• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FDN 17X owners, chime in.

Hi everyone. Just wanted to update you on the result of the reticle illumination question I posted earlier. Now, on to the reticle illumination thing. The replacement scope is exhibiting similar condition at lowest magnification power. So, I believe it is the way they either designed it that way, or a design not optimized for the scope's internals lens. Regardless. I will be keeping this scope for a while. Once the rain stops here. Will take it out to test. Thanks again for your inputs and tips..

Last edited:
Had an old B-Series 17 that wouldn't hold zero. Sent it back to USO and they basically upgraded it to the FDN turrets and sent it back. The service was quick and easy and I'm very happy with the optic now. USO has gotten a lot of hate in the past but I'm very happy with the current product and service they are giving.

Reactions: rothgyr
I just ordered an FDN 17X with the MPR reticle as I discovered very quickly that my eyes don't like tiny center dots and lots of .1 MRAD hashes.

I am excited to receive it next week.

-Stan

I'm new here and just brought home this Rem 700 in 308 which has a FDN17X mounted on it. I am loading some 168g Noslers with Benchmark and hope to test it out tomorrow. Lots of good info in this thread, thanks.

20231230_090548.jpg

I'm new here and just brought home this Rem 700 in 308 which has a FDN17X mounted on it. I am loading some 168g Noslers with Benchmark and hope to test it out tomorrow. Lots of good info in this thread, thanks.

View attachment 8309648

Which reticle does your FDN17 have?

I now own both an FDN17 and FDN25 with MPR reticles.

They are great for my PRS-dabbler usage and other long range hobbies.

-Stan

Which reticle does your FDN17 have?

I now own both an FDN17 and FDN25 with MPR reticles.

They are great for my PRS-dabbler usage and other long range hobbies.

-Stan
It's the JVCR with red illumination. I have a lot of experience with old military rifles and vintage lever actions but I don't know squat about scopes and what limited knowledge I have is all MOA so I will need to do some learning on this ;)

Reactions: stanley_white