• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Favorite Zombies movie

memyselfi

memyselfi
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2011
Good Ole USA
Has anyone ever posted a favorite Zombie movie survey ? Since " The Walking Dead " season two is almost here, and Holloween is around the corner.

Might be <span style="text-decoration: underline">jumping the gun..... </span>a little on timing.

Not too omit that you can soon buy " <span style="font-style: italic">zombie ammo </span>".

Re: Favorite Zombies movie

return of the living dead

the chick zombie tied down to the table with her little nubbin flailing around will always have a place in my heart

Zombieland was pretty good. So was 28 days later.

World War Z, while its still in production, looks promising.

Dead Snow. It's in Norwegian with English subtitles, but it's full of zombie goodness. Over the top, cheesy, blood and gore.

A ski vacation turns horrific for a group of medical students, as they find themselves confronted by an unimaginable menace: Nazi zombies.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaskaman 11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Michael Jackson this is it! </div></div>

Nice!

I like Zombieland

1 more for Zombieland

I loved the quote from Tallahasee:

"Does a lion limber up before he takes down a gazelle?"

World War Z was an entertaining read, but it seem like it might be hard to do it justice as a movie, cause it bounced around so much.

"Time to nut up or shut up."
Zombieland was pretty good, but I think Shaun of the Dead has to be my favorite.

Zombieland. Why do you think there haven't been any acclaimed zombie movies since?
The perfect mix of comedy, gore, action and a lil romance for the ladies.
and: "BILL F&CKING MURRAY" lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CommAV80R</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Zombieland. Why do you think there haven't been any acclaimed zombie movies since?
The perfect mix of comedy, gore, action and a lil romance for the ladies.
and: "BILL F&CKING MURRAY" lol </div></div>

Kill zombies & get the hot chick = awsome (Zombieland & Shaun of the Dead)

Zombieland, but 28 Days Later was excellent as well.

Zombieland & Shaun of the Dead, i have both of them on Apple TV and watch them regularly when i need a good laugh and violence. Both are great, i couldn't pick just one. "to the Winchester".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Peloton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dead Snow. It's in Norwegian with English subtitles, but it's full of zombie goodness. Over the top, cheesy, blood and gore.

A ski vacation turns horrific for a group of medical students, as they find themselves confronted by an unimaginable menace: Nazi zombies. </div></div>

Shock waves is another fav of mine (albeit low budget) and also has Nazi zombies.

Dawn of the dead (2004) hands down. Fast zombies are how they should be. I woulnd't be afraid of slow ass mu fuckin zombies lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Peloton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dead Snow. It's in Norwegian with English subtitles, but it's full of zombie goodness. Over the top, cheesy, blood and gore.

A ski vacation turns horrific for a group of medical students, as they find themselves confronted by an unimaginable menace: Nazi zombies. </div></div>

+1 For Dead Snow (aka Dod Sno). I saw that movie a couple months ago and I loved it. Loved the Nazi zombie aspect, and I thought it was funny too.

Ohhh where do I start... I have a lot of zombie flicks

Easily over 50 of them...

The stand out for me is Dawn (2004) and 28 series. I like nasty, fast and psychotic rage zombies.

There are some cool international zombie flicks worth check out as well. Horde is a good example.

I'm a big fan of zombie flicks. The 28 series is really good, generally what I like to compare zombie movies too. Zombieland is pretty funny, worth a watch. And there's the classics that have been mentioned in this thread already...

But the zombie movie that really stands out to me is Outpost! This is a british made film, about mercenaries hired to take a man to an old nazi outpost. That's all I'll say about the plot, it's a must watch! I will say that it is not a zombie film in the typical sense. These zombies are slightly different then the typical ones.

Here is a trailer:

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fEI-v5pdivA"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fEI-v5pdivA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Outpost II: Black Sun should be coming out soon, I'm really looking forward to that!

I think it's appropriate to mention the book World War Z here as well. It's a great read, and like all good sci-fi, it's commentary on modern society is excellent. It's a really fast read, so enjoy!

Another neat non-typical zombie film is Pontypool. It's a Canadian made film, about a virus outbreak in Ontario. It's non-typical, as it covers the zombie infestation from a radio-station. The people in the radio station are initially relatively insulated from what is going on outside, but are reporting on whats happening from their station.

