• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Hunting & Fishing Federal fusion or Barnes tsx .260 for deer......

keith jones

Minuteman
Sep 14, 2010
Bulls Gap,TN
I am sighting rifle in for a young girl I am taking hunting this weekend. I a setting up a .260 the only ammo I can find in a rush is 120gr. federal fusion, and 120gr. Federal barnes TSX. Any help on which ammo to choose. I have not shot the fusion on deer but have heard good things.. Any info will help!

Re: Federal fusion or Barnes tsx .260 for deer......

I haven't used the 120 Fusion on deer but shot about 100 rounds of it at the range to get the brass for reloading. Accuracy was about 1 MOA at 100 yards, maybe slightly better from my Savage. Not as good as my handloads, but good for factory ammo. Hope that helps some, never shot any Barnes bullets in anything.

I've used the 150 Fusion in 308 on deer and it performed just fine, for the price difference I'd go with the Fusion over the Barnes if it matters to you.

If it were me, I'd do the Barnes..I have a 260 but do handloads, have a couple friends that shoot Barnes and they kill well. So, maybe its a biased opinion.

I've shot 150, 168 and 180 Barnes in a 308. Never had a bullet stop in the animal in the 200-300y range. Usually leaves a finger to quarter size hole internally and no problem penetrating rib+shoulder of anything up to Elk. Groups well. A bit expensive.