• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Feds tap team of bridge experts for inspections and new construction in Baltimore...

HeavyAssault

Dog-Face One-Horse Pony-Soldier (AVN RGT)
Minuteman
  • Feb 14, 2011
    Florida

26243_1920x1080-thebridgeontheriverkwai-url_hero_lg.jpg

Can they construct a bridge faster than digging a tunnel? Given the circumstances getting commuters moving again should be the priority.

Reactions: BurtG
    Can they construct a bridge faster than digging a tunnel? Given the circumstances getting commuters moving again should be the priority.
    IDK. That was a lot of steel that went in the water. Doubtful a new construction bridge exactly like the old one would meet the "CODE" for one built in 2025. Probably would be a lot more reinforced concrete and girders than what was there.

How old was the Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore? The bridge opened to traffic on March 23, 1977, about four-and-a-half years after it was scheduled to open, according to The Baltimore Sun. Construction on the bridge began in 1972, according to the Maryland Department of Transportation.

Seeing how that bridge broke up makes me wonder how much maintenance it was in need of, maybe money was being spent elsewhere like educating the children Instead of maintaining some stupid bridge. was already mentioned in one of these threads The Wire, and Jimmy McNaulty one of those continues themes was how broke-ass-poor B-more is. Tunnel is a smart move maybe they can follow up with one.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
    Wow was that pilot that took control blind ? must have been a female pilot diversity hire . They will claim... 'mechanical malfunction'.
    Last freighter over here that I remember, I think was back in 2013, 'port of portland' that banged into a few things, like a ship and a dock. Was nothing as bad a causing major Br. collapsing . The vessel and crew were put on a uscg hold/arrest , was docked with armed security onboard entire time, had federal marshals come onboard taking depositions, vessel had to post a BIG-$$$$ Bond 'multi'-millions just to depart. Vessel and crew were stuck there for a good couple weeks.

Wow was that pilot that took control blind ? must have been a female pilot diversity hire . They will claim... 'mechanical malfunction'.
    Last freighter over here that I remember, I think was back in 2013, 'port of portland' that banged into a few things, like a ship and a dock. Was nothing as bad a causing major Br. collapsing . The vessel and crew were put on a uscg hold/arrest , was docked with armed security onboard entire time, had federal marshals come onboard taking depositions, vessel had to post a BIG-$$$$ Bond 'multi'-millions just to depart. Vessel and crew were stuck there for a good couple weeks.
    Some of the video shows the ship losing power and going dark prior to the crash. Interesting the "Authorities" did not board the vessel immediately.

This should not have been an issue. We were supposed to have flying cars by now. Best we got is prototype Urban Air Mobility and Amazon packages delivered by drones.

No George Jetson, no Rosie, no Astro. But we got Fukishima, so I guess things are moving along.

This should not have been an issue. We were supposed to have flying cars by now. Best we got is prototype Urban Air Mobility and Amazon packages delivered by drones.

No George Jetson, no Rosie, no Astro. But we got Fukishima, so I guess things are moving along.
    We were supposed to become a "paperless society" also. I have much more paper today than 50 years ago.
    Maybe America has just plateaued.

Some of the video shows the ship losing power and going dark prior to the crash. Interesting the "Authorities" did not board the vessel immediately.
    I slow on getting the details today, was up out hunting from 03 to 09.00 this morning. is weird no tugs ? River Pilots and tugs pretty common here, taking vessels over the bar up river, That cargo vessel is a BIG muthafucker running that channel.
    There is a lot of paperwork when a pilot comes onboard and vessel relinquishes control over till docked. one thing you can bet on, is that there is one or more insurance Co. somewhere just pissing their pants today....LOL

This new team is being hired using the same hiring model that built the Titan submersible. What could go wrong?

