• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Favorite DPMS High Handguard?

Winny94

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Nov 19, 2013
    Looking for a handguard for a 24" 6CM. I need a very solid mount and easy to install barrel nut. What are some recommendations? just need a means to attach a sling and bipod

Favorite...? KAC URX 3.1, but... you're gonna have to put in some extra work and/or $$ to get it to work on a DPMS pattern upper.

+1 for SLR, a lot of options to get the exact set up you want. Super easy to install barrel nut with no need to “time” it off the gas tube. 35 lb/ft and your done. I like their Solo Ultra Lite series.

I’m also a fan of SLR. Super intuitive installation, barrel nut that you could install with a crescent wrench, light, and plenty of options.

I'l say the SLR Helix series or Odin Works O2 Lite. They are similar in that that don't have a full top rail just rail at each end. Both are lightweight and the O2 can be had in 17.5" for under 8oz without barrel nut.

Another vote for SLR. I've used Rainier/Fortis and JP as well on AR-10 builds, but prefer the SLR. It seems to have the least flex and they offer several options to meet your preferences.

Remember if you have the old high rise style dpms upper receiver, the new hand guards on the market might not align flush with the top of the receiver. Call dpms and see if your rifle is high rise. If yes, I would recommend any tubular handguard, like the JP MK Signature series.

I have an 18" XLR built by SMF tactical that I really like. He makes them from 12" to 24" high or low cut, armalite or DPMS thread. The barrel nut is the best I've used.