• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Federal Ultra Match sale at Sportsman’s Guide

AHart76

Private
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Haubstadt, Indiana
Just a PSA, Sportsmans Guide has a sale on Federal Premium Ultra Match, 22lr, 40gr, 50 round box(I double checked to make sure that’s what it really was) on sale for only $8.40 a box, $8.07 if you are a buyers club member. I stocked up, not to be a hoarder but who wouldn’t with those prices. Just thought I’d let everyone on here know!

If you’re not a member of soortsmans guide, buds has it for $8.15 per 50.

Thats being said I was very disappointed on how a specific lot shot out of my new vudoo and the other lot that shot better, still wasn’t as good as I had hoped. Might have been the gun, might have been the ammo.... or a combo of both.

I know the UM22 is made in Germany & is supposed to be 'good stuff', but I've not been at all impressed with the 3 different lots of it that I bought from MIdway several months ago. Wish I had my money back & had invested it in a good lot # of SK Rifle Match or Lapua Center-X...

If you’re not a member of soortsmans guide, buds has it for $8.15 per 50.

Thats being said I was very disappointed on how a specific lot shot out of my new vudoo and the other lot that shot better, still wasn’t as good as I had hoped. Might have been the gun, might have been the ammo.... or a combo of both.

No luck with it in my Vudoo either.

Thank you to the OP for the heads up! But as already stated, I have never had it shoot out of any of my rifles. Center X and Eley Match is ALWAYS a safe bet!

Hmmmm, for everyone saying it doesn’t shoot, it seems to do pretty good out of my Kidd 10/22. I bought some Norma to try and everyone says that they have good luck with it. It was covered in lube though and causes the cases to stick. And by covered I mean it would cost my fingers loading a mag. Is all Norma Like this or did I get a weird box? And what are some other recommendations to try?

Interesting how there are some many negative experiences with these...I tried them in my CZ 455. Grouped really well at 50 yards. I tried them at 200 yards and did well also. If it wasn't for the cold, I'd get a few more sessions and show pictures of the groups. I have about 8 different brands/types of ammo waiting to get tested. Some much more expensive than these.

I have 3 cases waiting for testing. If not up to standards I will use in pistol practice. My pistol skills do not require ultra precision ammo.