• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Favorite Rifle?

Re: Favorite Rifle?

Ol' Blue Balls there is rather something,I really dig that scheme.

My salvage:

salvage2.jpg

my next bolt gun will be a .223. toying with the idea of .223AI but I don't reload at the moment. I'm working on fixing that.

I'm also toying with turning the .308 into a 7-08. that will also have to wait till I'm reloading again.

Loading will take you places you currently can't fathom.

Those are good things.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OilyOwl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Loading will take you places you currently can't fathom.

Those are good things.</div></div>

I've been there, done that. the press and tooling belonged to ex bro-in-low. I've been spending too much on toys. I need to just break down and buy a press and such.

Lotsa folks swing by my house to reload and I'd imagine you've a friend that'd be willing to let you do likewise,until you are tooled back up.

now that you mention it I did have a buddy offer to let me use his press. I'll have to ring him up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: donovan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kinda stuck in a rut, but it works have tried a few but keep coming back the the 243AI, 75 vmax wrecks shit.... 105 AMAX well you know.....

234ai043.jpg

234ai044.jpg

these are the two i have now have had a few others...... </div></div>

Wow those are f'ing awesome. Both 243AI? What kind of stock is the red one?

For me its a LTR in .308 with extended box mag. Loading to 3" makes it a whole new beast.
Thinking a .280AI is is my near future.

Wyatt and 3 in the belly,or a different route?

Yep, still working with the bottom metal, I think I can get it to feed 4. If not, still worth it . Makes nice little knots that way.

McMillan m86 w/Leupold mk4m3 10x always reliable. My new toy is a LRB M25 jae100 stock w/Krieger DMR bbl. Nightforce 3.5-15x56 npr1. I can't wait till the weather warms to give it a workout.

I currently have a stock 700PSS (older model w/ 24" barrel), TPS 20MOA base, TPS TSR medium rings, and no scope (was a Leupold MK4 4.5-14x40 PR, but I just sold it). Can't decide what scope to get, but waiting for a quote from USO on an SN3 3.2-17x44.
laugh.gif

[/quote]

Wow those are f'ing awesome. Both 243AI? What kind of stock is the red one? [/quote]

MCM classic

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KRock459</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> my favorite rifle of all time.......
P1010090_resize.jpg
</div></div>

No elbow pads?????? That's hardcore sir!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wildcat78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Luvman that's a nice looking setup! How's it shoot? </div></div>

better than me! It's produced a few bugbole groups at 100 with 178gr amax over Re15 that a buddy let me try.

Shoots about 1/2-5/8" with GMM and just under an inch with some PMC 165gr TSX loads I hunt with. It's still not bedded:)

Now for something completely different....
My favorite of the rifles I actually own would be my .30-30. I grew up shooting deer with a Model 94 that was my great-grandfather's (Manufactured in 1922). As soon as I decided I needed a rifle of my own I went and found this one (Made in 1974) at a pawn shop. I've put a few deer in the freezer with it and it's just fun to shoot.
9419.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sjohnny</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now for something completely different....
My favorite of the rifles I actually own would be my .30-30. I grew up shooting deer with a Model 94 that was my great-grandfather's (Manufactured in 1922). As soon as I decided I needed a rifle of my own I went and found this one (Made in 1974) at a pawn shop. I've put a few deer in the freezer with it and it's just fun to shoot.
9419.jpg
</div></div>

Nice combo. I have a .44mag 94 Trapper and its companion a SRH in same caliber. Both are quite handy.

Thanks, that's what I took deer hunting until this past season when I got my .308. The 94 is a .30-30 and the revolver is a S&W 19.

I try to make my sticks feel same in hand, So I've got a favorite 'feel' for them...

Godzilla, GAP 7WSM AMAX slinger. A5 @ 14 lbs...
7Wizzer011.jpg

Lil G, GAP .243 DTAC winger. A5 @ 12.3 lbs (I'm over the shifter throw nuance)
Newbatch008.jpg

plain ol' killin' sticks:

PAI Seven in 7-08, 120TSX launcher. AWR handle just under 8lbs...
DEER2009009.jpg

Gre'tan Seven in .17 Predator. Same, same...
Idaho2010031.jpg

The .22-243 will fit nicely between these two in the same config...

I'll leave the ARs outta this one
wink.gif

For accuracy beyond my ability, M1A Supermatch and a Busmaster Varminter for long guns and a bull barrel Ruger MkII for the short stuff. The WWII era M1 is always fun when the last empty pops out too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OilyOwl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've a Plain Jane Cooper 21 in 223 and it is rather fabulous,in all regards. </div></div>

It's hard to beat those Coopers,aye...Allot of rifle for the $.There's just something more appealing about nice wood and their action.

I liked mine too in 204R.

DSC00242.jpg

My tactical match rifle in 6x47L. It's very ergonomic and does most everything well shooting 115DTACS at a tad less than 3100fps.

Steve