I slow on getting the details today, was up out hunting from 03 to 09.00 this morning. is weird no tugs ? River Pilots and tugs pretty common here, taking vessels over the bar up river, That cargo vessel is a BIG muthafucker running that channel.
    There is a lot of paperwork when a pilot comes onboard and vessel relinquishes control over till docked. one thing you can bet on, is that there is one or more insurance Co. somewhere just pissing their pants today....LOL
    I heard they didn’t want to PAY for tugboat service.

There were very few Fact Checked details today. A lot of sensationalism by the MSM and a lot of questions from those of us who worked on or near the main rivers and ports. The ship went dark prior to hitting the structure. But if it was centered up with the bridge opening seems like it would have just gone with the flow and cleared the supports. There is some good GPS tracking photos out there somewhere. A lot of IDK's

There were very few Fact Checked details today. A lot of sensationalism by the MSM and a lot of questions from those of us who worked on or near the main rivers and ports. The ship went dark prior to hitting the structure. But if it was centered up with the bridge opening seems like it would have just gone with the flow and cleared the supports. There is some good GPS tracking photos out there somewhere. A lot of IDK's
    First thing I thought. Lights go out do you immediately turn right??? Seems like you’d keep it straight where you knew it was supposed to go. You have to wonder if this is just another distraction.

Seeing how that bridge broke up makes me wonder how much maintenance it was in need of, maybe money was being spent elsewhere like educating t
    Gas tax going to general fund/ welfare.
    And “mass transit” trains and buses to bring the crime and shit out to the nice areas with the added bonus of using up the road money so our roads are FUBAR

First thing I thought. Lights go out do you immediately turn right??? Seems like you’d keep it straight where you knew it was supposed to go. You have to wonder if this is just another distraction.
    Earlier, on this thread, I was told to put on my tin foil hat.... LOL... In this world today, there is so much unexplained stuff happening it can't all be a coincident. I called it a timely distraction.

Earlier, on this thread, I was told to put on my tin foil hat.... LOL... In this world today, there is so much unexplained stuff happening it can't all be a coincident. I called it a timely distraction.
    Having a flat tire on a busy highway is an incident. It’s hard to believe there aren’t multiple contingencies to prevent a 1000’ ship from ramming a bridge.

Where it was said (elsewhere) that the ship insurer only covers the ship, and the container contents..... that can't be right.

"3rd Party Liability".... ain't that something that EVERYBODY has to purchase, when they buy automotive insurance? Same/Same, or am I thinking ridiculously?

They shouldn't rush this. They could save a ton of money in clean up and prep, if they just hold off a couple weeks the locals will steal the old bridge for scrap metal.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
    They shouldn't rush this. They could save a ton of money in clean up and prep, if they just hold off a couple weeks the locals will steal the old bridge for scrap metal.
    May last a couple days but eventually the politicians would get involved to take their portion of the scrap money.

At 0124 hours, Dali was under way in the channel, making eight knots and steering 141 degrees. At about 0125, multiple alarms went off, and the VDR ceased recording the ship's electronic system data. Using backup power, the VDR kept recording bridge audio, and it captured the pilot's verbal rudder commands.

One minute later, at 0126, the VDR was able to resume recording the ship's electronic data. Shortly after - at 0126:39 - the pilot made a general VHF call for tug assistance. This was the first distress call from the vessel.

So we know it wont take ten years to get the debris out of water as there are military ships in there and they have to come out. But the real question is where that commerce activity will be redirected to, and will it be permanent.

Last edited:
    more than 1..
    welders are going to be chopping that bridge up into little pieces; set it on the barge.
    Will the steel go to the USA to get melted down or China?
    Every piece of that frame has "torque" in it. Dangerous to get too close when cutting it. They may bring in some sort of mechanical cutting rig. Probably section it up and lay pieces on barge to demolish. But, IDK.. Keep talking about HAZMAT in containers that were damaged. May want to cold cut some laying on the ship.

I'm sure they have experts on the scene. 😒

Reactions: babyguppy