• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fav semi-auto 22lr

atepointer

Old Salt
Minuteman
  • Nov 20, 2018
    My dad really loves the 22 world and with a suppressor he's just all giggles. I've got him shooting centerfire subs suppressed which he likes, but in a perfect world a much lighter 22lr semi-auto with a can would be hilariously fun for him methinks. Buddy has one of the S&W 22 AR rigs seems to run great, but I'm green as can be on 22 semi-autos. Any other models I want to take a look at?

My dad really loves the 22 world and with a suppressor he's just all giggles. I've got him shooting centerfire subs suppressed which he likes, but in a perfect world a much lighter 22lr semi-auto with a can would be hilariously fun for him methinks. Buddy has one of the S&W 22 AR rigs seems to run great, but I'm green as can be on 22 semi-autos. Any other models I want to take a look at?

I like the 10/22 a whole lot. Theres a lot of aftermarket stuff out there for them too. I have several of them including one I built that is incredibly accurate with "high velocity " ammo. I'd definitely look at that over any AR type set up. Rugar also makes a "tactical" version with a buffer tube/sliding stock/ folding stock, set up. I bought one for my boy to shoot when he gets a little bit bigger. Pretty cool and as I said, you can upgrade every single piece or none at all and have a good little shooter or a tack driver.

Reactions: Ravenworks
    Ny experience with Ruger10/22 is that the suppressor causes too much fouling into the magazines and they stop working very soon until you take them apart and clean them.

Ny experience with Ruger10/22 is that the suppressor causes too much fouling into the magazines and they stop working very soon until you take them apart and clean them.
    No idea on that.... My cans are still in jail somehow... one day I shall comment on this topic but until the atf sets my gun mufflers free, I just don't know.

thanks guys. yea my buddy's S&W is run suppressed runs like champ that would be a no bueno if the 10/22 sucks nuts suppresse.d

Ive been wanting a ruger charger for awhile. It seems like what your describing.

Certainly you can go the route of the S&W. They’re cool, lots of mods for them. You might know better whether he would like the AR or 10/22 platform. I love the AR platform but not for .22. I’d much rather have a stock on my .22 verses chassis. Keep up posted on what you end up getting. He’ll love either one you get him I’m sure.

Checkout the Tippmann M4-22. It's a little more expensive than the S&W, but has great reviews. I have an M4-22 Micro Elite on the way that I will be running suppressed (SiCo Spectre 2).

He likes the AR 7.62x39/suppressed/subs with red dot offhand. That is his fav kind of shooting so my CZ 457 while fun isn't his fav sitting on a bench. Dad's in great shape, but coming up on 80 if I could cut the weight of his gas gun in 1/2 that would expand his range fun I think. My PWS/can/red dot loaded mag *feels* about 2x the weight of buddy's 22 SnW....just pondering options. Not sure of actual weight, but it's much lighter.

Reactions: Gunnie88
    AR22 or 10/22 depending on his personal preference. Consider the availability and quality of magazines. No semi will run right if the magazines suck