• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Favorite folding knife.

Re: Favorite folding knife.

I've got several knives that I love. The one I carry the most is a Buck Strider.
I also have some Byrd Knives that I really like. Both are versions of the Cara Cara's.
CRKT's +1
Cold Steel +1
For a workhorse meyreco.

At the risk of looking like a weenie after only three posts:
VN_53383.jpg

Victorinox Climber.

Not a tacticool folder, but a lot more useful (to me anyway).

Just my stupid opinion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: barnes12</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Chris Reeve Sebenza </div></div>

I'm a Chris Reeve fan as well. I like that he makes knives for us lefties. I carry either a small lefty Sebenza or a lefty Mnandi most of the time. When I'm hunting I will often grab my lefty Umnumzaan. One of these days I'm going to pick up a classic large Sebenza.

I like the Kershaw Speed Bump my wife got me for Christmas. Fast & easy opening, useful size for both utility and fighting, and the factory edge is surprisingly good. Oh yeah...made in U.S.A. is important to me too.

2010vaca259.jpg

If you're that may years into the Endura, might be a let down to change now....Maybe just get one with G10 handle if its an upgrade.

Benchmade Aires aint bad at all if you can find one.

I dont really like a chisel grind, so Emerson CQC7A or A100.

Carried a microtech mini socom a bit, loved it except the aluminum scales and pocket clip. Had a microtech lightfoot, was really heavy for pocket carry and didn't like how the bottom of the pocket clup stuck out.
I like the looks of the microtech CMTX5, but no experience with it. Microtech though, so I don't think you could go wrong.

Check out lightfoot's knives also.

+1 for Cold Steel. 4 years with the Recon Tanto EDC. Still going strong. Big but easy to carry.

I have 3 Benchmade's, 2 Cold Steel's, a Kershaw and a CKRT. For the money the Kershaw and CKRT's win hands-down, but my favorite's are the Benchmade's. The Benchmade I carry everyday is the Deja-Voo with the G-10 handle and SV 30 blade. It's amazingly sharp and everything is smooth and contoured on it and it is very comfortable to carry.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: thebolt</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="text-decoration: underline">I have more knives than I can count</span>. I carry many but my primary everyday carry knife is the cold steel folder. </div></div>

Same here, but I carry either the Kershaw Blur or the CRKT My Tighe daily. Both assisted opening and take a good pounding. They are carried for emergencies like apple cutting, opening snack wrappers and other tactical chores as I also own several multitools from Buck, SOG, Gerber but go no where without my Leatherman Wave, which I use for my heavy cutting and expedient tool chores.

I spent an hour cleaning, sharpening and putting some lube on it and its like new. I guess I will try for 12 more years. I carried one before for 10 years and only got a new one when I lost it. Thanks for all the great suggestions.
BTW serrated knives are a pain to sharpen.

In good weather I use a fixed blade. They are simply a better tool. The winters here are long, wet and windy. Between rain jackets and pants a fixed blade is useless so I have used four BM automatics for years. Good knives but trying to operate a small button with soaking wet gloves is sometimes problematic. I spend my day outside, mostly around horses, and with reins or halter ropes in one hand I need a onehanded folder that I can clip to an outside pocket. Last year I bought a Kershaw ZT, 0350ST, assisted opener (speed safe) with S30V steel. I use and abuse knives. The edge on this one has held up to everything from dressing out elk to to cutting New Zealand fence. More importantly to me it is deployable under the worst conditions. I've found the "Holy Grail" of folders.

Is that Speed bump a PIA to sharpen? One reason I tray to stay away from a Tanto style I cant put an edge on them for anything.

Dusitn

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mavrick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that Speed bump a PIA to sharpen? One reason I tray to stay away from a Tanto style I cant put an edge on them for anything.

Dusitn </div></div>

Actually it's not bad. The bellied part of the blade lends itself to standard wet stoning and the concave part (which doesn't get much use) is easy to dress with a crock stick. Or you can cheat like I do and use a Roberts carbide sharpener and be done with it.

I am a Strider fan myself. I have packed a smf for sometime now and it has never let me down. Mick Strider builds the toughest knives on the planet!!!

