• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Favorite trigger

Re: Favorite trigger

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jerseymike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Originally Posted By: hewlett260
AI, TRG, and Huber are all 2-stage and the AI gets my vote.

Huber is not a true two stage. You have to work the safety to reset once you pull through the first stag

Can u clarify?? </div></div>
Huber is more of a set trigger, its not a true two stage where if you pull the first stage and decide not to fire, the trigger doesn't reset to its full forward position </div></div>
Which Huber Concepts two stage trigger works like that? I have experience the Huber Concepts trigger line for the Remington 700 actions and they definitely do not work like a set trigger. I have a Huber Concepts two stage trigger set to 2# on my 5R milspec. From a rest the trigger is pulled back using light force to a point where there is an increase in pull weight. Any trigger movement past that point and the bolt will release. I can release the trigger and pull it back to that same point as many times as I like with the same pressure and the same point to where the trigger will see an increase in trigger force and bolt release. I do no need to do anything to the safety to reset the trigger and the rifle is just as safe before and after I pull the trigger anywhere within that first stage.

I do not have a mechanical drawing of the internals of the Huber Concepts trigger but the way the Huber Concepts trigger operates at the trigger is the same as the Kidd two-stage trigger in my Ruger 10/22. There is no need to reset anything.

I like my AI trigger for everything but benchrest. Jewels for BR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T-Payne</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is everybodys favorite trigger for competition style shooting? Kinda new to the whole bolt gun thing and want to get the right one. </div></div>
When I posted I thought you were looking for replacement trigger for a Remington 700 as this is the most commonly seen bolt gun. Can you clarify if this is correct or are you entertaining the possibility of buying and modifying a higher end factory rifle or building a new rifle based on a custom action?

I ask because a lot of these posts mention triggers that are typically only used in factory upper-end precision rifles and I did not want you to be any more confused than you have to be.

Hope this helps!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YAOG</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jerseymike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Originally Posted By: hewlett260
AI, TRG, and Huber are all 2-stage and the AI gets my vote.

Huber is not a true two stage. You have to work the safety to reset once you pull through the first stag

Can u clarify?? </div></div>
Huber is more of a set trigger, its not a true two stage where if you pull the first stage and decide not to fire, the trigger doesn't reset to its full forward position </div></div>
Which Huber Concepts two stage trigger works like that? I have experience the Huber Concepts trigger line for the Remington 700 actions and they definitely do not work like a set trigger. I have a Huber Concepts two stage trigger set to 2# on my 5R milspec. From a rest the trigger is pulled back using light force to a point where there is an increase in pull weight. Any trigger movement past that point and the bolt will release. I can release the trigger and pull it back to that same point as many times as I like with the same pressure and the same point to where the trigger will see an increase in trigger force and bolt release. I do no need to do anything to the safety to reset the trigger and the rifle is just as safe before and after I pull the trigger anywhere within that first stage.

I do not have a mechanical drawing of the internals of the Huber Concepts trigger but the way the Huber Concepts trigger operates at the trigger is the same as the Kidd two-stage trigger in my Ruger 10/22. There is no need to reset anything.

</div></div>

Thats how all my hubers work, no fiddling with safeties, if i pull the first stage in and release the trigger, i can pull the first stage in again with no issues?

I recently purchased a Remington 700 AAC-SD and have been thinking of getting a new trigger that doesn't break the bank.

What do you guys recommend around $150-200?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Whitebearsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Huber 2 stage 3 pound pull on my Remy 700. It handles -35c no problems </div></div>
The Huber Concepts two-stage trigger set to 2# in my 5R/AICS rifle worked just fine in 46C plus weather. I have not cleaned my Huber Concepts two-stage trigger yet and it has not failed to fire or accidentally discharged.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 00boraslow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I recently purchased a Remington 700 AAC-SD and have been thinking of getting a new trigger that doesn't break the bank.

What do you guys recommend around $150-200?</div></div>
If still available buy a Huber Concepts two-stage trigger on the Sniper's Hide deal for a bit more than $200 as I recall. It was a while ago so I don't remember the details. If you cannot find it on the website call Huber and ask about getting the SH deal. It will be worth your time.

