• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Favorite 300wm brass?

jzerfoss

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2019
WV and VA
What's everyone's favorite 300wm brass? I've been using federal for years and I have gotten great accuracy and velocity but the primer pockets are the weak point for that brass. I have considered moving to the 300 Norma with my SRS A1 for the small bump in velocity and Lapua brass but the cost of brass, dies, extra bolt, more powder, and crappier barrel life deters me.

Has anyone found decently priced quality 300wm brass that will last more than 10-15 firings with moderately stout loads?

None of the premium brass makers seem to do belted magnums except Atlas Dev Group. That’s what I’m going to try for my 7 Rem mag when I Wear out the winchester brass I have.
Looks like cost and availability may be issues though.

None of the premium brass makers seem to do belted magnums except Atlas Dev Group. That’s what I’m going to try for my 7 Rem mag when I Wear out the winchester brass I have.
Looks like cost and availability may be issues though.

I had read somewhere that gunwerks 300wm brass is pretty good but I don't who makes it for them or if the review was reliable. Of course it has a premium price tag.

Did you see this review?

Did you see this review?

That was the review. Seems legit and very detailed. I've also read that some gunwerks brass is ADG

I dont really shoot my 300wm much anymore but the best I had found and still have some quantity of is Nosler/ Norma.
Very consistent and high quality brass in my opinion but I never really pushed to hard on my reloads pressure wise so not sure what longetivity would be.
I settled on running the 200 gr accubond at 2860 pushed by 75 grains of H1000 for a hunting load.

That was the review. Seems legit and very detailed. I've also read that some gunwerks brass is ADG
ADG lists oem manufacturing as something they do so it could well be their brass.

I've had the same results with federal brass and loose primer pockets after just a few firings. I've gotten more reloads out of Barnes brass so far than any other. I'm also at 3 reloads with some Jaeger brass I picked up a few years back, and it still seats like new so far. But time will tell how it stacks against the barnes another dozen firings.

I've had the same results with federal brass and loose primer pockets after just a few firings. I've gotten more reloads out of Barnes brass so far than any other. I'm also at 3 reloads with some Jaeger brass I picked up a few years back, and it still seats like new so far. But time will tell how it stacks against the barnes another dozen firings.
You mean Jagemann?
That’s another option, a bit cheaper than ADG, and in stock at natchez.

What's everyone's favorite 300wm brass? I've been using federal for years and I have gotten great accuracy and velocity but the primer pockets are the weak point for that brass. I have considered moving to the 300 Norma with my SRS A1 for the small bump in velocity and Lapua brass but the cost of brass, dies, extra bolt, more powder, and crappier barrel life deters me.

Has anyone found decently priced quality 300wm brass that will last more than 10-15 firings with moderately stout loads?

5-7 loads max out of my Norma 300wm brass with 208's 2990 from my SRS A1 .

3-4 loads with 230 Berger's 2750fps

Primer pockets are gg

Reactions: jzerfoss
You mean Jagemann?
That’s another option, a bit cheaper than ADG, and in stock at natchez.
Yes, Jagemann. It seems great so far, and natchez is exactly where I got mine also.