• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Federal Terminal Ascent

AZNG Nelly

Private
Minuteman
Jun 11, 2020
Flagstaff, AZ
Anyone have any insight on these new rounds that came out in January 2020? Making some pretty bold claims that it is the best most accurate hunting round.

Only the few articles that I've seen making the same claims you mention. I picked up some for my 280 AI to try out, just haven't gotten to it yet.

Only the few articles that I've seen making the same claims you mention. I picked up some for my 280 AI to try out, just haven't gotten to it yet.
Let me know how it goes when you do. I've been trying to get some, but none anywhere amd only certain calobers avaliable from online. Sold out everywhere

The .30-06 flavor

I used it this past weekend to hunt axis with. I had crap accuracy with the 30/06 175gr Federal TLR ammo, and only slightly better results with the Hornady ELD-X 178’s. I was almost ready to sell the gun and give up but saw this new ammo, and did some research. I bought a couple boxes and went out this past weekend and was pleased with the group. Not match grade, but It shot significantly better than the TLR. Plus it killed a 34” axis, so I’m happy.
I‘m using a GAP made 30/06 with a fluted 26” Bartlien 1/10 5R barrel so I was really hoping it wasn’t the gun. Turned out Federal noticed a lot of QC and accuracy issues in the TLR rounds, and discontinued them. Went back to drawing board and came out with the Terminal Accent rounds.

I used it this past weekend to hunt axis with. I had crap accuracy with the 30/06 175gr Federal TLR ammo, and only slightly better results with the Hornady ELD-X 178’s. I was almost ready to sell the gun and give up but saw this new ammo, and did some research. I bought a couple boxes and went out this past weekend and was pleased with the group. Not match grade, but It shot significantly better than the TLR. Plus it killed a 34” axis, so I’m happy.
I‘m using a GAP made 30/06 with a fluted 26” Bartlien 1/10 5R barrel so I was really hoping it wasn’t the gun. Turned out Federal noticed a lot of QC and accuracy issues in the TLR rounds, and discontinued them. Went back to drawing board and came out with the Terminal Accent rounds.
Good to know. I have been using hornady eldx for hunting the past couple years so I got quite a few rounds of that in 30-06 and 6.5 creedmor. So I'm waiting to find a box of the TA and do some sort of controlled testing with barrel cooling and hopefully little to no wind at 100 then jump out to 600. Seen a YouTube video a while back of a guy shooting milk jugs to see what the bullet would do at different speeds. Cant seems to find it again but he was using the TA .

They sent me some to test in my 280 Ackley but I haven't had time.Tthey are similar to the TLR. extra ring for stability and small diff in the looks dept.
The TLR work great. I will try and shoot some soon.

They sent me some to test in my 280 Ackley but I haven't had time.Tthey are similar to the TLR. extra ring for stability and small diff in the looks dept.
The TLR work great. I will try and shoot some soon.
Right on. Can't wait to hear your results. Gonna do a comparison with 6.5 creedmor. Got couple boxes of TA and Hornady ELD-X. Gonna see which, if any shoots tighter groups out to 600 yds. Ill post my results as well.

Getting started working a load up.

Attachments

• 20200802_180658.jpg
    20200802_180658.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 20200802_175900.jpg
    20200802_175900.jpg
    370.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 20200802_180405.jpg
    20200802_180405.jpg
    431.1 KB · Views: 41