• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FBI Sniper Rifles

Looks to be a 2 piece base with an A.R.M.S. #5 multi base mount added on top.
From the pic, does it look like that receiver was lug slotted for a Unertl? Kind of looks like it was, but my eyes may be playing tricks on me.

Few years in the making. Pretty much done👍. Need to go shoot them now…lol

IMG_2074.jpeg

I've had great luck with 175 gr SMK/Nosler Custom Competition and 42grs + or - of IMR 4064

Reactions: Skunk
This was Fed GMM case, 43.5 Varget, BR2 primer, 180 SMK (I’ve got a ton of them), seated 2.82”

Reactions: Calfed
Actually, they have been annealed. That, and the fact I have lots of them from the job over the yrs, is the only reason I’m futzing with them. I’ll try a couple more things before I switch to my Lapua stuff. I’d like to have a bunch of ammo I can just shoot and leave the brass where it falls. I think I’m gonna start taking some of these “old guns” to matches and have fun like I used to….

Our worst reloads are in FGMM brass, even annealed.
Best loads were in new blue bag Winchester brass.
2nd best, lapua.
3rd Norma
4th black hills
5th select lots of lclr weighed and ...
Hornaday
Fgmm

And like you, at one point, I had 21,000 fgmm once fired cases... had...

Loading lapua right now for accuracy stuff, and using primed gi cases for shoot and lose cases. Working fine so far.

Rgr that, I'm buying new contract over-run primed cases, found on gun-broker.

Reactions: Skunk
This was Fed GMM case, 43.5 Varget, BR2 primer, 180 SMK (I’ve got a ton of them), seated 2.82”
I've got several .308 rifles, but one of my favorites is an old sporterized 1909 Argentine Mauser that was converted to .308. My sons and I shoot in a military vintage silhouette match. (chickens, pigs, turkeys and rams at 200-500 meters). Sometimes I shoot "as issued" with a Swiss K-31, but got the sported Argentine to use in the "vintage military sporter" class. The Argy likes 42.6 grs of IMR 4064 with the Nosler 175gr CC, CCI 200 primer, in FGMM brass. COAL 2.810.

It doesn't do badly for a 110 year old action with a barrel of unknown make, and a cheap Nitrex 3-9 scope...

017JSDQ.jpg

After settling on 42.6 grs of 4064, I dicked around with the COAL and it seemed to like 2.810 best. Target from my COAL testing. 2.810 in bottom right.
MmQ1b2j.jpg

Got a bunch of LC from my rifle team days. But, crimped primers, fired in M14’s, etc…. A lot of work! I’d rather just drink suds and slap shit together!
Just for shits and giggles slap a few 168 or 175 MKs over your exact same load and brass and see if much difference.

I know you have a bunch of the 180s but we have never been able to get them to shoot stupid good like 168 and 175s in .308s and the 190s in the 300WMs.

It's only cool if you have a bunch of bullets that aren't being picky little bitches.
If the 168 or 175 fly better out of your guns, maybe load the 180s in your old LC brass for positional training or the apocalypse.???

Last edited:
Just for shits and giggles slap a few 168 or 175 MKs over your exact same load and brass and see if much difference.

I know you have a bunch of the 180s but we have never been able to get them to shoot stupid good like 168 and 175s in .308s and the 190s in the 300WMs.

It's only cool if you have a bunch of bullets that aren't being picky little bitches.
If the 168 or 175 fly better out of your guns, maybe load the 180s in your old LC brass for positional training or the apocalypse.???

I’ve got a bunch of 175’s and will jam, not jelly, them into the Lapua brass I’ve got.

Your suggestion is exactly what I’m thinking for the 180’s with the Federal and LC brass. Or, I’ll feed these 180’s to my WinMag and warp-speed them into quadruped meaty things.

I feel sure I can get them to do better than the 1.5” mess I had the other day.

I’ve got a bunch of 175’s and will jam, not jelly, them into the Lapua brass I’ve got.

Your suggestion is exactly what I’m thinking for the 180’s with the Federal and LC brass. Or, I’ll feed these 180’s to my WinMag and warp-speed them into quadruped meaty things.

I feel sure I can get them to do better than the 1.5” mess I had the other day.
I bet they’ll shoot “minute of dog”

When I went to FBI sniper school 1984, I loaded a bunch of my own ammo. 168 and 180. SMKs over IMR 4895. The 180’s kicked like a mule in Fed brass but shot sub .50 moa. That rifle had a Schneider Poly rifling barrel from
McMillan. I miss that rifle

One of the instructors had a smear stock M70 with Weaver T10 on it

When I went to FBI sniper school 1984, I loaded a bunch of my own ammo. 168 and 180. SMKs over IMR 4895. The 180’s kicked like a mule in Fed brass but shot sub .50 moa. That rifle had a Schneider Poly rifling barrel from
McMillan. I miss that rifle

One of the instructors had a smear stock M70 with Weaver T10 on it
M70 with a weaver..

That’s so long ago , question do dinosaurs have the same viral zone as people..😂

Maybe that’s the real history behind the proverbial “apricot shot.”

Reactions: brianf
M70 with a weaver..

That’s so long ago , question do dinosaurs have the same viral zone as people..😂

In the beginning of the 80'ies I was sponsored by Winchester Europe with a Win M70 Varmint in 222rem and a Weaver T16 for international moving target shooting in the old Olympic event "Running Deer 100m".
I still have the T16 scope:

DSC_1470.JPG

I have an old insurance photo from app 1985 of the rifle with the T16 mounted, 3rd from bottom.

Top was my silhouette rifle, M700BDL Varmint in 7-08. The Leupold 6.5-20X40 with Leupold dot is one of the first five such scopes ever produced. As a young student in the 70'ies I ordered five from Leupold. I received a telex were they asked if the order was correct :)

Second from top is a Winchester M14 with a S&B PM 6x42 with bdc with 100m clicks from 1 - 800m. Above 300 there were also 50m clicks.

Bottom is a Kongsberg M59F1 in 7.62NATO with sidemounted scope (not pictured) as issued from the Norwegian National Guard. This specimen was a genuine .7moa rifle with selected Raufoss 147gr NATO ball ammo.

Rifler.png

Last edited:
Well, it seems that a .5 grn increase in powder charge, to 44.0 grn, and .020” more jump are showing promise.

The wind here right now is 12/G18 from 3.
IMG_1838.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1834.jpeg
    IMG_1834.jpeg
    687.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1839.jpeg
    IMG_1839.jpeg
    659.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1840.jpeg
    IMG_1840.jpeg
    620.2 KB · Views: 19