• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Favorite gun case or bag

Dildobaggins

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Jun 26, 2020
    So, with deer and varmint season right around the corner here in upstate NY, I'm going to be going to a range, so I don't disturb the wild life. Never actually been to one. But I'm starting to reload and will be shooting alot more. I usually just walk out my back door to the field. So I've never had a use for a gun case or bag. Any suggestions on a good one that won't break the bank? Possibly one that holds 2 rifles? I don't care if it's hard or soft case. Wondering what you all use.

What knid of rifle ?
    I assume a MSR, but a AR15 ? or a Large frame ?

I have used this brand for a long time... they come in various sizes. Plenty good padding. And durable.
    And if you want MultiCam , or your color choice doesn't seem to be available.. phone them and ask if your chosen size comes in the color you prefer.

FWIW... a 2 rifle bag has always been to bulky for me.

Oops... and watch for any Veterans Day sales

I got one of the midway cases. I needed something super long for when I can't get the supressor off. It turned out to be a really nice case. Dual gun. Lots of pockets for tools (like fix it sticks!, chamber flags, mags, etc).

Its held up well as I load the crap outta that thing and a lot of bags start to tear.

Everything else is too damn short for my rifles. Some people are just well endowed I guess...

Its the Midway Sniper Drag Bag. ($100)

edit: For shorter rifles, I just grab those sqaure looking bags at the local sporting goods stores. Not trying to shill for Midway but something like their heavy duty discrete tactical rifle case. But I just go to academy/cabelas and grab one--no brand loyalty. (~$50)

Reactions: Dildobaggins
    What knid of rifle ?
    I assume a MSR, but a AR15 ? or a Large frame ?

I have used this brand for a long time... they come in various sizes. Plenty good padding. And durable.
    And if you want MultiCam , or your color choice doesn't seem to be available.. phone them and ask if your chosen size comes in the color you prefer.

FWIW... a 2 rifle bag has always been to bulky for me.

Oops... and watch for any Veterans Day sales
    It's be for ars and some bolt actions. Okay I'll keep an eye out. Thanks!

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/939171584?pid=892167

I have a couple of these as @DocRDS has mentioned, and they have held up to moderate use.

However, they are an unwieldy beotch when you put two heavier rifle in them.

Two Regular weight hunting/varmint rifles would probably be ok.

Charcoal 56" is on sale/clearance for about 60 bucks plus shipping... just sayin

I got one of the midway cases. I needed something super long for when I can't get the supressor off. It turned out to be a really nice case. Dual gun. Lots of pockets for tools (like fix it sticks!, chamber flags, mags, etc).

Its held up well as I load the crap outta that thing and a lot of bags start to tear.

Everything else is too damn short for my rifles. Some people are just well endowed I guess...

Its the Midway Sniper Drag Bag.

edit: For shorter rifles, I just grab those sqaure looking bags at the local sporting goods stores. Not trying to shill for Midway but something like their heavy duty discrete tactical rifle case. But I just go to academy/cabelas and grab one--no brand loyalty.
    Yeah I'm going to be shooting one with a 28 inch barrel so I'm going to need a rather long one. I'll have to measure the length of my longest gun and double check. But I'll check the sniper drag bag out as well.

That 56 takes my 24" 308 and a 8" supressor no problem with room to spare. For some reasons a lot of gun cases these days are very short. I had trouble finding ones to just fit the rifle with no can.

I am an unholy terror in the house as DIBBs said--they get unwieldy with 2 guns and i knock all sorts of crap over and the wife gets pissed.

I've purchased PSA soft cases that I would swear were built by DRAGO back in the day.
    I can't fault my DRAGO or PSA soft cases. I don't know of their quality today.
    Forgot to add, I luvmesum of my moar than a few GALATI INTERNATIONAL cases.

I don't know of the new GottaHave/Tier 1 companies. I just know that my soft cases will
    get my 64yr old ass to my last day and PELICAN is just fine for Air Travel.

Last edited:
    For scoped bolt guns I really like
    - good, simple design
    - good materials & construction
    - made in USA.

For scoped bolt guns I really like
    - good, simple design
    - good materials & construction
    - made in USA.

Is the 58" case truly 58" internally, or externally?

Tac Ops drag bag. Quality build and made in the USA. Suitable for one rifle and may break the bank at about $350.00.

Reactions: jinxx4ever
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/939171584?pid=892167

I have a couple of these as @DocRDS has mentioned, and they have held up to moderate use.

However, they are an unwieldy beotch when you put two heavier rifle in them.

Two Regular weight hunting/varmint rifles would probably be ok.

Charcoal 56" is on sale/clearance for about 60 bucks plus shipping... just sayin
    For the price, I think this is well worth it. Like others have posted, there is a lot more expensive ones but for what you are after I don’t see the need for the better qualify of the drastically more expensive ones. My Midway has worked great with 20# rifles

I've purchased PSA soft cases that I would swear were built by DRAGO back in the day.
    I can't fault my DRAGO or PSA soft cases. I don't know of their quality today.
    Forgot to add, I luvmesum of my moar than a few GALATI INTERNATIONAL cases.

I don't know of the new GottaHave/Tier 1 companies. I just know that my soft cases will
    get my 64yr old ass to my last day and PELICAN is just fine for Air Travel.
    pelicans work, i've got 2, but the damn things are heavy to tote around for short hauls. I had a drag bag that was to short and ended up selling it. Great bag though, so i recently ordered another in large. Haven't heard a comment from them one way or another , but hopefully i see the bag shortly.

Eberlestock Sniper Sled drag bag, 57”. Ive had one for five years, use it nearly every week and never had any issues with it