked up then beat feet quick as they can...?

Didn't even dawn on me that it was a guy wanting budget ideas... LOL, even though I'm living on VA disability, and pretty much in the same boat most of the time, especially now with school out for the summer, and my wife (teacher's aid) out of work for the next few months.

Asshole lefties got me cynical as hell...

Anyway, Happy Father's Day dads.

My dad has ben dead for almost 50 years never missed that sorry sob, think it was the happiest day of Ma's and my life when he passed. We both tried to keep the smiles to a minimum at his funeral. I have tried to work really hard at being a good dad for my five kids and five grandkids, those grandkids just light up your life. Don't see them as much as I would like usually a few times a year but talk often, if you've got a good relationship with dad let him know you love him it really means a lot.

My dad has ben dead for almost 50 years never missed that sorry sob, think it was the happiest day of Ma's and my life when he passed. We both tried to keep the smiles to a minimum at his funeral. I have tried to work really hard at being a good dad for my five kids and five grandkids, those grandkids just light up your life. Don't see them as much as I would like usually a few times a year but talk often, if you've got a good relationship with dad let him know you love him it really means a lot.
Damn! I need a sad and happy face for some of you deplorables posts! 🤣

Got my dad (82) a new spotlight for his flag and an Eton Exec radio with a Audio Technica mono earbud.

My Dad had a stroke and died while I was doing CPR on him. He was 63 and I was 25. I had nightmares about it for years after. We parted just when things were finally getting interesting. I was bitter about that for a long time. Don't let the time slip away while we have them.

We lived two doors down and our Daughter was one year old so at least he got to see all of his Grandkids. He and I both worked nights and we seldom managed to get in sync.

Our Daughter is bipolar and can be very difficult to live around, but we still give it a shot every few years. She will always have a home with us, no matter what, if she wants it.

Our adult Grandkids live with us, and pull their weight. They get whatever help we can manage. Our 11 Y/O Granddaughter just went through major back surgery (Spinal Curvature) last week and is remarkably chipper about the whole situation. She lives Back East with our Daughter's (2nd) Ex, and has a stable household with a passel of decent, loving relatives on her Dad's side. She comes and lives with us most of the Summer.

I don't believe in Father's Day presents, and Dang if I don't get the most hilarious cards.

I'm 75 and still have a family I will embrace whenever the opportunity allows.

To you young 'uns..

Forgiveness withheld is the time bomb that usually ticks too long. Anger is the flaw that the Devil slipped into Adam while God was watching Eve and the snake.

Greg

Last edited: