• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Feeling Old?

mvphilly

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2022
NY
This will help. Ringo Starr is 83 years old now. It seemed not too long ago he was one of those mop topped Fab Four who changed music? He is 83 now.

Reactions: Singlestack_Wonder
I met the medical assistant in charge of drug reps at one of my new clinics (transitioning from heart failure to multiple sclerosis) and I mentioned that I’ve been drug repping for almost 26 years. She said “That’s longer than I’ve been alive.”

Thanks for nothing, sweetie.

P

This will help. Ringo Starr is 83 years old now. It seemed not too long ago he was one of those mop topped Fab Four who changed music? He is 83 now.
Yes …fuck I AM old.
Had a State Trooper tell my Mom if I made it to 16 , everything else would be gravy when I T-boned a Galaxy 500 in the door on my Motorcycle when i was 15 and lived 😳
Make it to the end of November, will hit 70 ! Fuck Cats , I’ve gone through 10 or so Lives so far 🍻 🇺🇸

Last edited:
Yes …fuck I AM old.
Had a State Trooper tell my Mom if I made it to 16 , everything else would be gravy when I T-boned a Galaxy 500 in the door on my Motorcycle when i was 15. 😳
Make it to the end of November, will hit 70 ! Fuck Cats , I’ve gone through 10 or so Lives so far 🍻 🇺🇸
73 here. How did we survive. Ive done more dumb stuff than I could put in an encyclopedia.

I met the medical assistant in charge of drug reps at one of my new clinics (transitioning from heart failure to multiple sclerosis) and I mentioned that I’ve been drug repping for almost 26 years. She said “That’s longer than I’ve been alive.”

Thanks for nothing, sweetie.

P
Got a kid (hes 24) that works for me. When I told him I could be his grandfather he about shit.

Reactions: Sandhog308
The actor Ringo Starr?? I believe he was the lead in that 1981 comedy film Caveman.

• Haha
Reactions: diggler1833
SHEEEEYiiiiit. Ain't none of this old. IF you remember the lead-in to Crusader Rabbit, THEN you're old.

• Haha
Reactions: acudaowner
7A3998A2-8D1A-4FB8-ABED-039BB568F6FA.jpeg

Remember this one? Strange stuff.

DAANNG! THAT one's so old to me, I remember it but didn't know what it was until I watched your YT post. I knew the "title", 'Kukla, Fran and Ollie' but didn't know what it meant and never thought of looking on YT. Ovusly it means I saw "Crusader Rabbit" as reruns.

• Haha
Reactions: Maggot
The only time I feel old is when I wake up in the morning and shit i forgot about the nap. Sitting to long in one spot, oh well it beats the alternative.

Reactions: Foul Mike
Got a kid (hes 24) that works for me. When I told him I could be his grandfather he about shit.

Where I work there are 3 people older then I am....only 3 out of all of them. And they are babies.

I was talking about music the other day and the child in my office says he also likes Billy Joel, and some of the other oldies.
Give me your tazer
why
I am going to shoot you with it child....Billy Joel oldies no way. Then you think, how long ago was 1980 again......oh crap it is oldies.

• Haha
Reactions: Foul Mike
At 66, running a hospital project , I was the oldest on the jobsite. But as our company interviewed for the project, the hospital administration said they liked looking across the table at our team and seeing gray hair, it meant experience to them. Keep on, keeping on!

I kinda like getting old having had several friends denied the opportunity. I hear it (getting old) beats the alternative 8 to 1 at least.

I been telling my Wife "I'm gonna get so old and cranky and stinky no one can stand me!"

She say's "yer there...."

VooDoo

How many of you 60 plus year olds, wake up with a new achy joint or pain periodically for no particular reason (i.e. doing something stupid)?

I've noticed the last couple years that seems to happen on a more frequent basis, and I'm 64 years young.

However... it does beat one of the many alternatives. Keep movin and avoid becoming worm food. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandhog308
Got no achy joints nor disfunctions yet at 67.....was at the end of my 2 mile brisk morning walk here a couple weeks ago and tripped and fell in the street. Felt stupid...got up, crossed the street and suddenly couldn't catch my breath and was blacking out. Been knocked out plenty of times teaching/training martial arts so I sat down and hugged my knees and took deep breaths. Head cleared -breath rate returned to normal, heart rate came down to tolerable.

Sat there 10 minutes and felt fine. Got up (I was 2 blocks from home) and in a few hundred feet was blacking out and gasping for air. Called Mama to come get me. Long story short - pulmonary embolism. A massive clot passed thru my heart and lodged in my right lung. Next day a very good bunch put a dealie in my Femoral artery (thrombectomy) and vacuumed that shit out. Dr. told me with clots that size 2 in 5 die right there.

Back to walking and pushups and getting old again. Modern medical technology is fucking cool as hell. I'm like to get older and stinkier before they dirt nap me. But I never saw that coming...thought I was lucky. Cardiologist says I'm one lucky SOB but having the heart of a War Horse didn't hurt any either. Keep moving Old Friends. Keep moving.....

VooDoo

getting tired of going to funerals of my peers. at 76 just hoping be functional a bit longer. living to infirmity? not much interest in that.

How many of you 60 plus year olds, wake up with a new achy joint or pain periodically for no particular reason (i.e. doing something stupid)?

