• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Favorite Rifle?

OilyOwl

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2010
Always interesting to see who dotes on what and more importantly why.

Re: Favorite Rifle?

I'm sure I'll regret this but I'm just too damn curious. Favs would be my 2 Remington 700's and my AR15. Why, because thats what I own.

Why would you have lamentations in regards to your tastes?

I'm rather partial to my McM stocked salvage
wink.gif

I've a beloved 110-S 7-08 and oft lamented the fact that McMillan hasn't a dupe of that pattern. I'd shoot them on most everything.

Splendid pattern.

I'm still liking my heavy 243AI. A 105 at 3250 leaves very little on the table when you stretch it out. There are no mag issues with the high BC bullets, recoil is low, it'll push the high BC bullets to very good speeds, it's hard to make it not shoot, 22.5MOA to get 1K is easy to like, etc etc etc.

DSC_3441.jpg

I might lean Sporty Spice,as a favorite.

Contour/length/chambering/glass?

Application?

It's tough to pick just one. The light guns can do a lot more things than guys think they can. the other rifle that I've been shooting a bunch is that 22" mountain rifle contoured 243 in the blue/white McM Mtn Rfl stock. I've only gunned it to 700yards with 75Vmax's, but it'll do very well. I need to get it to the batcave to get it punched and then work up a 105Amax load.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OilyOwl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Contour/length/chambering/glass?

Application? </div></div>

As previously stated, a Tac Ops Lima, Tac Ops heavy Barrel contour/22 inch barrel/30-06/S&B or Hensoldt if money is not an option, Nightforce if it is.
-Felipe

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brad Arnett</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What glass are you running on it now? </div></div>
Dont have one man, were talking about fav. rifle in existence aren't we?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OilyOwl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Contour/length/chambering/glass?

As previously stated, a Tac Ops Lima, Tac Ops heavy Barrel contour/22 inch barrel/30-06/S&B or Hensoldt if money is not an option, Nightforce if it is.
-Felipe </div></div>

Still can't see where you'd stated that.

Being it's a "Favorites" Thread,the '06 gets a pass...though it pains me.(grin)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OilyOwl</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OilyOwl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Contour/length/chambering/glass?

-Felipe </div></div>

Still can't see where you'd stated that.

Being it's a "Favorites" Thread,the '06 gets a pass...though it pains me.(grin) </div></div>
Previously stated that it was a Tac Ops lima

I would have to say my favorite rifle Is my GAP Crusader cut down to 18"
Bartlein barrel with AAC 762SD suppressor. And the Hensoldt scopes makes life nice. Ive owned a lot of rifle but its what I go to every time I just want to lay down and send lead downrange.

Points for a Fantasy rifle,being your favorite...that takes quite an imagination!

I have 2 favorites since they were both my fathers, Remington model 7 custom shop with the laminated manlicher stock in 7mm-08 and a FN Browning Safari in 375 H&H, used the 375 to take my cape buffalo a few years ago and use the 7-08 on whitetail and hogs on the ranch.

Its not my imagination, it just isn't here yet.
laugh.gif

-Felipe

favorite is the one i can hit with....although, i'm rather fond of the one i did not connect with a goat....at 1800yd....wait for it.

I just stood up and clapped my hands.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KRock459</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style="font-weight: bold">LIFE IS GOOD</span>
DSC_0001-3.jpg
</div></div>
Please tell me thats not yours!! your wife's? your daughters?
-Felipe

Wow, Those pics are going back a ways......wonder what ever happened to London?

favorite? Here ya go ...

6260_1144461383584_1588992478_338961_6882401_n.jpg

Rem700 .243AI, 22" #3 SS fluted PacNor, McM Classic, Leupy 3.5-10x40 duplex w/ turrets in Talley Lightweights ... fed a steady diet of 85TSX's and 105Amax's ...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brad Arnett</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, Those pics are going back a ways......wonder what ever happened to London? </div></div>

havnt talked to him in a while

Kirk R

Off the top of my head,I can only think of a Pink BR Rifle that could mebbe top it.

Classic.

Why is it my favorite? I have a few rifles that I really like but none are as much fun. It is what I always grab when I need a quick fix.

ThompsonAR453e.jpg

Man that's a tough one to call.. but I instantly had the answer, I guess that would mean it really is my favorite..

