• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s FedEx hits the 10 ring

One-Eyed Jack

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2004
Minden, NV
Don't ask me how they do it. This is how the box arrived with my new AIAW:

Misc002.jpg

Re: FedEx hits the 10 ring

talk about a kick in the balls

LOL....

You almost want to write on the outside of the box, "Please handle with care, the contents in this box are worth more than your car". Sadly, they'd probably just steal it then.

Hey i used to work for a freight company and we never really took those stickers seriously.................until they started using these meters that would break or bust if you dropped it to hard or tilted it to fare one way. All i know is that ever since that job i ALWAYS add insurance to any package!!!!

Sorry to see the big hole there, but the important question is the rifle okay? if so, pictures please...

Those stickers are just suggestions. I worked for years on a receiving dock. To watch those guys handle freight was craziness. We had a stack of delicate instruments that the driver toppled into his truck! 80K each and he no longer drives for FedEx....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hutch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those stickers are just suggestions. I worked for years on a receiving dock. To watch those guys handle freight was craziness. We had a stack of delicate instruments that the driver toppled into his truck! 80K each and he no longer drives for FedEx.... </div></div>
...but received a promotion and now asks if you want fries with that?

Fedex / ups / purolator employees the world over seem to be clumsy or disgruntled.

Damn its like they just said F&#ck u and your box, I have never ending trouble with USPS here.

I think ups needed a ramp for their forklift, because when I had my Super Match M1A rebarreled I got it back and the stock was broken at the wrist. almost completly in two peices. I don't call them the "shipping gorrillas" for nothing.

Yeah, after a few close calls like that I now almost exclusively ship rifles in a Storm hardcase. Yeah, it's a bit more expensive to ship but well worth the headache of having to repair what's inside!

Heck, I've even shipped out the case empty to just have the other side pack in the rifle and ship it back. Since then, absolutely no close calls and no issues whatsoever! Those cases are almost indestructible!

I have seen things bent I didn't think you could bend. A crank shaft for combine walkers. It is 2" solid bar. A beeter grate and a concave bent. One to bad to repair. The concave I could starighten the ear. Both are at least 1/4" steel.
I don't trust shipers with anything.