• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Favorite places to buy ammo

Ajwillly

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2017
Ohio
just getting started with testing out different types of ammo in my savage 22. What’s everyone’s favorite place to buy quality ammo? Also good deals with shipping?

Granted it’s hard to find much of any ammo right now but local to me I can get lower end brick ammo

Definitely like the prices and shipping on those recommendations, thanks! Now to just wait until they come back in stock haha

Definitely like the prices and shipping on those recommendations, thanks! Now to just wait until they come back in stock haha
You can send in an ammo request form at Good Shooting, and they may be able to get what you want, before you see it in inventory. It's on their wedsite.

Reactions: PhantomWorks
These days you can't be picky. Whoever has it is who you buy it from. A good website to check is gun.deals

Reactions: nikonNUT
Well in Biden's America, we won't be able to buy ammo online because apparently doing so makes you evil. So... Cabelas.

Reactions: WizManBooks
Go to slickguns and search a caliber or if you know the particular round you are looking for , search it . Free shipping is the key to getting a good price and Sportsman Guide usually has a coupon code there for free shipping and a reasonable price per box . Target Sports has free shipping on cases . Also heard good thing about Freedom Munitions .

I get my match .22 from either Champion's Choice or Creedmoor Sports. I love both outfits.

Cheaper .22 I get either from Midway USA, SG Ammo, or Brownells, depends what they have in stock and when. I only discovered Target Sports on this website, post shortage, so I cannot comment on them but people really seem to like them!

I'll never buy from Targetsports again, they price gouged the customer taking advantage of the pandemic. IMHO.

So I (surprisingly) found some ammo in stock at an online store and I'm thinking about ordering some

What's the process of buying ammo online in Maryland? Does the ammo have to be shipped to an FFL dealer or can it just be shipped to my door?
Order it, and it shows up at your doorstep.

Midsouth is always good. Prices are usually around others and they have Sk in stock a lot.

• Haha
Reactions: Cowpokey
Watch what companies gouge during the lean times, they are easy to find. I would rather be patient and send my business to those that understand the industry and their customer. They also tend to be small family-run companies run out of the garage and are fixtures at matches and other events.

Reactions: Cowpokey and JFive
Their prices used to be good, currently they are at the low end of the price gougers, but still gouging.
Well we all have our opinions but I believe what I said is correct. They are a good company, always have been. There prices are typically around the others and definitely not gouging. We’ve seen gouging prices all over and that’s not theres. Are there prices up a little? Ya but everyone’s prices are up a little. Do they have Sk in stock a lot? Yes they do.

Well we all have our opinions but I believe what I said is correct. They are a good company, always have been. There prices are typically around the others and definitely not gouging. We’ve seen gouging prices all over and that’s not theres. Are there prices up a little? Ya but everyone’s prices are up a little. Do they have Sk in stock a lot? Yes they do.
You must not be looking at the right places. I bought a case of SK Pistol Match a couple months ago for $682 shipped. Midsouth has it listed for $10.80/box...that would be. $1080/case. Your interpretation of gouging doesn't line up with mine.