• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Range Report Federal GM Berger 73 grain .223

don447

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2018
Fort Worth, Texas
Hello,

I'm new to forum. I'm a disabled combat vet, medically retired from the service. In rifles, I am primarily a bolt gun guy, but I do love to shoot all of my semi-autos as well. I couldn't get the search bar to work just now it kept closing before I could type a single letter. So if this has already been covered many times over, my apologies- technical issues.

Has anyone tried the new Federal Gold Medal Berger 73 grain in .223? I have a couple of heavy barreled match ARs that already shoot close to 1-hole at 100. Depending on the ammunition, they are capable of 1-hole. Well I just bought several boxes of this ammunition and took it to the range. I can tell you that in my personal experience, it's definitely the tightest shooting factory .223 ammunition that I have ever shot. Everything that Federal says about this ammunition is true and then some.

I use it exclusively in my Knights gun. Very accurate load.

Mine is a 7. Can't say about anything else, sorry.

@don447 I have been using the .223 Federal 73 gr Berger for about a year now in my training rifle. That stuff is amazing!! It is a very accurate round.

I actually just crono'd some out of my 16" Knights SR-15 and it only averaged 2550 fps. The IMI razor 77 SMK averaged right at 2660 and were more accurate. But it may be awesome in yours!

Definitely excited to try some of this, isn't there a 73 gr eld aswell?