I've noticed the last couple years that seems to happen on a more frequent basis, and I'm 64 years young.

However... it does beat one of the many alternatives. Keep movin and avoid becoming worm food. ;)
Biggest trouble I have is not physical. Its having seen, if not 'it all', certainly too much. Its tough for me to keep up the motivation and good attitude. Its easy to slip into "Fuck this shit."

Reactions: DIBBS
Got no achy joints nor disfunctions yet at 67.....was at the end of my 2 mile brisk morning walk here a couple weeks ago and tripped and fell in the street. Felt stupid...got up, crossed the street and suddenly couldn't catch my breath and was blacking out. Been knocked out plenty of times teaching/training martial arts so I sat down and hugged my knees and took deep breaths. Head cleared -breath rate returned to normal, heart rate came down to tolerable.

Sat there 10 minutes and felt fine. Got up (I was 2 blocks from home) and in a few hundred feet was blacking out and gasping for air. Called Mama to come get me. Long story short - pulmonary embolism. A massive clot passed thru my heart and lodged in my right lung. Next day a very good bunch put a dealie in my Femoral artery (thrombectomy) and vacuumed that shit out. Dr. told me with clots that size 2 in 5 die right there.

Back to walking and pushups and getting old again. Modern medical technology is fucking cool as hell. I'm like to get older and stinkier before they dirt nap me. But I never saw that coming...thought I was lucky. Cardiologist says I'm one lucky SOB but having the heart of a War Horse didn't hurt any either. Keep moving Old Friends. Keep moving.....

VooDoo
Medical tech has certainly become better. 100 years ago I'd have been dead fron UTI's. If not that, blind from double cataracts. And crippled from a worn out hip joint.

Last fall, my old classmate and I, who wound up living only about 40 miles from me, went to our high school's 40 year reunion (Class of 1982.) Man, there was a lot of old people there.

I was 6' 6" when I graduated. Now, I am a shrimpy 6' 4". But I still have my hair and it is not gray, yet. My classmate? Bald.

Just recently had my remaining teeth removed so that I can have dentures. But I have not been able to chew anything tougher than a banana. So, I am down to a dainty 245 lbs. I have to grind up the brisket I smoked over the holiday weekend.

So, I am possibly on the younger side here, at 59. But I have Benjamin Button disease. I look younger than I am. My wife is only 8.5 years older than I am but she has had some wrinkles, partially from the seizures (she is okay, living in a skilled nursing facility.) A number of people thought I was her son. In reality, she is my cougar.

Some decades ago, Ted Nugent was a guest host on Z-Rock, a nationally syndicated show. A kid called in. He had never heard of the Motor City Madman. Never heard of the Amboy Dukes. But he knew Damn Yankees.

I can still feel old around people closer to my age when I pull out the reference to a Dorian Gray portrait in my attic. It's based on the movie that made Faye Dunaway an up and coming star about 40 something years ago.

At 66, running a hospital project , I was the oldest on the jobsite. But as our company interviewed for the project, the hospital administration said they liked looking across the table at our team and seeing gray hair, it meant experience to them. Keep on, keeping on!

The other side of that coin is as new people move up and want to do "new" things that got tried 15 years ago and did not work and you bring it up you get told FPGT it is not 1980 anymore. Then oddly enough when it does not work, you are not a "team player".

I know why humans don't advance very quickly they keep doing the same stupid shit over and over again. I say this as I sit here in the office at 1:51am dealing with a stupid issue. I have been here about two hours. I think I am going to call it a day when everyone starts to get here. I will be leaving with the night shift.

SEE YA

as above-correct. if you look at human history big picture or small ones you see that doing things that were done before not working well as previous. amazing how short a time goes by when our idiot leaders do the same shit again and again. khe san and george bush in iraq are shinning examples. dien bien phu and vietnam war in 60s were in living memory of the idiots that tried the same thing in like settings and for the same "reasons". think einstein had something to say about repeating the same behavior and expecting a different outcome.

Reactions: Maggot
as above-correct. if you look at human history big picture or small ones you see that doing things that were done before not working well as previous. amazing how short a time goes by when our idiot leaders do the same shit again and again. khe san and george bush in iraq are shinning examples. dien bien phu and vietnam war in 60s were in living memory of the idiots that tried the same thing in like settings and for the same "reasons". think einstein had something to say about repeating the same behavior and expecting a different outcome.
"Insanity is repeating the same thing and expecting a different outcome each time." - Einstein

Reactions: mosin46
I work with young people who have no idea who John Wayne or Captain Kangaroo were.
Why is it that the older I get, the younger kids get?

I cursed today and a young delivery driver assumed I was cursing him and getting bent out of shape and immediately called someone to complain about this old white guy blah blah blah.

I thought about it. I am an old white guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: jrassy
I work with young people who have no idea who John Wayne or Captain Kangaroo were.

Or a rotary dial phone, pay phone?, tv without a remote? tub washer with a roller wringer? life before A/C?

Hell, kids today don't even remember life before WiFi.

I'm sure my grandparents thought the same about me because I never churned butter or changed a wagon wheel.

Reactions: mosin46
77 here. But the orange agent is slowly killing me. AMF We got you anyways.