I carry a Hen and Rooster double bladed knife. used to carry nothing but Case, but hard to find around here.

i prefer the bench made knives as well you can see a few autos to the left the one to the far left i have carried for about 10 years

Picture001.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wefite4u</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Benchmade 9100 auto Stryker. I have beat on it for three years/two deployments and it still works like new. </div></div>

likewise. Having carried many many many different knives (and I'm hard on them), I've carried my 9100 for 4 years now and still love it. Need to send it back for a new blade though. The tip got 'arc welded' the other day by a friend
mad.gif

I have so many it's hard.. rotation is always growing. The new Endura 4 with the full-flat-grind look really nice.. .4oz lighter than the old Endura 4. They have a FFG version of the Delica too now. If you don't mind putting some money in.. the Sage series are really nice too in Carbon Fiber and Ti. I like the BM mini-grips also. Emerson mini or full size A100 or CQC-7's are nice too.. but I wish they had a better detent.

There is a great used market over on BladeForums where I get lots of my knives too. Usually in like new condition.

Good luck!

Benchmade 527 or Victorinox OHT for outdoor use.

Another one you might want to look at is Crusader Forge, have not owned one but they look like they chop a telephone pole down.

I have two bob lum spydercos that are great as far as fit and finish .

Have had a Benchmade with a nice Elishewitz blade, a Strider, Buck-Strider, Dark Ops StratoFighter, Microtech side opener, and CRKT Hissatsu folders. I liked the CRKT Hissatsu folder in particular. Comes in both manual and assisted opening modes. Great for the price.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: millerlite</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i got issued a benchmade 5000 presidio and havent looked at another knife since </div></div>

I issued myself a Benchmade 5000 and it is my favorite ever,locks up tight with no movement.fast action,and no slip grip.Second favorite is a plain old Buck 110,been using one of these for almost 40 years.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SANDRAT</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: millerlite</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i got issued a benchmade 5000 presidio and havent looked at another knife since </div></div>

I issued myself a Benchmade 5000 and it is my favorite ever,locks up tight with no movement.fast action,and no slip grip.Second favorite is a plain old Buck 110,been using one of these for almost 40 years. </div></div>

I've had a Benchmade 5000 auto for at least 8 years now(maybe closer to 10). I've used it for everything from opening mail/boxes, to beers, to digging out splinters, to cutting a phone book out of the impeller in my snow blower, to (I hate to admit it) cutting asphalt shingles after I dropped my work knife off the roof and was too lazy to climb down and get it. Probably a million other things too. I've never had to use it for self defense, but if I did, I'm confident it would be up to the task.
I like it so much, at one point, I bought a second one and reversed the pocket clip to carry in my left pocket, but I ended up giving it to my buddy's son who was going to Iraq, and never ended up replacing it.
The blade is worn but still takes a shaving edge, the spring and action are as fast and smooth as the day I bought it, and the serrations on the aluminum handle are not as sharp as they originally were, but still make for a sure grip (I also have several Benchmades with textured G-10 scales, and they tend to wear smooth with a lot of use).
I have several knives in my "rotation" that are all very capable, but this has to be my all time favorite.

My daily load-out:
zo2hg.jpg

Some more of my favorites:
jj4hhl.jpg

I'm new to the folder thing, but I am really happy with my ZT302, it's been excellent...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a gerber emerson that I realy like, I have had it for about 3 years and its tougher than baked owl shit. I dont know if you can have auto's in TX but its a nice one if you can </div></div>
+1 ive got one too .
great knife big as hell, but if i had to
bring a knife to a gun fight that would be the one i brought.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: varmint6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have two bob lum spydercos that are great as far as fit and finish . </div></div>

The Lum Chinese is an awesome EDC. One of my favorite knives. RIP Bob Lum.

My favorite EDC is the Benchmade 710 with D2 steel. I'm not a BM fan by any means, but this knife is a pocket machete.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: camocorvette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
m2114g2382resizekt0.jpg

it is one of the sharpest knives i've ever owned. great grip, looks good, and seems to be tough as nails.

</div></div>

I really like that blade shape although I'd likely take one without serrations - I have the tanto bladed version in titanium and can't fault it for the money, now I'll have to go buy another!

Current favourite is a ZT 200 although a little bulky. Since our laws have banned the carry of blades over 3" and/or locking for EDC without a specific purpose such as hunting, fishing etc my EDC is now a smallish swiss army and I have made sure my pencil is never too sharp so as not to cause offence...

Tony

benchmade and gerber spring assisted have always treated me well. except when junior Marines cut themselves playing with their new toy. which unfortunately happens with pretty much every piece of gear

I carry a Benchmade 550 griptillian and love it . I also have several others Cold Steel, CRKT, SOG but I like my 550 best.

If you have been carrying a Spyderco why stop now. I have been carrying a Spyderco Police for about two years and would strongly suggest it to you. It stays sharp and is extremely rugged. JAA