It's a pretty neat flick.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RsGPsbAd7Dc"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RsGPsbAd7Dc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kthomas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm a big fan of zombie flicks. The 28 series is really good, generally what I like to compare zombie movies too. Zombieland is pretty funny, worth a watch. And there's the classics that have been mentioned in this thread already...

But the zombie movie that really stands out to me is Outpost! This is a british made film, about mercenaries hired to take a man to an old nazi outpost. That's all I'll say about the plot, it's a must watch! I will say that it is not a zombie film in the typical sense. These zombies are slightly different then the typical ones.

Here is a trailer:

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fEI-v5pdivA"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fEI-v5pdivA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Outpost II: Black Sun should be coming out soon, I'm really looking forward to that!</div></div>

That looks Great. When does it come out.

Yeh outpost is pretty cool... I almost forgot about that one.

Very interesting I havnt seen pontypool. Thanks for the heads up i will try and check it out.

I watched pontypool the other night... the movie was pretty cool up until the point at the which the explanation for the zombies/rioters was given.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I watched pontypool the other night... the movie was pretty cool up until the point at the which the explanation for the zombies/rioters was given. </div></div>

I agree with you. I still think it's a neat film, but they definitely could've done it better.

Any news on wether the 3rd installment of 28 days/weeks is due? They left it wiiide open for a 3rd film in the end as it showed infected people rambling out of the Paris side of the "Chunnel" with the Eiffel tower in the backround, just before the credits rolled.

Dead Alive wins IMO for the zombie baby... and then the zombie baby disposal in the blender... and then the protagonist chopping his way out of his monster zombie mother's womb with a crucifix.

I took an elective in undergrad about horror movies (it counted for a literature course and involved entertaining films... who wouldn't?) and I talked the professor into showing Dead Alive as one of the Zombie Films for the series.

A class mate puked 21m37s into the film. I was pretty proud of myself :)

A close second is ZombieLand.

Dead Set : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz7Kuud2Dgg

The above is the movie version but it was a series on the BBC (they still show it once in a while). Very well done and great premise. Well worth the watch IMHO.

STORY:
Britain has a big problem. The dead are returning to life and attacking the living. The people they kill get up and kill – and it’s spreading like wildfire. Curiously, there are a few people left in Britain who aren’t worried about any of this – that’s because they’re the remaining contestants in Big Brother. Cocooned in the safety of the Big Brother house, they’re blissfully unaware of the horrific events unfolding outside. Until an eviction night when all hell breaks loose.

Kelly, (Jaime Winstone) the production runner working on Big Brother finds herself caught in the impossible position of trying to fend off the walking dead alongside the remaining housemates, Davina herself, a host of former Big Brother housemates, her producer boss Patrick (Andy Nyman) and boyfriend Riq (Riz Ahmed).

Over the ensuing days, in a cruel reflection of the game show they thought they were entering, the contestants fall victim, one by one, to the hungry masses outside. Staying alive requires teamwork – which is tricky when you’re a group specifically selected by TV producers to wind each other up.

^ Dead Set is not bad, but some of the characters on that show drive me nuts...

Recently purchased the 25th Anniversary Edition of "Zombi 2" released in 1979. Directed by Lucio Fulci. Pretty good despite no modern CG FX.

"I can feel myself rot..." hahaha! I loved that one. The second one was great too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">return of the living dead

the chick zombie tied down to the table with her little nubbin flailing around will always have a place in my heart </div></div>

I must be sick because I would have totally banged Zombie Jenna in that movie! hahaha!
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THEBLACKBISHOP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Zombie Strippers! Awesomely terrible. </div></div>

The Walking Dead
28 days & weeks
The Crazies - might as well be zombies
Dawn of The dead
Resident Evil
Zombieland

Shaun of the Dead. Super funny.

Zombieland was good for a few laughs , I digged the truck In Day of the Dead

Zombieland and all the resident evils rock. 28 days later was good . Will have to check out some of the others mentioned

is the crazies considered a zombie movie?
But dawn of the dead is probably one of my favorites.

I'm really enjoying the walking dead, ready for season 2 to resume.
One thing I've noticed about that show, is that i haven't seen a single 'black rifle' on there.... After the buying spree of last few years and the fact that the military has been over run and generally wiped out in that show, you'd think the characters would have come across and picked up a few of those instead of relying on 12 gauge shotguns..... Besides that they seem to have a freaking inexhaustible supply of 9mm and buckshot! Just saying!

Didn't the guy who blew himself up at the center for disease control have some AR's?.. Where in the F did they go?