• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

F T/R Competition FClassOpen shooting compsWhen and Where?

relentless1

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 22, 2013
Anyone have f class open match schedules for around the country and all year round?
Just wondering if one can travel and compete year round?

Bunch of wussies; the Minnessotans stop shooting in October until May. We Texans shoot year-round.

Thanks for the mn, wi link!
Denys, , can you provide me with a Texas sched. of F Opens by any chance?

I'm trying to get a Winter War Match, shooting in snow and sub-zero temps using Mosin's.

Just cant talk these woosies around here into it.

To be fair. Cold is more dangerous than hot. I'm from Montreal and I remember the -40 degree temps in February; been there, done that; needed a lot more than the T-shirt.

Bunch of wussies; the Minnessotans stop shooting in October until May. We Texans shoot year-round.

:) We don't stop shooting in October...it's just time to concentrate on shooting animals!! October is still decent enough weather wise to have matches, but come December, it's hard to sink the f-class feet into the frozen ground :). I have thought about starting to do some travel to catch a match or two in the winter months as well, so the post by hawk_ce with other locations in southern climates is great to see.
BTW...I have several friends from Texas that come here for business in the winter months. They usually last about 5 minutes outside on a January day before they want to find a heater to hug :).