• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Feedback for scope and rings for Barrett 82a1

Del_007

Private
Minuteman
Apr 25, 2021
Oregon
I was able to get a 82a1 (29in barrel) in 50 bmg and now I am looking for scope.
It’s been almost 2 years (from what I found) for the last diccussion on what scope to get for an 82a1.
https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/scope-for-a-barrett-82a1.6935867/#post-7641904

I am looking for a scope and rings to be around $1500-$2300.

As of now just going to shooting paper or steel .
The shooting area and target area may be in the shade from trees (planning on shooting during the daytime), so I don’t know if that will make it more difficult to get light in the scope to see the target.
Since the gun is already heavy I don’t think I will care about the weight for the scope, as I will be almost always shooting from a bench, table, or ground.

In regards to some details about the scope, after some googling this is what I think I want, but I am open to pick something else.
I believe I want something that is MOA (as I have no internal reference or association to the metric system that comes to me naturally)
Also I believe I would want SFP as the reticle will be their at any distance, and I don’t mind to take my time learn how to calculate any longer range shots.

I never shot with scopes before just iron sights or red dots. So all of this will be new for me.