A GAP M40A1, built by Eric Reid, in a USMC return smear stock with a MST-100 on it....

merlinn

One of my favorites.Winchester "Custom Classic Sharpshooter" built by HS Precision back when you could order them thru the custom shop.300win mag 26" heavy barrel in a PST38. Bought it used and got lucky.It's a hammer.
Winchester300winmag002.jpg

p.s. Nikon 4-16x50 "Tactical"
+p.s. I forgot to say, this thing will drill a 24"x24" steel plate at 1000 with cheap old 173national match pulldowns all day(if I lay off the coffee)

Are we talking fantasy rifles here?

If so my number one would probably be an Accuracy International AW in .338 Lapua Magnum.

Corrosion resistant metal, pure awesomeness, work of art... I hope to one day own the real deal and not just my AICS Remington 700 version.

In reality, I would have to say i like the Remington 700 series.

Sure they have some inherent issues such as shoddy bolt handles and extractors but all of that can be changed. The beauty of these rifles is that they are so easy to modify and have so many aftermarket parts available that you can simply add bits here and there to have something custom.

My dream rifle / rifle system is the cheytac m200 intervention... but dont have the funds and more importantly the range to justify it. So excluding that I am lucky enough to have finaly got my favorite : Sako trg22 green stock, near 25 moa base , nf rings, nxs 5.5-22x56 nrp2, near mfg. brake, harris br-s bipod (still on the fence about getting a gg@g or a Sako bipod). This rifle is so adjustabe the ergonomics are perfect, trigger is unbeatable, not too heavy, very tough rifle, very repeatiable disassembled and reassembled w/ no poi change, no shift in cold bore zero, very temp insensitive, easy to shoot in heavy cold weather gear to include heavy gloves. To any doubters I say find one and shoot it!

I would have to say it would depend on what im doing, if im hunting in my home area of NC, its hard to beat my ruger 270wsm. ive killed alot of deer with her and she shoots sub 1/2 moa @ 100. its light and with the 20 inch barrel easy to handle in dense woods. and since I dont hunt any open fields I dont need anything that can tac drive at over 300 yards. I just love the rifle.

Rem 700 .308 in a McMillan A3 . This was a gift from my wife for our 10th wedding anniversary that started life as a 22-250 VS . After the barrel was toast I had George Vais spin a 22 inch Rock barrel on it and stuck it in a McMillan A3 . Its just one of those rifles that if you miss what your shooting at its your own damn fault . I press it into service on everything from Whistlepigs to Elk just because I love shooting it .

Fire1.JPG

My other favorite rifle is the one I built for my Daughter for a Christmas present this year . I think this picture explains why its one of my favorites .

KayChristmas.JPG

Remmy LTR.

Factory specs, NF 20MOA base, Seekins Rings, SS 10x scope (Scope to be replaced with something more substantial when funds permit)

My 6XC

3499x0j.jpg

my 260 (shown here prior to the trigger being installed)

fenlfk.jpg

and my 6 Dasher.........because no one can have just one favorite. All 3 good to 1k with ease.

2vl0dph.jpg

That XC is pretty slick,for a handicapped rifle.

I have a feeling it's going to be my not-yet-arrived Cooper Phoenix in Tac 20.

Rifles I currently own? My Savage 93r17 BTVS. Fun as all get-out and cheap to shoot.

But I do have a few rifles that I haven't had the chance to form an opinion on yet because they haven't the range time needed.

A 17 Remington, DPMS Sweet 16, said Cooper Phoenix . . .

I've a Plain Jane Cooper 21 in 223 and it is rather fabulous,in all regards.

rem700 s/a 308..20" mike rock m24 contour with target crown...sitting in a adjustable HTG....with a 16x mark4 on top.....

it lives under the back seat of my truck....it has been almost everywhere i have for the last 10 years...

bench

In order my MCM Stocked Savage from Morrison Precision.
Then my M1A NM bedded by Mike Chasse of Thunder Mountain with Sadlak Mount.

I shoot a 23" 5R Mike in M852,A5,M4,Badger ring/rails and MK4 M1 10x mildot.

Still a fucking 308.(grin)

Kinda stuck in a rut, but it works have tried a few but keep coming back the the 243AI, 75 vmax wrecks shit.... 105 AMAX well you know.....

234ai043.jpg

234ai044.jpg

these are the two i have now have had a few others......

Beanland 7wsm on a Rem 700...162 Amax. 21 MOA to 1k
100_0513.jpg

Of course I'll probably have a new favorite when i get my 223AI done
grin.gif