If your a lazy stupid F#%^, don't get a Jewel, if not then get one, clean it with lighter fluid often and it will flat out work perfect.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If your a lazy stupid F#%^, don't get a Jewel, if not then get one, clean it with lighter fluid often and it will flat out work perfect. </div></div>
Huh? Jewell triggers are reliable, smooth shooting and near the top of my single stage trigger list. Alternately the Jewell haters could also quit throwing dirt in their actions to see if you can make a Jewell jam up.

I have a Huber in my precision rig. From the standpoint of shooting with it, it is an awesome trigger. Like the others, I do not find it to be like a set trigger. If I release the trigger after taking up the first stage, the trigger moves forward and I have to take up the first stage again.

I am a little leery of the trigger because, with the safety off, you do not have to hit the gun very hard to make the trigger release. Mine is set to about three pounds and if I drop the gun more than about a foot onto the butt, the trigger releases. This does not appear to be a malfunction or something set wrong per the materials that come with the trigger.

Of course if the safety is on, it will not go off no matter how hard you hit it against the ground, but I have some concerns about the safety getting accidentally bumped off.

This mandates careful handling, and, to my mind, not walking around with the gun chambered, even with the safety on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maladat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a Huber in my precision rig. From the standpoint of shooting with it, it is an awesome trigger.

I am a little leery of the trigger because, with the safety off, you do not have to hit the gun very hard to make the trigger release. Mine is set to about three pounds and if I drop the gun more than about a foot, the trigger releases. This does not appear to be a malfunction or something set wrong per the materials that come with the trigger.

Of course if the safety is on, it will not go off no matter how hard you hit it against the ground, but I have some concerns about the safety getting accidentally bumped off. </div></div>

I had this exact same experience with a brand new Huber. Mine was set at aobut 2.25 lbs - no adjustments made to it other than at factory. Made me nervous enough to consider a change. I am now running a flat Timeny set at 1.5 lbs. I can pound my rifle on the ground with safety off and no fire. And it was about 40% of Huber cost. Huber is a cool trigger, but ability to make it go off by bumping is not good - even in the newest versions.

I am trying to figure out how to get a glock trigger to work in a bolt gun. I love me some glock triggers!
crazy.gif

The only one i can speak for personally is timney. I put a 510 in my aac-sd and am very happy with it. Night and day difference over the factory x mark "pro".

I have heard jewells dont like dirt, but the lighter fluid trick is supposed to work wonders.

I have also heard that the extreme trigger is awesome. Again no personal experience, but this came from a guy who I have a ton of respect for in the shooting arena.

My favorite factory trigger ever is the the one on my old remmy 600. It is a bad little rifle with quite a few deer to its name. Trigger is awesome for something that came from the factory.

Just bought my first savage, and Im liking the accutrigger too......

What is everybodys favorite trigger for competition style shooting? Kinda new to the whole bolt gun thing and want to get the right one.

Wow, this is the 2013 International Sniper Competition Winning team member statint that he is new to the "bolt gun thing". Maybe they won because they ranged everything weeks before the competition! You think I am bullsh(*&^& you? They almost recieved a citation from Officer Bogus ( no kidding thats his real name) for "poaching" beacause they were caught by him on the range with civilian weapons on the range a few day prior to the competition. They said they were there for training (not entirly flase, they were training for the comp) and were released to the USAMU Comand.

What a crock of crap, these two are great shots however there is a competition for long range marksmanship. They are COMPLETE FRAUDS AS SNIPERS!

I have a Timney in my R700 and it works just fine, but it isn't my "favorite" trigger ever. That award goes to Geissele.
If Geissele would put out a two-stage R700 trigger, I'd be on it like white on rice.

Their National Match AR trigger was the nicest trigger I have ever used on any weapon.

For Remington 700:
1.HUBER 2-stage Trigger(1.639#/ozs.)
2.CG X-Treme Mod 22 2-stage Trigger
3.Jewel 1-stage Trigger
For AR and HK - Geissele.