• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Favorite Bi-Pod

svxwilson

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 23, 2013
    Montana
    I am looking at getting a couple bi pods for my 6.5 Grendel and my Black rain 308. I have the bipod adapters and a bottom rail on both rifles. I have a mako grip/bipod that I like but I am looking for just the bipod for the longer range ar's. it's annoying removing the mako every time I wanna use a different rifle from a bipod. Something relatively durable, I prefer to buy once and own for life.

I have a Harris swivel on a Larue QD and it ran me some close to 200. I like it TREMENDOUSLY and don't have any complaints about it. However, everyone says the atlas is such a better bipod I would spend the 100 ish more and get one. I am not complaining at all about my harris and it is great but my next one will be an atlas.

Atlas with the ADM QD mount is the bee's knees! They are where its at for a high-end bipod that will be used between multiple rifles.

And a HUGE +1 on letting Steve @ Triad Tactical (see link in post #2 above) hook you up with one. He's a trusted Hide vendor and will do right by you before and after the sale. If not Steve, there are other Hide folks like Mark Gordon, MHSA and others also offering the Atlas/ADM combo.

I have an Atlas on my AIAW and really like it. However I have a Harris 6-9" swivel on my DPMS SASS (don't remember whose adapter) and I like it almost just as well. The Atlas however has a bit more flexibility.

I was going to tell you how much I like my Atlas w/ QR. But I think you know which one to get at this point.

I have the Harris with the integrated Larue mount and it is fantastic. It runs about 200, I ttried and atlas once and prefer the Harris.

Running a Harris w/ larue mount and no complaints. Never had an issue with Harris and the larue QD makes it perfect for my usage.

for the price Harris BRMS is hard to beat and if you need a grip type bipod the Wilcox para grip seems to be a practical idea-it folds up when not in use and it's aluminum bodied

I have Atlas, Tango Down, and Harris.

Harris - is the standard of Bipods, and does everything you need a bipod to do. It's fast, it's easy, and it just plain works.

Atlas - has some nice features, but to me they are uneeded features. Atlas does win in looks. How a Bipod looks is very important to me, I need to look at a nice rifle while I am playing Call of Duty on the Xbox.

Tango Down - For the win! It is fast and easy, because of the tall legs, it gives a wider and stable platform. and the rifle swivels nicely with a fixed adjustment that you never have to mess with. However, because of the tall legs, it's really meant to be only used with an AR type rifle, and you better have a monopod on the rear.

I have a Harris brms with built in larue mount and it works pretty well. I also have a GG&G XDS-2 that I really like. The GG&G is on my heavy savage and I've had no problems with it.

I have had a couple Atlas units. Something about them is undeniably badass, heavy duty, and cool. But having said that, I find I prefer manipulating the Harris. I mean, really the Atlas is capable of more, but the Harris does what I typically need, a good bit easier.

I may buy another Atlas, because they are just badass, but I wont ever give up my Harris BRM's.

I have both the Atlas and the Harris BRMS with podloc and phoenix feet. I got an Atlas from Kasey when they first came out, I tried using it for a while but went back to the Harris. This past year, I forced myself to try out the Atlas again, it took a while but I got used to it, its a very versatile platform while shooting matches, more so than the Harris which is still an excellent product.

Atlas with the ADM QD mount is the bee's knees! They are where its at for a high-end bipod that will be used between multiple rifles.

And a HUGE +1 on letting Steve @ Triad Tactical (see link in post #2 above) hook you up with one. He's a trusted Hide vendor and will do right by you before and after the sale. If not Steve, there are other Hide folks like Mark Gordon, MHSA and others also offering the Atlas/ADM combo.

Correction: Atlas with a Larue mount is the bees knees.

To bad Bobro doesnt make one or we would be both wrong ;)

I can live with ADM and Larue on bipod mounts......

I have Atlas, Tango Down, and Harris.

Harris - is the standard of Bipods, and does everything you need a bipod to do. It's fast, it's easy, and it just plain works.

Atlas - has some nice features, but to me they are uneeded features. Atlas does win in looks. How a Bipod looks is very important to me, I need to look at a nice rifle while I am playing Call of Duty on the Xbox.

Tango Down - For the win! It is fast and easy, because of the tall legs, it gives a wider and stable platform. and the rifle swivels nicely with a fixed adjustment that you never have to mess with. However, because of the tall legs, it's really meant to be only used with an AR type rifle, and you better have a monopod on the rear.
    Cartmann, where you been? Banned again for your evil Southpark posts? Glad you're back, you always have some funny shit! "mono-pod in the rear"lol....or maybe you were being serious?

I like the look of an atlas way more, I like the fact that the legs can be folded forward for lower gun position, but for fast deployment and getting the gun leveled in seconds so I can take a shot I prefer a harris from larue. They really improved them things alot! And with a harris because the legs are spring loaded you don't have to be as conscious about loading them like you need to do with an atlas because of the slop in the legs.

Atlas with qd. I've used Atlas and Harris, and definitely prefer the extra features of the Atlas, as well as being able to easily switch it between rifles.

Same Harris bipods I use on my bolt guns. Easy to move over and attach to the sling stud on my AR. I know this is not the cool way of doing it and now every bolt gun has to have the added expense of a picatinny rail on it but it's worked fine so I see no reason to change. ;)

Put me solidly in the Harris camp. Swivel with leg notches... 6-9 on the AR and 9-12 on the bolt gun.

I took a couple sips of the Atlas Kool-aid... they are very sexy looking... but after actually using it in the field, quickly spit it back out. There will be a barely used Atlas for sale here shortly as soon as my new Harris SBRM gets here. That'll teach me for selling off the old one before trying out the new one.:rolleyes:

John

Cartmann, where you been? Banned again for your evil Southpark posts? Glad you're back, you always have some funny shit! "mono-pod in the rear"lol....or maybe you were being serious?

Thanks tomcat! Yeah I was serious about a monopod in the rear, the vltor sits rifle very high and hard to stabilize the rear without some support.

ditto- my story exactly.
    Put me solidly in the Harris camp. Swivel with leg notches... 6-9 on the AR and 9-12 on the bolt gun.

I took a couple sips of the Atlas Kool-aid... they are very sexy looking... but after actually using it in the field, quickly spit it back out. There will be a barely used Atlas for sale here shortly as soon as my new Harris SBRM gets here. That'll teach me for selling off the old one before trying out the new one.:rolleyes:

John

+1 on the Atlas. Im actually looking for another one right now, because I like it so much, it will be going on another rifle.

I have always used Harris but bought an atlas about a year back. I like the atlas and I use it on my fav 308. It's rigged out to be a quick setup rifle. I have the ADM QD mount on it and have QD mounts on a "sitting length" harris for fast swaps in the field.

That being said, all my other rifles I use Harris's on and see no reason to stray from them.
    Their stuff has been super reliable and functional in the field.

I have seen a few encounter where the flexibility of the atlas really make it work better than the harris but the number of quick moments give the harris its pros too.

I would recommend either and both are great American made products that will serve you great for many years.

Good luck.