• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fed up with false Japanese glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahymn

Private
Minuteman
Oct 6, 2023
austin
Fed up with those companies playin' fast and loose with the origins of their goods or parts. Take Ark’n, for instance, claimin' their stuff's rockin' Japanese glass, but here's the real skinny: all them big shots like Leupold, Vortex, Light Optical Works, and a whole bunch more, they're all in cahoots with Chinese lens suppliers for the sake of cost and some-decent quality. the Philippines, they're snatchin' up them Chinese lenses and slappin' 'em together in Japan, stampin' it "Made in Japan" on scopes. Ain't no harm in that 'cause makin' a scope all-American would break the bank for us Yanks. But buyin' lenses from a factory churnin' 'em out for the Japanese crowd don't make 'em "Japanese lenses." Just keep it straight with us, quit feedin' us them tall tales, and come clean already!

Japan is not a grade of glass.
March scopes are made in Japan, same with swfa SS, the glass is not the same in them. Just because something says it’s made in a certain country doesn’t necessarily mean it’s top tier quality.
JOL vs LOW is a good example.

1696618119946.png

If you’re buying a $500 optic you’ll get $500 glass

Nobody is making a scope with ATACR/Razor etc level glass from LOW in japan and selling it at a steal of a deal

Personally in that level even Chinese glass competes. The Athlon ETR series for example

There’s lots of shilling now days. The Arken to me is a great example.

I have 2 Arken EP5. They are great $500 optics. Came with decent accessories and what not. What they’re not is $1500 optics at a fraction of the price

Who here remembers “Nunya” as it relates to the origin of scope parts?

Fed up with those companies playin' fast and loose with the origins of their goods or parts. Take Ark’n, for instance, claimin' their stuff's rockin' Japanese glass, but here's the real skinny: all them big shots like Leupold, Vortex, Light Optical Works, and a whole bunch more, they're all in cahoots with Chinese lens suppliers for the sake of cost and some-decent quality. the Philippines, they're snatchin' up them Chinese lenses and slappin' 'em together in Japan, stampin' it "Made in Japan" on scopes. Ain't no harm in that 'cause makin' a scope all-American would break the bank for us Yanks. But buyin' lenses from a factory churnin' 'em out for the Japanese crowd don't make 'em "Japanese lenses." Just keep it straight with us, quit feedin' us them tall tales, and come clean already!
You must work for Quigley-Ford...

Don't look at where it's made to find out if it's quality or not. Instead, look through the glass. In my case, I can tell the difference between my jap lenses and china lenses. But that's not always the case for everyone. China glass with some badass coatings may give you the same clarity as jap and german lenses. Highly unlikely, but it's possible.

Listen ‘er pardner, here’s whacha’ gonna dew. Take that dag gum chink glass and smash it! smash it ‘gain!! Now take yer six shootr’ out and blast it! ‘Gain!! ‘GAIN!!! Now dance ‘little jig on that there glass! Swivel them hips! Make yer ass whistle!
Funniest shit I've read in a while, literally had me laughing my ass off.

Last edited:
Who here remembers “Nunya” as it relates to the origin of scope parts?
So it seems that term has something to do about Nunya, in maybe Taiwan, and Premier Reticles? Fill us in.

Edit: might just mean “nunya business who makes the parts in our scopes” as in Premier’s response to a query.

Last edited:

hahaha who the fuck is this posting on an alt

Sounds like Gingerhammer or whatever his name is

• Haha
Reactions: 308pirate
1 Post by this member. Perfect apostrophe usage on slang words. Dumb nonsensical rant.

Yep, smells like a trolling post written by ChatGPT or another language model.

So it seems that term has something to do about Nunya, in maybe Taiwan, and Premier Reticles? Fill us in.

Edit: might just mean “nunya business who makes the parts in our scopes” as in Premier’s response to a query.

The OP just reminded me of a thread here on the Hide years ago when the Premier Heritage came out. Everyone was so excited for “Schmidt-quality glass at Nightforce price,” Made in America, etc, etc. When some of the sticklers started to engage Chris Thomas on the makings of the scope, asking where the lenses came from, who was making the parts, had Premier done the minimum to achieve the “Made in America” sticker, Thomas replied with, “Nunya.” As in, None Ya Business….

Scope companies buy components from wherever they have to in order to meet a price point Americans are willing to pay. The people bitching about where each component comes from are the ones too cheap to pony up the cash for a top tier optic.

I hate China as much as anyone else, but I also know they’re perfectly capable of producing top level stuff, if you’re willing to pay.

• Haha
Reactions: carbonbased
The OP just reminded me of a thread here on the Hide years ago when the Premier Heritage came out. Everyone was so excited for “Schmidt-quality glass at Nightforce price,” Made in America, etc, etc. When some of the sticklers started to engage Chris Thomas on the makings of the scope, asking where the lenses came from, who was making the parts, had Premier done the minimum to achieve the “Made in America” sticker, Thomas replied with, “Nunya.” As in, None Ya Business….

Scope companies buy components from wherever they have to in order to meet a price point Americans are willing to pay. The people bitching about where each component comes from are the ones too cheap to pony up the cash for a top tier optic.

I hate China as much as anyone else, but I also know they’re perfectly capable of producing top level stuff, if you’re willing to pay.

As someone who actually works in the contract manufacturing industry it just blows my mind to see how many people think they're entitled to know every detail of someone's manufacturing processes and supply chain.

It truly is none of their business. 99% of them don't know shit from shinola about trade and country of origin regulations anyway. "But I read it on the internet".....LOL

Don't buy from the brands which you question their components' origins??? Meaning get one with a different "Made in _____" stamp. Seems pretty easy.

PS It may mean having to spend more money. I'm fine with that. Seems you should be too.

* Translated to Apostrotalk (Apostr'talk) *

Don' buy from the br'nds wh'ch you question their components' origins??? Meanin' get one with a diff'ren' "Made in _____" stamp. Seems pre''y e'z'.

PS It may mean havin' t' spend mo' money. I'm fine wit' tha'. Seems 'u' should b' to'.

• Haha
Reactions: Makinchips208
I knew a guy working at a local location for a company that does controls, like thermostats. He would receive parts from Mexico and parts from China and put them together and slap on a "Made in USA" sticker because final assembly was done here.

Listen ‘er pardner, here’s whacha’ gonna dew. Take that dag gum chink glass and smash it! smash it ‘gain!! Now take yer six shootr’ out and blast it! ‘Gain!! ‘GAIN!!! Now dance ‘little jig on that there glass! Swivel them hips! Make yer ass whistle!

This sounded out in my head in Owen Wilson's voice from Shanghai Noon. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: carbonbased
I knew a guy working at a local location for a company that does controls, like thermostats. He would receive parts from Mexico and parts from China and put them together and slap on a "Made in USA" sticker because final assembly was done here.

Well that would be illegal....

• Haha
Reactions: Ronws
Status
Not open for further replies.